Survivor: One World

GoGo Yubari

Nobody but me is happy right now, but I'm happy. It would have been an amazing move if Troy's gambit had played off, though.

Also, Alicia, just... wow. I hope she's got a fallback career after tonight.

Bahaha, I love how the Survivor editors were totally looking at our thread.

"Wait, wait, wait. People think Christina is a good player. OK, let's remedy that situation with Wednesday episode..."

EDIT: And I'm kinda happy Troy went. I think he was a good player, interesting character and lots of potential, he just got stuck with some of the dumbest men that Survivor has seen. But him being gone after this week's challenges is perfect. The game is shaken up and a handful of players are not so secure with their place. I am hoping Kat takes the reigns and takes Sabrina out next.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

I like how Kat doesn't want to be looked as a follower, but yet continued to follow. She had a chance to make a move and she didn't, it'll probably cost her in the long run.

Plus Christina HAS to be the worst Survivor player ever. EVER. The fact that Sabrina told Christina that they were throwing her votes to "get rid of the idol" was dumb in it's own part, but Christina just agreeing with it was even dumber. Did she not know if Troy had the idol she was going home? Hopefully next season makes up for this one. (N)

In Kat's defense, making a move on an even number is really difficult because it there is a threat of a tie and purple rocks. A tie is not a desired outcome when you are trying to blind side/take power in the game. If you wait till 7, she's just has to convince three other players to vote with her. With Christina and Tarzan probably feeling on the outs, she has a much better chance of flipping the game now than she did before.

If Kat gets Christina and Tarzan to flip, that's only three votes. I don't see them breaking Kim, Chelsea, Sabrina, and Alicia. Alicia is not going to side with Christian, Chelsea is not going to side with Tarzan, and I don't see Sabrina flipping either because if she wanted to she would've. It's not like she wasn't around during the discussion where Christina admitted that she would flip (which she did... by herself).

Kat would have a much harder time convincing 2 other people along with her and Troyzan to flip, force a tie, and draw rocks at 8 than she would convincing one other person to flip at 7 to vote with Tarzan/Christina with no threat of elimination for that player. In addition, Tarzan, Christina and Alicia, who are the "floaters", are probably going to be more likely to flip now that the biggest threat remaining, Troyzan, is eliminated.

I'm a little confused because there wouldn't have been a tie, unless I'm completely forgetting someone (which could be a possibility with this season being pretty bland). Christina voted for Chelsea (thinking Troy would also go along with her), Troyzan and if I'm not mistaken Tarzan and Alicia(?) voted for Christina, and the remaining four voted for Troyzan.

So if Kat did flip, it would've been 4-3-1 with Christina going. Maybe Troyzan didn't communicate that with her, but Christina would've been sent home.

Unless you're talking about the week after Christina is out, then yes it would be 4-3 against them with only Troy and Tarzan being on her side with Alicia, Chelsea, Sabrina, and Kim being on the other.

Oh no, you are right in that scenario, my head was in the clouds.

Had Troyzan talked to Kat to flip given how the votes were falling, it would have been easier, but would have put Kat in an even worse position. Alicia still remains the swing vote at 7 (like she would be now that Troyzan is voted off) - the question becomes who would Alicia be more likely to join in a voting bloc - Troyzan, the perceived threat to win the game, or Christina, the all-around non-threat/floater? And would Alicia join up with Kat after Kat pulled a fast one and voted against Alicia to keep Troy around?

That was a fantastic episode and also I'm out of people to root for.

Kat will get an All-Stars return appearance someday. She's complex, likable, has an interesting hook to come back, and is on a season where there are basically no other obvious options.

EDIT: Like, seriously, though. I hope this episode stops all the "IT'S GOING TO BE SO BORING WITH TROY GONE" stuff. No, it's not. This was so much better than any episode with him in it.

Yeah that was great. Kat was complex and interesting. It's funny how it appears neither Sabrina nor Kat knew about their potential impending eliminations. With 6 left, it's fun thinking about who Kim is going to bring along to the finals. I thought Kat was one of the better people to drag to the end. Sabrina is smart, well-spoken and knows how to be diplomatic. From the editing, Kat holds none of those traits and would be a huge liability to herself in a jury situation.

Basically, the situation is interesting because on paper it's actually a 50/50 split between two groups; Alicia/Christina/Tarzan and Kim/Chelsea/Sabrina. The big question mark is who goes home next. Sabrina might actually have bought herself a week by sheer virtue of the fact that she's not going to turn on Kim and Kim had to sacrifice her best pawn in Kat last night. But Kim's optimal F3 right now is either a combination of the other group or maybe Chelsea + goat if she wants to not risk too much backstab backlash, and the exit interviews have made Chelsea sound like she didn't actually get on particularly well with much of the guys who got booted.

I mean, at this point it would take either Kim losing immunity and not playing the Idol or two successive Immunity failures for her to lose the game now, and the only player left who might make a move against her is Alicia. Sabrina and Chelsea are boringly loyal, twin Grants to Kim's Boston Rob, Tarzan is just goating his way to final three, and Christina has absolutely no clue where she is.

This is why I love Survivor so much. Tarzan and Christina were going to be out for a while, but now all of a sudden it's so close to the end it makes more sense to just bring them to the end 'cause they'll get no votes. The other girls really need to wake up because Kim is dominating this season and it's so clear to see; wins lots of challenges, and is clearly the leader of the group from a strategic standpoint. Alicia, Sabrina and Chelsea would be stupid not to try and get her out, if she makes it it's over, she wins hands down. This episode also made me like Tarzan more, I had to fight the tears when his wife came out. He was less crazy, and more caring. They teased him changing the game a bit next week but I doubt it. He'll be pulling a Philip and annoy the shit out of everyone to keep him.

I think in Survivor, it's REALLY hard to tell who a goat is before the final 4-5. Natalie, Bob and Fabio were people who could have conceivably been seen as goats and they won with stellar performances near the end. I think that's why Kim might have gone along and voted for Kat in the end. If Kat got an immunity run, I don't doubt for a second that she'd pull a Fabio and probably end up winning against Kim. Tarzan I think is a huge risk to take to the finals. There are 5 guys sitting on the jury and Tarzan lived with these guys longer than the girls. Stubborn alliances voted out in succession have been known to vote along party lines and ensure their tribe wins, aka Gabon.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

Season over.

I mean, just.. I immediately switched off after minute twenty or so when I realized that Alicia was going to drop the ball. Congratulations to Kim, probably one of the best strategic players in Survivor history and officially the female Brian Heidik without the creepy puppy-killing.

Good bye Tarzan. What a freaking nut job.

Alicia screwed the pooch there. The girl had the chance to situate herself to win the game and she decided to trust Kim. Alicia, Christina and Tarzan final 3 and Alicia wins. Instead she took out the guy who wore panties on his head and was the laughing stock of the game.

Yeah, I was talking to Pleather last week and saying Alicia is the only player left with the ability to enact change. The moment the phrase "Tarzaned" came up I seriously groaned out loud and facepalmed because I realized that she was going to fuck up.

I am super-excited to listen to the Tarzan post-game interviews in the light of last night and the stuff I've read he's said.

Yeah. Tarzan seems like a weird, fascinating, potentially brilliant guy. He seems so self-aware that he is a nut bar but doesn't really seem to care enough to curtail his behavior as not to make others feel uncomfortable. I'm not sure if he'd actually win jury votes if he made it to the end or if people hardcore hated him.