The Angle creation Thread

=BK=

This is an idea I had the other night while making a couple angles for use in my game. I figured since there are so many official help threads in the EWR section that get used that this would be a help here. The idea is if you have an angle you want to create(In any TEW game) and you can't figure out the best way to create that within the game confines then you can post it here and maybe get some help from someone.

And please, no "Kurt Angle created wrestling" jokes. Keep it in The Ring

Edited by Kirkland

There is a MITB cash in angle already in the modern updates for TEW05.

Guest SuperPowerSlam

Are you sure you guys are not talking about writing story lines and writing plots for story lines ? Because I can find no evidence that a player can create his own angles on TEW2005.

Not help for a specific angle but I need to know something. What is the difference between a target and a catalyst when creating an angle? For example, if I want to make an angle where Sin Cara comes onto the stage and points to someone in the ring after that person just had a match. Who would be what? Or an angle where two authority figures argue backstage.

Edited by Kirkland

Not help for a specific angle but I need to know something. What is the difference between a target and a catalyst when creating an angle? For example, if I want to make an angle where Sin Cara comes onto the stage and points to someone in the ring after that person just had a match. Who would be what? Or an angle where two authority figures argue backstage.

In the first example, the target is the person being pointed at by Sin Cara, who would be the catalyst.

In the second, the first authority figure shown would be the target, while the second would be the catalyst.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How about a post match handshake where the winner shakes the hand of the loser?

• 1 month later...

So I'm still having trouble grasping the differences in the roles. Right now I'm creating an angle where Mark Callous(iDom Taker) attacks Chris Jericho and Mr.Kennedy after a match. Now I know Kennedy and Jericho would be targets since they are getting attacked, Jericho as major since he's the main focus and Kennedy as minor since he's just there and gets hit. But what would Callous be? Would he be the major Subject or major Catalyst? What's the difference?

Um, bump? I'd like some clarification on this today so I can play my game sometime today.

Major catalyst. Kennedy and Jericho would be targets/subjects as often you can use those two roles interchangeably without penalty. In the help file you can see a detailed account of all the roles. Look through the help folder, its full of useful information that will make playing the game a lot easier.

Angle Roles

Catalyst - This is the person who is the driving force behind the angle, so it could be an attacker, an investigator, etc.

Target - This is the person who is the target for physical assault, questions, or something else aimed at them.

Subject - This is the person who is being talked about, plotted against, etc.

Support - This is a supporting character, whose role isn't central to the angle. This could be an ally of one of the main characters, an authority figure who needs to set up a match being requested, etc.

All the angle roles can either be Major or Minor. If they are only a minor role, their rating only effects the overall rating in a very small way, as they are only in the "background" of the angle.

• Like 1

Ah, didn't realize there was a help thing. I was looking at online FAQ's. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Need a bit of help recreating this segment. What would the lawyer be?