Euro 2004

pigeon

Rooney went for the ball and in football you know your gonna get hurt when you go in for balls that are not 100% certain to get, the goalkeeper saw Rooney coming and if he didn't wanna get kicked he should have stayed out of the tackle but he wanted the ball just as much as Rooney did and put his body on the line for his country, that's what players do and if you end up hurt it's the name of the game.

England v France a boring game? were you watching the same match i was because the match was IMO the best match in the tournament so far, France had to chase the game and we defended brilliantly and even if the ending went against us the game was still more interesting then any other matches in the tournament thus far.

The differenc betwen me not linking France vs england and you liking it is that i was wanting to see a good football game, you are a fan and therfore emotionaly involved wich causes you to be more scarred/exited and so on if something happens, but that purly comes out of you being a fan of on team and not out of a qualety ballgame (wich there just wassent at all)

I would have liked to see you crying if Stiel would have missed the ball but had pulled down roonie, that it would have been fully ok for roony not to pull back and DARE the ref to not give a penalty in that situation, but if the oponent of your fafurit team is hit to the head it´s all his fault, that asshole tried to defent his goal, BASTARD. - He dident hit the ball - he hit the player instead, in brutall manner wich could have been carrere ending in a worst case scenario - there is nmo other decision posible than a red card. End of story, read the rules.

NO IVAN FOR MICHAEL *cry* someone kill croatias coach :(((((

Edited by Michael Matzat

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigDirty

Rooney went for the ball and in football you know your gonna get hurt when you go in for balls that are not 100% certain to get, the goalkeeper saw Rooney coming and if he didn't wanna get kicked he should have stayed out of the tackle but he wanted the ball just as much as Rooney did and put his body on the line for his country, that's what players do and if you end up hurt it's the name of the game.

Rooney went brutal into the keeper when he already had the ball, there was no need for that.

England v France a boring game? were you watching the same match i was because the match was IMO the best match in the tournament so far, France had to chase the game and we defended brilliantly and even if the ending went against us the game was still more interesting then any other matches in the tournament thus far.

Yes you thought it was good because you are an England fan. I've asked german, austrian, swiss, turkish, greek, croatian and serbian people and they all thought like me, it was boring except three minutes. Not the worst game but certainly not the best either.

Guest Red Devil

The difference betwen me not linking France vs england and you liking it is that i was wanting to see a good football game, you are a fan and therfore emotionaly involved wich causes you to be more scarred/exited and so on if something happens, but that purly comes out of you being a fan of on team and not out of a qualety ballgame (wich there just wassent at all)

I would have liked to see you crying if Stiel would have missed the ball but had pulled down roonie, that it would have been fully ok for roony not to pull back and DARE the ref to not give a penalty in that situation, but if the oponent of your fafurit team is hit to the head it´s all his fault, that asshole tried to defent his goal, BASTARD. - He dident hit the ball - he hit the player instead, in brutall manner wich could have been carrere ending in a worst case scenario - there is nmo other decision posible than a red card. End of story, read the rules.

NO IVAN FOR MICHAEL *cry* someone kill croatias coach :(((((

I agree with you on the England/France match, me being an England fan probably did make the match a lot better for me so i don't know how it felt watching as a fan in the middle.

I'm not disputing the fact that the keeper needs to go for it and it was a hard knock to take but just as the Keeper has to go for it Rooney really has to go for it because he see's an opportunity to score and as a natural striker goes to take it, Rooney probably deserved a card for missing the ball but the ref saw that it wasn't a malicious tackle so he let that one go.

I agree with you on the England/France match, me being an England fan probably did make the match a lot better for me so i don't know how it felt watching as a fan in the middle.

I'm not disputing the fact that the keeper needs to go for it and it was a hard knock to take but just as the Keeper has to go for it Rooney really has to go for it because he see's an opportunity to score and as a natural striker goes to take it, Rooney probably deserved a card for missing the ball but the ref saw that it wasn't a malicious tackle so he let that one go.

no idea how it´s propperly called in english but you know about the "fully streched leg" rule and that it forces a red card if it dossent hit the ball right ? The reason that you don´t get in with a fully streched leg in such situations is that the leg if it issent fully streched gives in by the knee wich makes the liklyness of an injury a lot less lower, he had a fully streched leg, therfore it was very dangeruse, he did not hit the ball and he hit the openent. Red card, by the rule book, end of story.

Not ever, of this tournament, untill now - even if i could remind you of england laking the abilety of winning annything (wich dios not mean worst team ever)

You then contradicted yourself by saying that the likes of Bulgaria seem to be worse.

based on bad refering, FAKT.

