The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

I am amazed that I have no trouble watching the Marlies if I want, yet I've not been able to watch a single NHL game this year (paying for a premium channel that shows literally nothing else of interest and isn't even in HD does not count as an option).

The worst part is that ESPN America keep emailing me about their NHL coverage WHICH ISN'T EVEN FUCKING AVAILABLE IN THE UK. I DON'T LIVE IN MAINLAND EUROPE YOU TWATBAGS.

Vokoun is traded to the Pens for a 7th rounder, and then signs for $2 million a year for two years. Fuck. I wanted Vokoun on the Leafs. I want a vet goalie to backup Reimer for a year or so, because Scrivins is going to be close to ready for the NHL (I can dream, shut up). Now I'm worried we'll trade for Luongo, which will make us have to choose between Reimer and Scrivins to be our back up.

Also, Dallas Eakins signs a 3 year extension to remain the Marlies coach.

Marlies fall to 3-0 now. Little chance of winning the Calder now....dammit Frattin and Kadri, why'd you have to go an injure yourselves?!

But, apparently Scrivins was amazing tonight. Will be interesting to see what we do with our goalie situation this summer.

AHL performances can be deceiving. Players improve there mainly because they grow up and play big minutes. The numbers they put up, good or bad, sometimes do not translate.

Scrivens could be useful, but the Leafs need him to not play in the NHL next year. Reimer needs to take the next step, or a veteran needs to be brought in to share the workload.

Heard a rumour that Luongo might be available.

Seems to be a good option, especially because Luongo could steal games for them if needed. If the pressure and the media got to him in Vancouver, then perhaps Toronto would be an awful idea for Luongo. Another downfall here is the length of the contract, but you're still getting a very good goalie, who took a lot of the blame for his poor teams performance.

I`d do it if Toronto had any decent prospects. ._.