Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Admin

I expect Wigan to beat us on Sunday, I don't know why.

I'd put it down to the fact I've got tickets :shifty:

Yeah, that's it.

Davids said that we must learn to kill a game, instead of relying on a 1 goal lead. And I totally agree.

McCulloch is back for Wigan, but Roberts (IIRC) is still suspended.

I don't think so. I don't know anything about the details of the agreement and clauses, it seems to be that loan players are never allowed to play against their proper club anymore.

The only exception of this I can think of recently was Justin Hoyte playing for Sunderland in the Carling Cup against Arsenal, but that doesn't really count since it's only the Carling Cup :P

That game was awesome though.

Wigan were brilliant as were Spurs once they got going. Way more fast paced than I ever expected, back and fourth action made this enjoyable. That second Spurs goal was a real shame, thought Wigan were really unlucky not to get away with the win today.

OK. Thanks to the Gooners dropping points AGAIN :-) we can look to the Blackburn game to try to pull our run together.

Considering they've just beaten the Gooners they'll be up for a second N.London scalp. We're at home, we don't seem to have that many injury worries...so how are we gonna drop points this time? lol.

I think Murphy should really be playing through the middle, trying to get through-balls onto our forwards, who certainly don't lack for pace. Put Davids on the left, Lee on the overlap, Lennon on the right and Carrick in front of the back four.

The only contentious position I can think of at the moment would be right-back. Stalteri has been criticised the last two games, I think he's a good player but maybe we need to drop him for the moment. Steven Kelly would fit right in (he's not impressed me much this season, but he has been playing at left-back for most of his appearances.)

Also I was wondering what anyone thinks about the long-term chances of our current loaned players. Particularly Marney and Yeates. Are they gonna be playing for us next season or sold on to raise funds. I've been a fan of both when I've seen them play, but Marney is a RM/RB (where we have Lennon, Routledge, Stalteri and Kelly) and Yeates is either a RM (ditto) or a small forward (when we really want a bigger guy as cover for Mido). I'm thinking Yeates has the most chance of staying, I believe Jol has said that he'd like to try him in an Attacking CM position, but you always wonder when a player's been loaned out for that long wether they'll be back after a taste of first-team action.

£5mil. Worth every penny.

As for Marney, I'm pleased to see he's been flexing his right back muscles as being able to work all the way down the right flank will make him more useful in the squad.

He definitely deserves to be in the mix somewhere.

I think Mido has fitted in really well and i hope he stays . The back end of last year i didnt think he had enough because he looked sloppy and over weight but in all fairness to him hes totally changed my mind of him and hes a class act

Edited by The Slickman