The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Guest mr. potato head

TSN's mock draft has Forsberg going to the Leafs...still not convinced he'll slip that low, but he should be the guy they have in mind IMO.

Edited by mr. potato head

TSN's mock draft has Forsberg going to the Leafs...still not convinced he'll slip that low, but he should be the guy they have in mind IMO.

I would really like Forsberg. Pretty sure he does play some C (JESUS! He was born in 1994 :/), and has somewhat decent size.

If Grigs does fall to the 15-25 range, I hope Burke makes a trade to grab him too.

Breaking news: Hearing Jordan Staal turned down 10-yr mega offer from PIT. Has indicated to PIT he doesn't plan on signing extension now.

Holy crap. So, pretty sure he goes to Carolina to play with Eric. Carolina is going to have all the Staal's!

Guest mr. potato head

In less optimistic and more Leaftastic news, the Toronto Star suggests that the Leafs could take Hajjhowe's favourite prospect, but can't even get through the headline without admitting they don't actually know anything about him.

In less optimistic and more Leaftastic news, the Toronto Star suggests that the Leafs could take Hajjhowe's favourite prospect, but can't even get through the headline without admitting they don't actually know anything about him.

Awesome name. We should draft him just for that.

....fucking hell. I want the draft to be over so I can stop getting hopeful about prospects who won't play with the Leafs.

Guest mr. potato head

Still not sure which is weirder: The son of Ulf Samuelsson likely going in the first round this year, or the son of Popeye Jones potentially going first overall next year.

Still not sure which is weirder: The son of Ulf Samuelsson likely going in the first round this year, or the son of Popeye Jones potentially going first overall next year.

Isn't some kid named Mackinnon or something expected to go first overall?

Three Guesses which NHL Player tweeted this.

Bryz?

Edit: And now Reinhart sounds like an interesting person to draft...huge at 6'4! BAH. Burke, just announce who we are picking already :(

Guest mr. potato head

Isn't some kid named Mackinnon or something expected to go first overall?

TSN had Mackinnon and Jones on last night and said it would likely be between the two of them. I think Max Domi might surprise some people too, but he might not be quite on that level.

Lots of stuff already happening or being whispered about at the draft.

- Philly sends Bobrovsky to Columbus for picks.

- Ottawa is fully in on Rick Nash with Lehner and Zibanejad being discussed as movable prospects.

- RDS is reporting Montreal will look to take Teravainen at 3.

- Brian Burke is telling LeafsTV about the strong possibility that he'll choose a defenseman at 5 and not move in the order.

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah was just about to post about the Bobrovsky thing. Probably a good deal for all parties, though Steve Mason is certainly capable of turning into a good goalie yet.

I'd be taking anything GMs say about what they will do with a grain of salt for now. You never know what can come along. And if Burke actually does take a D-man with Forsberg still on the table, he's lost that little bit of goodwill I gave him back once I realized just how bone-dry a cupboard he inherited.

But....I want a forward! :crying:

Also, Rick Nash being in our division? I don't like that :/

I also heard that if Edmonton takes Murray first overall, Columbus might pass on Yakupov...who would then fall to Montreal :/

I'd be taking anything GMs say about what they will do with a grain of salt for now. You never know what can come along. And if Burke actually does take a D-man with Forsberg still on the table, he's lost that little bit of goodwill I gave him back once I realized just how bone-dry a cupboard he inherited.

Many grains taken, definitely. I suspect there's at least a couple things that will come out of nowhere this weekend just circumstantially. Seems like the Central Scouting book might be thrown out here as teams take what they feel they need the most.

- Philly sends Bobrovsky to Columbus for picks.

A deal I don't hate for Columbus. #45 looks like a good pick but it's got a pretty sketchy chance of panning out, and I'd say the chance of Bobrovsky keeping up his early-season form is higher than #45 turning into anything. And hey, Steve Mason could bounce back, right? Right?

- Ottawa is fully in on Rick Nash with Lehner and Zibanejad being discussed as movable prospects.

I'd fucking love that for Columbus. Fuck Lehner, with Bobrovsky he's not really necessary, but getting back Zibanejad+ (and whatever cap space they free up) for Nash after this debacle is a coup.

- RDS is reporting Montreal will look to take Teravainen at 3.

- Brian Burke is telling LeafsTV about the strong possibility that he'll choose a defenseman at 5 and not move in the order.

DO IT HABS. DON'T DO IT BURKE UNLESS IT'S MURRAY.