NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

So after watching game one, I'm almost tempted to say Spurs will sweep the Thunder. 13 or 14 first half turnovers only yield a nine point lead? Doesn't seem bright for the Thunder.

If the Thunder steal Game 5, the Spurs may just end up losing four straight after winning 20 in a row.

Thunder looked weird today, almost like none of the players wanted to step up and take control of the game. Having said that it's entirely possible that they are so focussed on trying to contain Duncan, Parker, Ginobili etc that they aren't that focussed on offence. The whole team were often caught coming up the court behind Westbrook. They look tired, which is silly given they are the youngest team still in the playoffs. I think at the moment Boston and Miami would run them off the court. It's not even that they are setting up half court sets, they seem to be forced into them because they are slow in transitioning.

Having said that I blame SA, I don't think I have ever seen a SA game I have enjoyed.

Thunder looked weird today, almost like none of the players wanted to step up and take control of the game. Having said that it's entirely possible that they are so focussed on trying to contain Duncan, Parker, Ginobili etc that they aren't that focussed on offence. The whole team were often caught coming up the court behind Westbrook. They look tired, which is silly given they are the youngest team still in the playoffs. I think at the moment Boston and Miami would run them off the court. It's not even that they are setting up half court sets, they seem to be forced into them because they are slow in transitioning.

Having said that I blame SA, I don't think I have ever seen a SA game I have enjoyed.

Durant was in control of that game from the tip. He kept his teammates involved throughout and then Dirked them in the fourth quarter to the tune of 16 straight.

San Antonio play beautiful basketball. They have two awesome passers and a big who controls the paint like nobody else. The Spurs / Thunder series is freaking entertaining, IMO, every second is easily watchable. The Thunder are, of course, great to watch too, though, so to me I'm so entertained by the Western Conference finals. The Eastern one is boring me to sleep, though.

The Spurs are the best European team in American history. Lot of fun to watch them play.

They were boring, but they also had boring opponents in their Finals matchups (New Jersey, Detroit, and then they dismantled Cleveland). They reinvented themselves over the last few years though as Parker has gotten better and better. It's a system you don't see anywhere else in the league right now.

The Spurs are the best European team in American history. Lot of fun to watch them play.

They were boring, but they also had boring opponents in their Finals matchups (New Jersey, Detroit, and then they dismantled Cleveland). They reinvented themselves over the last few years though as Parker has gotten better and better. It's a system you don't see anywhere else in the league right now.

It help's that San Antonio is the best coached team in basketball. Greg Popovich is possibly the best coach in the NBA right now with only Doc Rivers, Doug Collins and Thibbs being anywhere near close(yet so far away.) Both Conference Finals for me have been pretty entertaining. I might say the Eastern Conference is more so only based on the fact that 2 of my favorite players(James and Wade) have been playing lights out lately with the exception of Wade's Game 3 performance. I look forward to seeing who reaches the NBA Finals. I hope to see Miami-OKC but a Heat-Spurs Finals wouldn't be bad.

Edited by AxillaryDeezy

I have a hard time believing Thibbs in even in the same conversation with Doc when he just lost the the Sixers in six, even without Rose. He's a great defensive coach, but the Bulls looked lost offensively without Rose.