The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Personally, I'm hoping the Sens advance. I've got an invite to watch a few playoff games in the box seats, so the selfish prick in me wants the Sens to advance so that I can put this to use.

I went from watching Hockey to watching last nights UFC and it looks oddly similar. There have been some nasty grudges during these playoffs already and the first round isn't even half over. I can't wait to see what Game 4 of Pens/Philly brings and the next Ottawa/Rangers game.

Guest mr. potato head

There's still a chance Florida beats New Jersey, in which case New York gets the Flyers.

And Hewey, the Wings aren't looking much better than the Pens this round :P

I know, but Red Wings are my second team, so a guy can hope, right? Also, don't think Florida beats Jersey, but if they do, at least Philly will go home sooner.

And what's up with Vancouver? I thought we were gonna get them against the Pens in the finals, but they been playing just as badly.

Guest mr. potato head

And what's up with Vancouver? I thought we were gonna get them against the Pens in the finals, but they been playing just as badly.

My running theory is that it's actually Henrik hurt, but the trainer doesn't want the embarrassment of saying he got the wrong twin, so Daniel's been wearing Henrik's jersey and throwing off anyone used to his playing style.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind LA either, it's not a team I care about at all, but really, at this point I'll take anyone over the Flyers.

But I'm still hoping for the Wings in the West, even if it seems unlikely. But my official prediction for the cup finals is Rangers versus Blues.

Edited by Baby Hewey

Someone posted an image macro of Henrik Sedin captioned "circles the net three times, still can't find Daniel", which is both funny and sad. From what I've seen though it's less a case of Vancouver being bad per se as much as Vancouver just not being as good as they need to be. That, and Los Angeles as really good, and playing hungry.

LA is oh for six tonight on the powerplay, which says a lot about both teams and the way the series is being played.

If nothing else I hope this game proves to "the Luongo is our problem" camp that Vancouver wins and loses as a team, no matter who is in net.

Starting C-Schneids was just baffling. It hasn't been Luongo's fault. It reminds me of the Stanley Cup Finals last year - for all the stick I gave him, if it wasn't for Lou, they'd have lost that series 7-0.

from Arron Ashams wikipedia page..

Arron Asham (born April 13, 1978) is a Canadian unprofessional dirty ice hockey right winger who plays for the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League (NHL).

In the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs Asham played classless hockey and proved why he does not belong in the league.

There's arguements to be made for starting Schneider but they mostly revolve around hypotheticals and the management team keeping their jobs. Either way, Vancouver has been abuzz all series about the goaltending controversy that doesn't exist. Right now, the team has a very real goal scoring controversy.