Euro 2004

pigeon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beckham definately scuffed at the ground around the sametime he hit the ball, which really fucked him up. Although, he did seem way to close to the ball as he approached, but he always does get close for his penalties. The spot was terrible though, every other player except Beckham had a chance to sort it out, poor guy.

Well, let's just say this, Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell were the best players on the pitch, and Cole really showed the world that Ronaldo is an *average* player at best. No matter what the stupid cocky twat did, Cole stopped him.

The goal was a goal. Anyone saying otherwise is a bloody prick. There was FUCK ALL wrong with it. Let's have a look at the incident shall we?

- Beckham swings in the free kick, Owne heads it goalwards

- the ball hits the crossbar with the 'keeper jumping up in an attempt to save it

- the ball comes back out and AS THE KEEPER IS ON THE BACK FOOT, he cannot get back up to it

- the ball comes towards Campbell, he jumps with the help of Terry (who's eyes STAY ON THE BALL THROUGHOUT) to head it into the net

Now the 'keeper had no chance with it because of the fact he just landed and because of the way he was standing. Believe me, I know that after playing in goal a hell of a lot.

The was comments were unnecessary, but Matzat has just proved to me that he is a twat. No there probably isn't a conspiracy against us, however the referee was as blind as a bat for A LOT of the decisions today. Ronaldo was diving all over the place and they were getting free kicks for non-fouls. We were robbed...end of discussion.

England had a bad decision against them, end of story as far as I'm concerned. If Portugal had a cutting edge, it would have been over before that, but this is of no consequence. I'm still backing the Czech Republic to win it. :)

Edited by Spee

I'm not a football fan, but the England/Portual game was absolutely amazing.

The only problem is that Jersey has a huge Portuguese population, and the result will only serve to increase the already ridiculously high levels of racism towards them.

That said, I was walking home literally minutes after the end of the game and there were Portuguese people literally dancing and partying in the streets, and if anything can make people that happy on such a wide scale then that makes me happy. Fuck nationality, fuck football, just be happy for them.