Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

At least Van Nistelrooy's played in the Premiership.

Wait.

You'd rather have van Nistelrooy because he's played in the Premiership? :huh:

Considering the fact Spurs would most likely pay £8m - £10m for what? Two seasons? In the long run Berbatov would be a far better signing. Give him a chance.

Guest Small Red

Signing RVN would be a bad decision, especially at the price Man Utd are trying to get for him. He's an over the hill striker, and you can get a lot better elsewhere.

Try harder at the funnies, 'cause you suck.

It wasn't a funny.

They were analysing his play on MoTD or MoTD2 or Football Focus or something recently and saying that a lot of his goals for you are those goals where he is just there (often at the back post) to tap in a cross. Much like the goal he scored against us at Highbury. Granted he has the skill to occassionally pull of something good. But the majority of his goals are van Nistlerooy-esque. If Spurs got RVN, he'd just be a watered down version of Keane.

Oh, and try harder at the conspiracy theories, 'casue you suck.

They were analysing his play on MoTD or MoTD2 or Football Focus or something recently and saying that a lot of his goals for you are those goals where he is just there (often at the back post) to tap in a cross. Much like the goal he scored against us at Highbury. Granted he has the skill to occassionally pull of something good. But the majority of his goals are van Nistlerooy-esque. If Spurs got RVN, he'd just be a watered down version of Keane.

Keane brings the ball up from midfield, he defends, he sets other people up, he runs the attacks etc. Van Nistelrooy is a clinical striker, he's the man who's going to be in the box waiting for the ball. They're different players. And Robbie Keane produces 'something good' more than 'occassionally'.

Robbie Keane still has 10 years left in him too although once he gets over 30 his game will need to change a little as a lot of it is based on speed and bustling power. He's consistantly a threat and any "tap ins" he scores are a result of build up play and him making a lot of ground and hassling defenders. Excellent player and for me our most important.

Ultimately we shouldn't be throwing money at random strikers when we need to get Mido signed.

While Ruud has been a phenominal striker for United, i don't think he'd fit into the Spurs squad.

We already have 3 fantastic strikers in Keane, Defoe and Mido (presuming he stays) Ruud isn't gonna be happy sitting on the bench (as he's proved at United).

I'd much rather see a younger player, preferably a target man, who would be happy to be in and around Tottenham's first team, to improve his game. Someone who could come off the bench to make an impact, and who wouldn't mind doing so. I'm not sure about Lee Barnards airial ability (he doesn't look like he's that strong in the air, in an Alan Shearer-type way).

As for Ruud vs Mido I'd rather Mido stayed. The thinking is that he'll be on his way since getting injured, but it'd be good to keep him, he knows the team, has got used to the Premiership, and could be here for a good few years yet. I can't see Ruud being at the point of his career where he's still getting better, Mido is a good striker, and he's still improving.

I'd much rather see a younger player, preferably a target man, who would be happy to be in and around Tottenham's first team, to improve his game. Someone who could come off the bench to make an impact, and who wouldn't mind doing so. I'm not sure about Lee Barnards airial ability (he doesn't look like he's that strong in the air, in an Alan Shearer-type way).

Apparently we have a 16-year old player called Terry Dixon who should be coming into the reserves and possibly the first team next season. His play is being compared to Wayne Rooney according to an article on BBC Sport, maybe he'll be one to make an impact next season.

Spurs bid for Chimbonda rejected

Wigan have rejected a £3m bid from Tottenham for Pascal Chimbonda.

The 27-year-old defender handed in a transfer request within minutes of Wigan's 4-2 defeat Arsenal on the final day of the season last Sunday.

Wigan boss Paul Jewell said: "Their bid has been firmly rejected - it is not enough for a player who was named in the PFA team of the season."

Wigan signed the right-back for a bargain £500,000 from French club Bastia last summer.

Wigan have said they want at least £6m for Chimbonda.

Another bid for Chimbonda rejected. If Wigan won't budge on the £6m, I can't see us making any more bids, he's not worth the £6m IMO.

Your thoughts on a possible Chimbonda move to Spurs?

I'd rather see how he does in the World Cup first. He would be a good acquisition in relation to having a decent wing back, but I can't see him fitting into the set up at the Lane at all. IMO, he shines at Wigan, but wouldn't at Spurs.

Is Chimbonda right back ? If he is im not that into him id prefer Leighton Baines as Lee Y Pyo hasnt got enough defensively. Ifil/Marney should be our first choice right back

Lee is our left back, not our right back.

Stephen Kelly is our best right back behind Stalteri at the moment, not Ifil or Marney. I can't see Kelly being a good starter for a whole season though. He's a decent back-up but I think we need a stronger right back.