Mayweather/Ortiz

sahyder1

Mayweather is pathetic. Was it a legal finish? yes. Was it a cheap shot? Absolutely. Referee is probably to blame there but Mayweather is a clown.

I wanted to see him lose because I agree with whoever it was that wrote on Grantland that Mayweather will duck Pacquiao until he undefeated.

I can't believe people still pay money for boxing.

Edited by sahyder1

Mayweather is pathetic. Was it a legal finish? yes. Was it a cheap shot? Absolutely. Referee is probably to blame there but Mayweather is a clown.

I wanted to see him lose because I agree with whoever it was that wrote on Grantland that Mayweather will duck Pacquiao until he undefeated.

I can't believe people still pay money for boxing.

Cortez called the break and could have communicated it better. I want Pacquiao so badly to beat the hell out of Mayweather.

Lesson #1 in boxing: Protect yourself at all times.

That shot was less pathetic than the headbutt, when Ortiz said he was trying to jump on him and Floyd got to him really fast? THAT was a pathetic bullshit excuse as he was speaking the replay clearly showed that was not the case.

Shut the fuck up, pack your bags and leave this fucking place.

• Like 2

Lesson #1 in boxing: Protect yourself at all times.

That shot was less pathetic than the headbutt, when Ortiz said he was trying to jump on him and Floyd got to him really fast? THAT was a pathetic bullshit excuse as he was speaking the replay clearly showed that was not the case.

I can't wait for how many times I'm going to hear "protect yourself at all times" in the next week. Rematch should have some heat on it. The miscommunication is on Cortez who's a good ref but didn't come between them and clearly order "box!" in a very loud room after the rightful deduction. Ortiz is looking at him, waiting for his signal to start again when he gets caught with the hook and staggered. Mayweather was within the rules of course - he was watching Cortez intently but he also knew he was throwing a sucker punch on a guy who wasn't looking.

Headbutts in boxing are a thing, I can't tell you how many fights I watch a year that have a guy lead with the head and either lose a point or sometimes not. Because they happen so often in all kinds of scenarios, it's hard to speculate on intention. Frankly, it would have been stupid for Ortiz to try and open a big cut with his head in the fourth round that couldn't be closed because he'd have lost on the cards. I don't see it as a strategic thing. It's funny, Ortiz makes a youthful mistake by being too sincere and apologetic and Mayweather capitalizes with a sly veteran move that he knows is just within the rules. Instincts win the fight.

Put Mayweather/Pacquiao on the backburner, I think the people want Mayweather/Merchant next. That was the most embarrassing display of the entire night, certainly.

Mayweather made a veteran move and also a move of a man from the streets. If you watch Floyd's reaction after Ortiz headbutted him he looked plenty pissed about it. The whole time Victor was apologizing you could tell Floyd didn't want any part of it, seemed like he felt disrespected by the shot. He stayed within the rules and hit Ortiz with a punishment shot. In essence Ortiz got son'd

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6VmYVI7liwE/TnVxd6msalI/AAAAAAAAE74/SZT6xCZPZeI/s1600/8.gif

Two good angles of what happened. Ortiz gets too chummy, Cortez is talking to the judge's table or someone at ringside instead of watching the action he just restarted and so Ortiz is looking at him. Mayweather picks up on all this in about half a second and loads up.

I see nothing wrong with what Mayweather did, you're not out there in a gentleman's game with unwritten rules. Pay attention at all times, end of story.

Controversy aside can we finally get the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight? These guys aren't getting any younger and I think we've been saying it's the next logical fight for both of them for 4 or 5 years now.

Call me when Pacquiao fights someone before Floyd does.

Marquez? Morales? Cotto? Clottey? Even though he's disgraced now, Margarito a few years ago was a guy that Mayweather didn't want. All these guys have/would have met Mayweather at his chosen weight for the money but it ended up with Pacquiao taking them all on first.

Floyd's the one who keeps stacking the conditions, he's the one who retired instead of pursuing a Pacquiao fight. There's nobody left for him to really fight besides Pacquiao, so he ends up on PPV with a guy like Ortiz who's not at that level. To me it's simple: Floyd is the guy who has the '0' to lose and that's his whole rep right there. He wouldn't be shot as a draw but a loss would hurt him badly with the public. Pacquiao's been beaten before, has come back from it and his rep is made by being the guy who climbed the weights and collected belts, not on his record. When you think of it that way, it seems clear what side has been throwing the brakes on this for years.