The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

So talk radio in town is suggesting that Luongo is now offseason/draft trade bait and they're going with Schneider all the way forward.

That was BEFORE the game had even been played. I doubt Schneider's 38 saves will dissuade any of those people.

Still, crazy.

Guest mr. potato head

So talk radio in town is suggesting that Luongo is now offseason/draft trade bait and they're going with Schneider all the way forward.

That was BEFORE the game had even been played. I doubt Schneider's 38 saves will dissuade any of those people.

Still, crazy.

You don't need two first-class goalies. I'm not sure which should be gone, but trading one of them to shore up other weaknesses makes perfect sense.

Guest mr. potato head

Trade Luongo to Edmonton for Yakupov.

If that was a serious suggestion, it would take more than Yakupov. Actually, if that was a serious suggestion, it was a really bad one. For both teams.

If that was a serious suggestion, it would take more than Yakupov. Actually, if that was a serious suggestion, it was a really bad one. For both teams.

You've got it wrong. it would take more than Luongo.

Guest mr. potato head

That's putting way too much faith in Yakupov (who Vancouver doesn't need one bit, I might add) and not nearly enough in Luongo.

But let's put our differences aside and agree that this is awesome:

Q3Q1x.gif

• Like 1

Guest mr. potato head

Kitchener and London going to overtime even though we've been pretty well outplayed. I can safely say that John Gibson is the best goalie Kitchener's ever had. (Though that's not saying much since the other candidates are Wendell Young, Mike Torchia and about six weeks of Steve Mason.)

You've got it wrong. it would take more than Luongo.

There's word that the Oilers aren't taking Yakupov in favor of that defenseman anyways, but Luongo to Edmonton is a horrible idea for the Oilers given their rebuild.

Edited by EndOfAnEra

I doubt it. You don't take a Defenseman over Yakupov. If anything, you trade down and grab a real solid D-man and still keep a high pick. Or you trade for young, ready D-man, and then some.

Passing up on Yakupov is not happening unless they trade that pick. It's not like the top 5 could all be number 1 picks. Yakupov is far above them. If Galchenyuk played all season, you might have a harder time narrowing it down between the 2, but right now you have to take Yakupov, if you're holding the number 1 pick.

Grigo has a lot of raw talent, but I don't know if he can handle the NHL work ethic.