The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Guest mr. potato head

Hmm. Don't think we have any Dallas fans here, but Faksa's a good pick. Amazing improvement from October to April, if he keeps up at that pace he'll be very good in the NHL. Great goalscorer, good playmaker, great skater, and starting to pick up a more physical game. Worst case scenario, he's Robert Reichel.

Will need some time to develop though.

Edited by mr. potato head

Guest mr. potato head

Pierre McGuire is livid about this Buffalo/Calgary trade. If one of Ceci/Maatta/Finn is still available at 21, I think Pierre can be safely ignored.

Though I don't know any of them will still be on the board then.

And Buffalo continues their march toward becoming a Soviet outpost in upstate New York.

Guest mr. potato head

Ottawa takes Cody Ceci. Local pick yes, but easily worth a pick even a few slots earlier. Underrated because of there being so many good d-men this year. He'll make a good partner for Karlsson in a couple years.

Guest mr. potato head

I'm calling Washington grabbing Maata.

I thought the same, but they went with Tom Wilson. Guess it being the second pick allowed them to take a bit of a flier. Lots of upside here. Worst case, he's a great physical forward for a shutdown line, but he showed flashes of offence with Plymouth this year.

San Jose surely can't let Maatta go by. He's gonna look like a steal in a couple years' time.

Edited by mr. potato head

Guest mr. potato head

Not sure I buy into all the Subban hype. Depends how he develops. Can think of 6-7 OHL goalies offhand who were better than him last year, though admittedly they had a year or two on him.

Guest mr. potato head

Holy shit, Tanner Pearson to Los Angeles at #30. THIRD year Pearson was eligible for the draft. Very interesting pick by the Kings. Lots of upside, lots of risk.

Very surprised not to see Matt Finn go in the first round. He has to be one of the first few picks tomorrow, I'd think. Might never become a Norris winner, but he looks like he could be a very good NHL defenceman.

Other names to keep an eye out for tomorrow: Oscar Dansk (best goalie remaining, some say almost as good as Subban and Vasilevski), Martin Frk (good goal scorer, much like Pearson but two years younger), Colton Sissons (dependable but not flashy forward).

Plus a few Kitchener players who could get drafted - Marcantuoni, McEneny, Palazzese, Iafrate, Fanelli in some rough order - that will keep me interested.

Forsberg to Washington!

In what was originally the Avs pick. Can you imagine, the Avs drafting Forsberg?