EWB Fantasy Baseball

sahyder1

Ok MPH....you're on the clock. I randomized the order using random.org As always you have 24 hours to make a pick. As soon the 24 hours are up next team can slide up and make a pick but you're free to jump back in when you show up (like it works with the actual NFL draft). So if MPH doesn't make a pick in 24 hours, Berober can jump in and make his and MPH is free to slide in and make his pick 2nd overall as long as the next team in line hasn't done so. Stay on top of it. If you'll be away send me or anyone else here a list. If you're sending a list to someone else please let me know first. Good luck to all. The roster sizes and draft requirements can be found in the league settings. What kind of waiver rules do we want to play with? The traditional waiver priority order or the auction method they introduced a couple of years ago? In the auction system which I prefer any player on waiver goes into a blind auction. Anyone who wants to bid can do so and highest bid wins. Typically you start with a budget of 100 points for the season. How you choose to spend that is up to you. Once you us up all your bidding points you can only pick up players once they clear waivers.

Angels in 2K12 - sahyder1

4 Quarters Mafia - JStarr

Breakfast Club - Hickey

Cashing in Cashman - damshow

Dutch Folk - Eddie G

Enchanted Jock Strap - Dragsy

Kitchener Panthers - MPH

Midland Tornadoes - Berober

Potton Wolverines - 9 to 5

Prince of Pie & DUI - bill_da_bill

Scott NattieBohberg - LNK

Shortstops - Midget

Srartown Srars - Srar

The Based(ball) Gods - Lowerdeck

League Settings

Draft Order

Round 1

1)Kitchener Panthers -

2)Midland Tornadoes -

3)Cashing in Cashman -

4)Prince of Pie & DUI -

5)Scott NattieBohberg -

6)Angels in 2K12

7)4 Quarters Mafia -

8)The Based(ball) Gods -

9)Shortstops -

10)Enchanted Jock Strap -

11)Dutch Folk -

12)Srartown Srars -

13)Potton Wolverines -

14)Breakfast Club -

Round 2

15)Breakfast Club -

16)Potton Wolverines -

17)Srartown Srars -

18)Dutch Folk -

19)Enchanted Jock Strap -

20)Shortstops -

21)The Based(ball) Gods -

22)4 Quarter Mafia

23)Angels in 2K12 -

24)Scott NattieBohberg -

25)Prince of Pie & DUI -

26)Cashing in Cashman -

27)Midland Tornadoes -

28)Kitchener Panthers -

Guest mr. potato head

Fuck, sahyder, you could have given this pick to somebody people actually like :shifty:

This throws my entire early-round plan into chaos but how can I pass up the chance to take Miguel Cabrera?

So, anyone know any decent sites for advice/research?

I realise it isn't competitively sound to offer assistance, but as an Englishman, I feel I'm at a distinct disadvantage anyway...

The actual Yahoo site has some nice cheat sheet PDFs littered throughout the Fantasy Baseball home page. I suggest starting there. Also, some players will have yellow/white notes near their names. Check up on those for injury updates.

For more in-depth stuff, I advise the mighty Baseball Prospectus.

Guest mr. potato head

I bought a fantasy guide the other day, but it seems to be reaffirming my theory that I should stay away from everybody I know in favour of highly-ranked guys I've never heard of :shifty:

Am curious what others would have done with the first pick though. I was really considering Cano.