Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Meanwhile, Imran Lachaab (still 15 and awesome) scores free kicks for fun and on top of his two last season (in two games) he has scored another two this season (alas one was in a friendly), in three appearances. Can't help but feel he's losing his ability already :shifty:.

That just means half my team will come back crocked from international duty. I'd rather not have the break!

As I've gotten further into my game, I've been looking at random players careers to see how they panned out. Just came across Patrick Van Aanholt and he's had an awesome journeyman career.

patrickvanaanholthistor.png

His two major honours? Johnstone's Paint Trophy 2014 and UEFA Champions League 2019! :lol:

Wow. I'm currently in the process of selling him from my Chelsea team, but he did awesomely at Schalke. High average rating and went to United for 18.75 million? Not too shabby at all. When I'm as far as you into a game I might look around too.

Yeah for him to develop though, you'll have to play him. The reason he did so well is because he got games at Twente.

Honestly, half the fun I'm having with this game at the moment is thinking of a player and looking him up to see how his career panned, out, it's quality!

Ashley Cole and Jack Robinson (and Ryan Bertrand) mean that such a thing is impossible, but if I'm ever Schalke I'll buy him >_>.

Has Messi moved? Ronaldo? I always end up checking out Barcelona to see how they've changed since they never seem to be the best team in the world on FM.

Messi played with Barcelona until 2022 and retired shortly after his 35th birthday, he's currently a pretty good coach but unemployed. I think I'll add him soon.

Ronaldo fell out of favour with Madrid in 2019 and they tried to sell him. Both Arsenal and I (Newcastle) had £14mil offers accepted but neither of us could agree terms with him so they let his contract expire. Nobody could afford his ludicrous wage demands then either so he retired aged 35 in 2020. He's currently a (shit) scout at Wigan of all places. :lol:

Guest mr. potato head

Sweepers are pretty useless, yeah. I had some luck in what I think was a Macclesfield game back when they were in L2 with Clive Delaney as a sweeper and some sort of 3-2-3-2 formation. Never been able to replicate it at higher levels because of lack of quality sweepers.

Edited by mr. potato head

How typical is it that just as soon as I've picked out winger/forward Matej Vydra as one of my favourites at Juve (HAIL VYDRA!), he goes and gets himself injured on international duty. :@

Really need to get someone better than Palacios in midfield though - shame the only good players my scouts are throwing up are strikers atm.