Football Manager 2012

Lineker

How the fuck can Leandro Damiao not get a work permit!

Transfer window is now shut meaning I've gotta play until January with the amazing strike force of Andy Carroll, Luis Suarez, Craig Bellamy and Yaya Sanogo. Carroll and Bellamy are wank, Suarez is playing shit, and Sanogo isn't quite good enough yet, and I play 4-3-3 :/

I managed to get 7.5m for Kuyt, which is pretty good since he's 32, but fuck.

You're playing 4-3-3 with four strikers who you don't believe are good enough? So three players in your team at any one time aren't up to your standard? :mellow:

I mainly had Suarez-Carroll-Kuyt last season which worked well most of the time, but Kuyt's gone and Carroll's being shit since the end of last season, and I was too picky about which striker to buy and left it until the end of August. This is the first time I've ever seen Damiao not get a work permit, so I thought I'd be fine with Suarez-Carroll-Damiao or whatever.

I'm pretty sure Benji is telling you to change your formation.

• Like 1

Aston Villa offered to sell me Jack Robinson......for £35 million.

Apparently my purchase of him for £7m (?) as a 21 year old has given them the indication that I'd love to spend five times as much on him five years later. Obviously I said no.

To be honest I can't imagine spending that much on a full-back in any circumstances. There's only so much that any player in that position can do to improve your team's performance.

Naturally, Manchester City paid the full price for him. :shifty:

How the fuck can Leandro Damiao not get a work permit!

Transfer window is now shut meaning I've gotta play until January with the amazing strike force of Andy Carroll, Luis Suarez, Craig Bellamy and Yaya Sanogo. Carroll and Bellamy are wank, Suarez is playing shit, and Sanogo isn't quite good enough yet, and I play 4-3-3 :/

I managed to get 7.5m for Kuyt, which is pretty good since he's 32, but fuck.

You're playing 4-3-3 with four strikers who you don't believe are good enough? So three players in your team at any one time aren't up to your standard? :mellow:

I mainly had Suarez-Carroll-Kuyt last season which worked well most of the time, but Kuyt's gone and Carroll's being shit since the end of last season, and I was too picky about which striker to buy and left it until the end of August. This is the first time I've ever seen Damiao not get a work permit, so I thought I'd be fine with Suarez-Carroll-Damiao or whatever.

I'm pretty sure Benji is telling you to change your formation.

No chance, it's going too well. About 40 games unbeaten in the league.

Managed to get Damiao now in October when he's played no more international games so no idea why it wouldn't let me have him in the first place.

Heh, I change my formation all the time (4-6-0 is too much fun). It's all about a formation that suits your players more than trying to rigidly stick to a formation that isn't benefiting your team.

And, to be fair, have you re-read your first post if you don't want advice :P? Complain about strikers + don't want to feature less strikers = syntax error.

• Like 1

Out of both cups while Connor Clifford is suspended. He comes back against Athlone and were 4-1 up before half time.

First transfer out: Derek Riordan, jerk face.

Next Transfer in: Rivaldo.

Carlos Tevez gets his 26th goal of the season running the entire pitch to score against Limerick in the 25th game of the First Division season.

And now he has 27.

Edit: he now has 31 league goals. The guy in second place has 16.

Morton are in the SPL next year! :D

But now I have the more important game ahead of me. Semis of the Scottish Cup against the hated St Mirren, winner plays Celtic (and earns a Europa League place).

And I can't play until after work :@

If we beat Finn Harps by three goals we will hit 100 goals for the season in the league. Have only let in 17.

If Tevez scores one last goal he'll finished on 40 for the season in 31 games.

Drew 2-2, we have 99 goals, Tevez has 40. Two games left!

He would have but he has the odd game where really can't be bothered.

I've no chance of making him a player full time. But Simon Cox has agreed to come in. Also I have most of Rangers scouts now it seems.

Also Robbie Brady is great.

56 games unbeaten in the league. I just lost 1-0 to Man City away on 16/2/13, and my last loss in the league was away to Man City on 2/10/11! I'm happy with the run, but fuck Man City!

Broke the record too.

My teams looking pretty awesome now aswell.

Any trio of Luis Suarez, Leandro Damiao, Bellamy, Sanogo, Carroll and this awesome American regen upfront. Bellamy's always either injured or sent off, and he's gone at the end of the season. I'll probably loan Sanogo out and try and sell Carroll too if I can get good money for him.

Any three of Christian Eriksen, Younes Belhanda, Gerrard, Lucas Leiva, Romulo, Henderson and Shelvey in the middle. Got Adam and Downing out on loan too, but trying to sell them asap.

Enrique/Robinson at LB

Skrtel/Coates/Vertonghen/Wilson/Carragher at CB. Carragher's leaving thank god, and I'll probably sell Skrtel too since he's 28 and declining.

Johnson/Montoya at RB

And of course Reina in goal with whoever I can get on a free and sell later for profit as back-up! This season it was Fabianski who I've sold for 3m, and next season I'm getting Ospina.

Much better than last season.

My off season signings;

Simon Cox

Sean Dillion

David Bentley

Steven Reid

Juan Pablo Angel

Enda Stevens (loan)

Darren O'Dea

Anthony Forde

I'm regretting giving Fowler and Rivaldo long contracts. Well, they're both in the last year of their deals but I don't really want Fowler anymore.

First friendly a 4-2 win over St Pats.

My off season signings;

Simon Cox

Sean Dillion

David Bentley

Steven Reid

Juan Pablo Angel

Enda Stevens (loan)

Darren O'Dea

Anthony Forde

I'm regretting giving Fowler and Rivaldo long contracts. Well, they're both in the last year of their deals but I don't really want Fowler anymore.

First friendly a 4-2 win over St Pats.

BLASPHEMY!!! How can you not want God?!?!?!?!

SCOTTISH CUP FINAL! w00t.gif

Went 2-0 down to St. Mirren at half time, so I just tore them a new one, and it worked! 2-2 at full time, and then glorious Andy Jackson with the winner.

Bad news is Aaron Doran is out for 3-4 months now sad.gif (I have him for one more year on loan though which is good)