2011 NBA Draft Thread

Guest Mr. Smokes

Guest Mr. Smokes

Rumors

Spurs trading away Tony Parker for a lottery pick and targeting Jonas Valanciunas

Bucks and Raptors talking deal involving Ilyasova and draft picks

Melo wants Knicks to pick Josh Selby

Wizards moving up for Enes Kanter

Lottery Draft Order

1.Cleveland Cavaliers

2.Minnesota Timberwolves

3.Utah Jazz

4.Cleveland Cavaliers

5.Toronto Raptors

6.Washington Wizards

7.Sacramento Kings

8.Detroit Pistons

9.Charlotte Bobcats

10.Milwaukee Bucks

11.Golden State Warriors

12.Utah Jazz

13.Phoenix Suns

14.Golden State Warriors

We can probably just merge this with the NBA thread, we keep draft discussion together for NFL/NHL/MLB.

Anyways, apparently the Suns have been discussing trading Steve Nash to the Timberwolves for the second overall pick. What a great way to thank a guy who's given you his all for the past 7 years.

Guest Mr. Smokes

...or not Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby had an emphatic response to a Wednesday morning espn.com report that the Suns have discussed trading Nash to Minnesota in a package for the No. 2 pick in Thursday's draft.

It came on the heels of denying another espn.com report that the Suns explored sending Marcin Gortat to Minnesota.

"We are not trading Marcin Gortat. Period. End of sentence," Babby said Wednesday morning. "We are not trading Steve Nash. Period. Exclamation point."

Read more: http://basketball.re...t#ixzz1Q1MnPqsr

Edited by Mr. Smokes

Nash report is untrue, or inaccurate. Wolves might have inquired, but Suns won't part with him. They'll make him waste out his ringless career in Phoenix instead of playing backup on a contender like a lot of great veteran leaders end up doing.

Would love the Wizards to trade up for Kanter, I wanted the 3rd or 4th pick because I felt it all but guaranteed us a shot at him. Would wonder what we have to give up, but I really want the deal to go down.

The Spurs can reasonably part with Parker and still do fine with George Hill, I think he's a perfect fit in Toronto and wouldn't be surprised if this deal went down.

Hopefully for the Knicks' sake they don't take Selby. The guy got expelled from my high school for hitting a girl with a belt and then went on to also leave DeMatha. He was amazing at Lake Clifton, but that was for one year and he didn't really set the world on fire at Kansas last year. A few years in a stable college setting would have made a star out of him, but I think he's destined to crash and burn in the NBA. Shame too since he's the most-hyped Baltimore player since, well, Melo.

Guest Mr. Smokes

The Lakers and 76ers have held discussions involving a swap of Andre Iguodala for Lamar Odom, according to league sources.

The deal would save Philadelphia a significant amount of money, as Odom is entering the final season of his contract while Iguodala is owed a combined $44 million over the next three seasons.

The Lakers would have to include more salary in order for the deal to consummated.

Would be a nice trade for the Lakers. They would get a great young player that they desperately need and a potential franchise player. Lakers should also try to acquire Lou Williams or Jrue Holiday to get a young guy at PG and also a big man to replace Odom.

I don't know, would Andre move to SF or something? Because I'm not sure if he wants to play sixth man behind Kobe when he has been starting and is capable of starting.

Edit: Apparently there is nothing to these rumors anyways, haha.

Edited by Trench

The Bucks receive: Stephen Jackson, Beno Udrih, and the No.19 pick from Charlotte.

The Kings receive: John Salmons and the No.10 from the Bucks.

The Bobcats receive: Corey Maggette and the No. 7 pick from Sacramento.

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/30214950

LOL Kings. Can we just contract them already or send them over to the WNBA where they might be able to compete.

• Like 1

I have no clue what the Kings think they are gaining from this trade. Even with the rumoured trade with the Spurs for Parker, this puts them in a worse position for that.

Holy crap that was a bad deal for Sacramento... They gain absolutely nothing... I thought Beno was a much better player last season than John Salmons was anyway, I could be wrong with that statement but Beno put in a decent season for teh Kings, I think he was thier starting point guard, where as I didn't hear or see Salmons too much...

Then just swapping the 7th for 10th pick, won't save too much money... I don't understand what made them make this deal, especially when they've needed a PG and then to give one away, was hard to understand... Good thing the Kings are one of the NBA Franchises I hate...

Milwaukee gets the best of this deal though IMO...

The Kings are making silly moves... I really think they shit the bed here. Brandon Knight would have been a great backcourt teammate for Tyreke Evans since Knight can play off-ball to Evans... I really think they should have waited and waited to see if Knight fell to them.

I think picking either player is a smart move as both will be good NBA players... I personally would probably take Irving over Williams with the #1 pick but I could understand anyone wanting to take Williams over Irving...

I really don't know who Phoenix can take with the #13 pick... Nobody is really standing out for me around there, I'm hoping Klay Thompson falls that far but I don't see it happening :(...