Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Admin

2131-6.jpg

Bit plain, innit? No design to it like, just looks like a white t-shirt with the badges and sponser on it.

Eh, it's OK.

Can't Mansion get a better logo though? :P

Right now, I think we just needs an RB/LB, a left midfielder, and a striker.

So... Chimbonda, Berbatov, and someone else?

Yeah, everybody in the Prem has the same standard.

As far as players are concerned, IMO the main areas that need improving are...

RB - Stalteri has been solid, but not stellar, and we need the defence to be solid if we're to make a good account of ourselves in the UEFA Cup next season. I'd be happy to see us spend £5 million or so on Chimbonda, but £6 million seems a bit steep to me. But then, what's a million quid in top-flight football?

LB - Personally, I rate YP-Lee, he's good getting forward and has shown evidence of being a good crosser. I still think we need somebody who is more solid defensively, however. If I were in charge, I'd be looking at Wayne Bridge, and there's also some Spanish guy who I've seen a bit of lately thanks to Sky TV that looks good. Capdevilla or something.

CM - Jenas is inconsistent. Davids has another season or two in him, but at this rate he'll only play in half of our games due to suspension or general unfitness. Fuck knows, European refs will have a field day with him. Carrick is, IMO, the third best English midfielder in the Premiership after Lampard and Gerrard. But, with more fixtures necessitating a spot of squad rotation, we need somebody good and solid in midfield, who can hold the ball well, move it about, and generally get forward too, if not to score then to set Keane up. As far as our price range is concerned, I don't have too many suggestions, but I swear we were looking at Van Bommel a year or so back. Unless he's gotten terrible lately (I don't watch Dutch league) maybe it's time to look - he's got links with Jol, and Spurs are a much more attractive outfit with European football on the table. If not, anybody got any ideas?

CF - If Mido does go, or if not, let the Berbatov worry cease. One of my friends has Sky, is half German, and so we watch a lot of Bundesliga. If he can adapt to the English game, Berbatov is going to be shit-hot. He's a very skilled player, he's got pretty much every ability you can ask for from a hitman, and I think he could link up well with Keane or Defoe.

Stalteri has been solid? Every game we've lost by the odd goal or generally conceeded late in the game, its been his fault. Chimbonda would be a decent signing, he's had a great season, I also wonder what Glen Johnson is doing these days. Stephen Kelly is also decent enough, if we had a solid left-back there would be no need to buy a RB.

LB is a position we really need to strengthen, Lee is too weak for the Premiership in my mind. Wayne Bridge is the best option, though with Del Horno seemingly leaving Chelsea may be reluctant to sell. Matt Taylor is also a decent player, though Pompey are loaded and won't need to sell. Ziegler is coming back off-loan though, and I'm a fan, so that could work.

One more centre-back would be brilliant, as beyond King and Dawson it's a bit thin. Gardner is average at best and Davenport doesn't look a Premiership player. Anton Ferdinand would be brilliant, but maybe someone a bit older with European experience would be a safer (and cheaper) bet.

Something needs to be done about the left-wing, as Jenas isn't a right winger, so Lennon shouldn't be forced out to the left. I'd love a midfield of Lennon-Carrick-Huddlestone-Downing next year, that'd be brilliant.

With Routledge returning, and Aaron Lennon, the right wing is fine.

I heard Davids was on his way back to Ajax, but I don't see the need to sign another CM - especially as Huddlestone looks class, and Ghaly and Murphy have hardly featured. Fucking hell, I don't think Ghaly has even played.

Strikers are fine as well, with Keane, Defoe, Barnard and maybe Berbatov and/or Mido.

Tottenham agree fee for Berbatov

Tottenham have agreed a fee of £10.9m for Bayer Leverkusen's Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov.

He has agreed personal terms and will sign on 1 July, subject to being granted a work permit.

Berbatov, 25, told Spurs' website: "Tottenham is a club that is building something special.

"The squad has some terrific young players, an excellent manager and coaching staff and I am looking forward to playing my part."

Berbatov finished second in the Bundesliga scoring charts with 21 goals in 34 games this season and has been a prolific scorer for his country since making his debut as an 18-year-old in 1999.

He made his name with CSKA Sofia before joining Leverkusen in the 2000-2001 season and was part of the side that made the final of the Champions League in 2002.

Spurs' sporting director Damien Comolli added: "There were a number of clubs interested in signing Dimitar, clubs from France, Spain and the Premiership.

"We are delighted he has chosen to join us. He is a tall, skilful, highly-talented striker who not only has a proven track record of being able to finish, but also of creating scoring opportunities for team-mates.

Berbatov joins a roster of strikers that includes Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe and Mido.

However, Egyptian international Mido is coming to the end of his 18-month loan spell and a succession of injuries means Jol may not take up the option to sign him permanently.

Hopefully he can translate his Bundesliga scoring form to the Premiership. Unfortunately I think this pretty much confirms we won't be holding on to Mido.

Edited by alldawson

Good news about Berbatov.

Shame this means that Mido will probably be on his way, but a front line of Defoe, Keane, Berbatov, Barnard, with the exciting prospect of Terry Dixon (just broken in to the Rep of I squad at 16 and highly rated) a possibility too.

Chimbonda looks like a good buy. RB needs strengthening (I like Stalteri and Kelly, but they've given away a few chances this season, and Kelly's looked kinda average every time I've seen him play this season).

I'd like to see Bridge at WHL. Lee hasn't been strong defensivly in a lot of games (though attacking he's been strong). Bridge will strengthen us in that department.

I hope Davids stays. He doesn't have to play every game next season (Ghaly and Huddlestone can fill in in the center of the park Zeigler up the left). I'd like to see him available for the European games, he gives us a leader on the park (in a team of leaders, thank you Leds and Keano!) and his tenacious play is plus for us. He ended up injured, and wasn't the same player when he came back, or for the rest of the season sadly.

Like the new kit. Looks like the back has some pattern on it in navy. Wish the Sponsor logo was a bit more stylish, but cant argue with the reported 34 million they'll feed into the club (you've gotta think our improvement this season is paying dividends in that regard, with the money coming into the club and quality players actually signing for us after being linked with the club0.

Gloat ? No.

Of course every Spurs fan was happy with the result but we cant come on here and say "lol Arsenal are shit" as they were in the final and did just pip us to 4th. If we were 4th when this happened there wouldnt be a sober Spurs fan in the world.

• Admin

I love Arsenal fans at my school.

3 weeks ago: 'BWAHAHAHAHA THURSDAY NIGHTS CHANNEL 5 NOW WE'RE OFF TO GAY PARIS TO WIN EUROPE YOUR SO SHITE'

Today: 'One word I'll smash your head in'

Great match though. Ref was a bit crap, but meh, it's happened now.

Tottenham full-back Stephen Kelly says he may have to leave White Hart Lane to play regular first-team football.

The 22-year-old made his Spurs debut in 2003 but played only 10 times last term, with manager Martin Jol preferring Paul Stalteri at right-back.

Kelly, who made his Republic of Ireland debut against Chile on Wednesday, said: "I need to play regularly, whether that is at Spurs or maybe somewhere else.

"At the moment I'm a Tottenham player and that is all I can concentrate on."