The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

Eh, I would actually say season two is better than season three, which has some pacing issues. The Ba Sing Se arc is maybe the best storyarc in any animated series in the past ten years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad it is only a month away, but it is still a month away. The trailers have me excited, as does some scenes my friend showed me. Im going to have to do another run through of Last Airbender leading up to the premiere, even though I've watched it more times than I can remember.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, I'm always redirected to the Facebook page rather than the official site.

Did find another source for it though, so yaaaay!

Edit: I'm supposed to like Zuko-lite, aren't I? Something tells me he's gonna get on my nerves sooner rather than later.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

Really enjoyed the first two episodes. The whole Pro-Bending thing looks amazing (there is a video on the KorraNation site where someone goes into detail the rules of the whole thing; really great). Might be easy to say that I like Korra more than Aang. Toph is still #1 to me, though.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone still watching this?

I just finished episode 3 and I really want to punch Mako (Zukko-lite). The character annoys me to no end.

Also, Bo Lin (?) is Sokka plus 125 pounds. I should probably dislike that they are basically the same character, but I find him amusing in almost-Sokka-but-not-as-fun-but-still-enjoyable sort of way.

• 2 weeks later...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT MY CABBAGE CORP!!!!!!!!

Best moment of the entire series thusfar.

Also, best episode since the premiere.

Been LOVING the series. There is really no episode from Last Airbender or Korra thus far that I've disliked. I love the nods to the original series in Korra (especially 'Not my cabbage corp!'). Still holding out hope we see a Foamy Mouth Family.

Oh, and there is this. Includes a scene from this past Saturday's episode. http://infidi.tumblr.com/post/23362391899/hiroshi-satos-secret-tunnel

Edited by Vitamin E

• 3 weeks later...

Please tell me somebody else has still been keeping up with this. Today's episode was absolutely wonderful. I'll go ahead and toss my thoughts into some spoiler tags.

~As awesome as watching Tenzen bend has been, I still don't think we've scratched the ice with how ridiculous his air bending probably is.

~Milo is so entertaining. FART-BENDING!!!

~I won't be surprised if Asami turns on Team Avatar before the end of the season.

~Lin Bei Fong losing her bending damn near made me cry. Especially after her last display of how wonderfully powerful metal bending can be in an age such as this. It also makes me think that Korra will find a way to reverse taking somebodies bending away by the end of the show.

~General Iroh... Win. The first half of the finale is titled "Skeletons in the Closet" and from what I was reading before the show was even started, the episode is supposed to focus a lot on Zuko flashbacks and what happened to his mother.

That's about all I got for now.

This show has been phenomenal. Today's episode... so many emotions. One scene I was in awe of how awesome something was. The next I was laughing.

Those kids of Tenzin's are amazing. Hearing Jinora say, "leave my dad's ex-girlfriend alone," as she flew down and took out a guy was wonderful, as were Ikki and Meelo doing their thing. Fucking Meelo is such an amazing little kid.

I agree on what we've seen of Tenzin not being a fraction of what he's capable of.

Lin... When she looked back while on the air bison I just had a horrible feeling. Seeing her completely rip apart one air ship was just... even being Toph's kid, that is still pretty damn impressive. Her getting caught, though. I was really hoping she would get saved at the last second. Seeing Amon put his hands on her made me incredibly sad.

Then seeing the General at the very end. Didn't seem like anything special, but hearing that voice and that name...

I can't recall currently any other show that I've been so emotionally attached to and invested in, and I can't remember looking forward to a season finale as much as I am now and KNOW I won't be disappointed. I'm glad the finale next week is going to be an hour long, because having to wait two more weeks after today would be nearly unbearable.

And I have to say, Amon is an AMAZING villain. He is being built up as a genuine threat to damn near everyone, and they're making him unstoppable, especially after his little meet-up with Tarrlok last week. Probably don't need to since it aired a week ago, but I'll do it in case:

Seriously, Tarrlok is able to bloodbend the AVATAR without a full moon. He is able to bloodbend a son of the previous Avatar along with the daughter of Toph and other benders. The only effect it having on Amon is stopping him for a second is just crazy.

This show has been phenomenal. Today's episode... so many emotions. One scene I was in awe of how awesome something was. The next I was laughing.

Those kids of Tenzin's are amazing. Hearing Jinora say, "leave my dad's ex-girlfriend alone," as she flew down and took out a guy was wonderful, as were Ikki and Meelo doing their thing. Fucking Meelo is such an amazing little kid.

I agree on what we've seen of Tenzin not being a fraction of what he's capable of.

Lin... When she looked back while on the air bison I just had a horrible feeling. Seeing her completely rip apart one air ship was just... even being Toph's kid, that is still pretty damn impressive. Her getting caught, though. I was really hoping she would get saved at the last second. Seeing Amon put his hands on her made me incredibly sad.

Then seeing the General at the very end. Didn't seem like anything special, but hearing that voice and that name...

I can't recall currently any other show that I've been so emotionally attached to and invested in, and I can't remember looking forward to a season finale as much as I am now and KNOW I won't be disappointed. I'm glad the finale next week is going to be an hour long, because having to wait two more weeks after today would be nearly unbearable.

And I have to say, Amon is an AMAZING villain. He is being built up as a genuine threat to damn near everyone, and they're making him unstoppable, especially after his little meet-up with Tarrlok last week. Probably don't need to since it aired a week ago, but I'll do it in case:

Seriously, Tarrlok is able to bloodbend the AVATAR without a full moon. He is able to bloodbend a son of the previous Avatar along with the daughter of Toph and other benders. The only effect it having on Amon is stopping him for a second is just crazy.

I know!!!

The only thing I can really come up with why is that he has created some sort of Spirit Bending or something. I really, really hope Amon gets his own flashbacks episode to flesh him out some more because this guy is a serious badass.