What did the referee have to do with the price of fish? Saying Rooney should have been sent off is just naive, by that logic they should've had 2 more players sent off. He had a 50/50 chance of getting the ball, and went for it.

And also, the referee gave just as many wrong decisions in their favour as well. In the first half when Haas tripped over his own foot he gave a free kick, which they nearly scored from. FACT.

they won purly based on two matchdesiding horrible reffere desicions, and if the openent would have been a higer calliber than Switzerland it would have even looked worss than it did.

And they were? Like I said, he made no decision that affected our build-up to the goals.

I am having points, and you hide behind the result ignoring everything that happent. I don´t have to repead what i stated several times about who shot the goals and so on....

You use this piss-poor little argument every time you're arguing with someone. You have nothing to back yourself up except for personal opinion, and whenever you're proved wrong you resort to 'I am making points, you're just ignoring them.' POT. KETTLE. BLACK.

Edited by Agent_Sm1th

Guest Red Devil

no idea how it´s propperly called in english but you know about the "fully streched leg" rule and that it forces a red card if it dossent hit the ball right ? The reason that you don´t get in with a fully streched leg in such situations is that the leg if it issent fully streched gives in by the knee wich makes the liklyness of an injury a lot less lower, he had a fully streched leg, therfore it was very dangeruse, he did not hit the ball and he hit the openent. Red card, by the rule book, end of story.

To my knowledge there is no such rule. The closest to that is a high foot and if Rooney was going for a high ball with a high foot and took the keeper out it would be a different situation but the fall was rolling on the ground and there was an opportunity to hit it and that's what Rooney went for.

I am refering to kobys comments on the english fans and keeping me shut now (about england) untill i am giving my comments to the next game and laughing at you from time after time. - There is no need to repeaed my points over and over again vs. fanboys that wont give in annyway.

Guest BigDirty

@Agent Sm1th:

I said that Bulgaria seems worse not Matzat and Rooney didn't have 50/50 chance more like 15/85.

@Diego:

Oh my god you don't even know that there is such a rule? Well, as an active player let me tell you there is such a rule 100%.

Edited by BigDirty

Guest Red Devil

@Agent Sm1th:

I said that Bulgaria seems worse not Matzat and Rooney didn't have 50/50 chance more like 15/85.

@Diego:

Oh my god you don't even know that there is such a rule? Well, as an active player let me tell you there is such a rule 100%.

I'm not arguing there isn't a rule, I'm just saying that if there is one it isn't used a lot in England.

I'll stop arguing now because it's getting boring and coming down to opinions which will never be resolved.

To my knowledge there is no such rule.

I'm not arguing there isn't a rule, I'm just saying that if there is one it isn't used a lot in England.

remember wen i posted that i´ll ocasionaly will laugh about you guys, thats starting now, LMAO

---

I am a bit disapointed by france, they play something that is nice to look at again but they rarly even try to strike.

Edited by Michael Matzat

We played more like Enfield than England.

Seriously, there were only four players out there that actually gave a shit; Lampard and Gerrard like always, Rooney like always, and Darius Vassell, who really should be starting every game.

Owen played like a fucking toddler, David James played like David James, and the defence were half asleep.

It seems that we only play well against good opponents.

Watching Zidane rip Croatia apart is always fun though ;) They just aren't trying at the moment..if everyone was like him, Football would rock. He NEVER goes down without a fight (unlike some other people michaelowencough), and he's just..God. Even at like..38 or however old he is, he's still better than anyone any other country has.

Edited by TheReilDeal

still no changes for croatia, that coach is fucking insane, i want to see the killer, NOW *cry*

PENALTY !!! Could be given i guss :/ he was diving a big bit but it was just silly to get him from behind like that in this situation

1-1

nice, good for the game (and my prediction, hehe)

--

2-1 CROATIA

WTF

AWSOME GOAL

Edited by Michael Matzat

Silvestre concedes yet another penalty. And Croatia actually takes the lead through Prso.

Has the luck of the French just run out? :huh:

EDIT:

AWSOME GOAL

If you meant watching Desailly attempting a comical clearance by kicking at air and then watching Prso score with his left foot, then yes, it was truely awesome. :D

Edited by G-O-D

Oh well, 2-2.

I hope we don't get Greece in the next round - they are doing some serious giant killing. I'd prefer Portugal or Spain to be honest. Greece are showing no fear - if it wasn't for Beckham we would never have drawn with them back in 2002.

Although it was far from a vintage performance from England, I'm pleased with the result. Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard impressed me and hopefully we can work up the gears as we progress. I felt the referee did a bad job, he may have missed a penalty - but could have fucked us over with that stupid free kick decision. He flat out sucked, IMO.