Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Admin

This years squad numbers have been released.

1. Paul Robinson

2. Noureddine Naybet

3. Stephen Kelly

4. Sean Davis

5. Edgar Davids

6. Teemu Tainio

7. Paul Stalteri

8. Pedro Mendes

9. Frédéric Kanouté

10. Robbie Keane

11. Michael Brown

12. Radek Cerný

13. Márton Fülöp

14. Erik Edman

15. Mido

16. Reto Ziegler

17. Noé Pamarot

18. Jermain Defoe

19. Andrew Reid

20. Michael Dawson

21. Wayne Routledge

22. Tom Huddlestone

23. Michael Carrick

24. Goran Bunjevcevic

25. Aaron Lennon

26. Ledley King ©

27. Calum Davenport

30. Anthony Gardner

32. Johnnie Jackson

35. Robert Burch

36. Mounir El Hamdaoui

[source: FootballSquads.com]

Even though Ledley King is out, I'm confident about tomorrow. I Sky Plus'd John Barnes last night, and they said our possible line up was:

GK: Robinson

RB: Salteri

LB: Edman

CB: Dawson

CB: Gardner

MR: Routledge

ML: Reid

MC: Davids

MC: Carrick

FC: Defoe

FC: Kanoute

So it's pretty much a full strength team, bar Ledley obviously. Should be good for at least a one goal win, particularly given the fact that Pompey don't have Yakubu anymore.

He's on loan for a year I believe which is up in January. He's looked good actually and I had him down as the likely starter along side Defoe for tomorrow, I can't see why Kanouté was playing for the reserves if he was down for the start. Not like he needed the extra time for fitness after preseason.

That was Atouba. He went to Hamburg, IIRC.

Edgar Davids' Tottenham Hotspur debut is on hold after the midfielder was ruled out of Saturday's Premiership opener against Portsmouth.

The Dutchman had been pencilled in to make his Spurs bow for this weekend's trip to Fratton Park, following his recent move from Internazionale.

But the 32-year-old will be forced to watch the game from the sidelines after picking up a knee injury in training on Friday.

Spurs boss Martin Jol confirmed the injury to Davids and expects his compatriot to be absent for at least a week.

"He fell off balance in a collision in training but thankfully it looks quite a minor injury and he should be back in a week or two," said Jol.

Davids' injury could also see him miss Tottenham's first home game of the season against Middlesbrough next weekend.

The midfielder's debut could now be against Blackburn Rovers on August 24 or against Premiership champions Chelsea in a fortnight's time.

Edited by Turbonegro

Guest Ringmaster

Mido is on loan for 18 months, as for Salteri, he's a decent player, who occasionaly shows signs of brilliance and then goes back to being invisible. I can definitely see why Jol would sign him, but he would really need some severe motivation if he is ever to be anything more than a bench warmer.

On the other hand, he is Canada's defence....