Falling Skies

TKz

Premières tonight. Anyone else going to be watching/recording to watch later/downloading from the interwebs? Looks pretty good and it's had some good reviews. I'm not getting my hopes up as it's a Sci-Fi show on a major network, and more often than not, they either get cancelled or aren't very good.

I only caught the last hour which probably explains why I wasn't really digging it too much. But I also caught the first five minutes of the encore and thought the intro to the episode was pretty awesome. The episode kinda reminded me of the Walking Dead episode when they go back to the city for the guns and run into that gang.

I really liked it. The only problem I have so far that the only character I really liked all that much was the gang leader from episode two.

"Eh, I think I'll take a breather first. Being the leader of a Post Apocalyptic gang of outlaws is tiring." :P

I really liked it. The only problem I have so far that the only character I really liked all that much was the gang leader from episode two.

"Eh, I think I'll take a breather first. Being the leader of a Post Apocalyptic gang of outlaws is tiring." :P

I agree, the gang leader was pretty awesome. I do like Noah Wyle's character though as well. Enjoyed the premiere and looking forward to tomorrow's episode (but not as much as Leverage's premiere :w00t:).

You disappoint me for not including White Collar on that list. :(

You should check out Breaking Bad before it comes back too (fourth season premieres in a month) because that show is awesome. The third season is superb.

I really liked it too, there actually is a few shows to watch in the summer, my line-up is: True Blood, Futurama, Falling Skies and Weeds. Even though i still need to see last season of True Blood before i jump to the fourth season. Wasn't expecting much of this but yeah, it's good.

Edited by The Sandman

Forgot about Weeds, always a fun 20 minutes a week. And I couldn't get into either White Collar or Breaking Bad. I got through the first season of Breaking Bad but it just didn't do much for me. White Collar... the episodes I watched I enjoyed, but I had a hard time coming back to it.

Forgot about Weeds, always a fun 20 minutes a week. And I couldn't get into either White Collar or Breaking Bad. I got through the first season of Breaking Bad but it just didn't do much for me. White Collar... the episodes I watched I enjoyed, but I had a hard time coming back to it.

Stick with Breaking Bad. The third season makes up for how just okay the first two seasons are.

Episode 1 (or part 1, whatever) was okay, but felt a bit flat. Characters weren't explained well, and it focused too much on one family in my opinion. Episode 2 was great though, the gang leader is a very entertaining actor and I'm glad he survived so he can come back later on. Are we supposed to find the little boy sweet? He actually pisses me off.

I guess Maggie has now taken the 13 year old's place in the squad, which will result in the boy doing stupid shit. I called it. Or he's going to find out Maggie is actually insane and has some kind of ulterior motive. Two pretty blondes in one squad is a bit confusing though :pervert:

Edited by The Quasi Juice

I loved the show. I am not the type of person who actually makes a schedule to watch shows (outside of RAW and maybe Smackdown) but I think Falling Skies is going to join Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead in the list of shows I really go out of my way to see. The things is I am afraid to get too much into it (too late!) because network television shows can be cancelled at any time and I would hate for it to happen. It happened to V (which I also went out of my way to see, even if some episodes flat-out sucked) and I don't want that to happen to this show.

Ok, after the fourth episode, I am intrigued. Using kids as army men is something I didnt expect, but what are they doing to make those kids feel like a part of them? (aliens). Is it some sort of brain wash? Damn, the special effects might be pseudo-crappy and some of the characters are not that interesting, but the story is really good so far.

This show is definitely not unique as far as the plot is concerned, but it stands out and something different. Most post apocalyptic shows are due to plague or nuclear disaster. So in that aspect it's fresh. I'm enjoying this series so far and hope they come back with a second season.

• 1 year later...