Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Ah, how quickly we turn on the stars when they leave.

Seriously, I'm sad to see Carrick go, as he was the heart of the team last season and he's definitely a star of the future. For £15 million, hopefully we can get some talent in to replace him, as I'm not sure Davids can still go in CM. And we still need a halfway decent LM, damnit!

Seriously, shitting on Carrick is pointless, as he basically ran the midfield last season.

Martin Jol will be without the services of Ledley King for six to eight weeks after the captain sustained a knee injury in training.

An initial scan revealed possible cartilage damage in a big setback for the defender who missed out on the end of last season and the World Cup with a fractured metatarsal in his left foot.

Also absent for Sunday's clash with Inter Milan at the Lane are Jermaine Jenas (hamstring), Andy Reid (foot strain) and Paul Stalteri (twisted ankle). Anthony Gardner is fit to return after recovering from a shin injury.

"Ledley is out with suspected cartilage problems and he could be out for six to eight weeks," reported Martin this afternoon. "It is a big blow for us.

"Andy Reid will out for another two to four weeks and Paul Stalteri is making progress, but will be out for another week. Jermaine Jenas has a hamstring injury and will miss this game.

"Calum Davenport will play in place of Ledley, while Anthony Gardner is fit again and will be on the bench."

Source: Tottenhamhotspur.com

That sucks for Ledley, he's only just come back from injury. Here's to hoping he doesn't have an injury-plagued season and can get back to his consistant form.

Dawson and Gardner for the start of the season :(.

I hope Huddlestone gets his chance over Gardner, we sign him we he was a first choice regular at Derby from the age of 17 then dont give him the opportunities to show his talents.

Also BBC are reporting the Carrick deal is 18.6 Million which if true is great business by Mr Levy.

I didnt go to Inter because I was working but apparently Tini put in a great performance so hopefully Jol takes notice and considers Tanio for a place in the alleged 3 man midfield were going to play next year.

Always nice to beat a club like Inter!

A 4-3-3 this season could be pretty exciting, especially with Robbie playing a little deeper to make use of his power and surging runs forward. Defenders don't like having to stop him when he's in full flight...

We've played well but taking him out removes one attacking threat :\

And it puts one back in, even more of an attacking threat really. Although I do see your point, Lennon stretches the play and pulls the defense apart. I'd prefer that than having to go mostly through the middle, but without a strong left winger, too, 4-3-3 may be our best option. Me, I still prefer a 4-4-2 for now, but we'll just have to wait and see what Jol goes with on August 19th.

I think we'd need width to be successful, particulary as it always gives us the option of playing it down the flank for Lennon to chase - I feel he'd be muscled out or even crowded out through the middle. I hope the rumours are true about Bridge signing and then playing left-wing - we'd have an organic left-side with Benoit and Bridge swapping, and Lennon causing chaos on the other.

Guest Chasing Ringy

Don't forget Dervite, I've been watching some of the replays of the French U18s and Lille on Fox Sports, the kid could be outstanding if he was given the chance this season.

I thought Davids was leaving?

Davids decides to stay with Spurs

Tottenham have received a boost after Edgar Davids pledged his future to the club for another year.

Davids, 33, has one more year on his contract but was subject to interest from Ajax during the summer.

Spurs boss Martin Jol has confirmed the Holland international has rejected the chance to return home.

Jol said: "Ajax wanted him, but he wanted to stay here. He wants to be at Spurs, there is no issue and he has the mentality we need."

Jol is convinced the veteran midfielder still has a key role to play at White Hart Lane.