The EWB PS3 FIFA 11 Tournament

TCO

Jesus, that was a little too close.

Man City 2 - 1 Arsenal.

Walcott scored in the 14th minute - my defending was very poor for that.

What followed was a long even game of two teams trying and ultimately not taking chances. Adebayor came off the bench in the 80th minute, scored in the 85th after racing through the middle. 90th minute, Adebayor breaks again, picks up the ball going wide, cuts inside, has a shot, the save sends the ball to the waiting Tevez for a tap in.

So I pick up the win in the last minute. Boss was beyond unlucky. A draw would have the fairest result, the fact it took me so long to break through was a testament to how he held me off. After my 90th minute loss to Baddar, I feel we needed the win and Adebayor rescued the game for me.

I'm the worst player ever, or the most unlucky. One of those two. It was beyond frustrating to lose a game that has been already won in the last 5 minutes. There were some lagging issues during the game, hopefully it won't be the case in the second match.

Great match, but so, so damn irritating :P

No worries brother, You guys were just better. The first game You destroyed me, the second I don't know how I lost, leading the whole time, and letting in 2 goals in the last mins, and the third one... Could have gone either way.

One way or another, good luck guys, and I'll be sure to take part in the next tourney - every tourney needs a jobber, right? :)

Man Utd 3-1 Real Madrid

Rooney (22, 45, 83 pen) - Ronaldo (49)

Rooney missed a pen in the last minute too.

Good game, Captain Kirk. I thought you were going to equalise not long after you scored your goal.

My first two goals were indeed comedy. Rooney falling flat on the ball on the goal-line followed by Marcelo.

Edited by Bluebirds

Fair enough, but the AI is selectively horrid, in attack as much as anything. There'll be times when you'll hit shoot and your player will choose to run into the GK/defender instead, making the motion to shoot after you lose the ball. Don't get me started on team-mates colliding. Roll on 12, oh wait, even MORE collisions. :shifty:

Fair enough, but the AI is selectively horrid, in attack as much as anything. There'll be times when you'll hit shoot and your player will choose to run into the GK/defender instead, making the motion to shoot after you lose the ball. Don't get me started on team-mates colliding. Roll on 12, oh wait, even MORE collisions. :shifty:

I've started to notice how bad the AI is after a kick off after I think you mentioned it.

They are - it's how I got my winner against Boss tonight, directly after he scored. I find that the attacking team has the balance tipped towards them at 45 and 90 minute marks too. Happens too often to be coincidental. It's usually when the defensive AI does its best to kick you in the bollocks.