The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

I've been an advocate of Jay Feaster. Trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt in a lot of strange cases... but what he did today? Unforgiveable. When you're gearing up for a rebuild, you don't just move three pieces.

Jay Feaster's job today was to move out bodies and create spots in the lineup for young players to have an extended tryout with the club and Bob Hartley.

Jay Feaster's trade deadline mark? F.

He moved one piece in Blake Comeau. He moved one guy today, and it was a guy who competes every night for us.

I'm okay with the moves he did make... but he didn't make enough of them.

Yes, the draft and beyond is where all the big things will happen because of the salary cap dropping... but at five bodies should have been moved out today to make room for guys already in our system... unless, wait for it... unless Flames management doesn't think that enough of our prospects are worth taking a look at. If that's the case, not only did they fail at the deadline, but the Flames have completely failed in their developmental areas, and basically told a bunch of guys that they have no future in Calgary.

I expect better at the Entry Draft... but I no longer believe in Jay Feaster or the management above him.

edit: Your new title generously contributed by SDM.

Calgary is a mess. Their owner wants to be "in the playoffs next year" and if that isn't bluster, then they're already screwed on this whole rebuild thing. Would not be surprised to see a Pegula-esque free agent binge this summer in an attempt to cobble together a contender.

edit: Your new title generously contributed by SDM.

Calgary is a mess. Their owner wants to be "in the playoffs next year" and if that isn't bluster, then they're already screwed on this whole rebuild thing. Would not be surprised to see a Pegula-esque free agent binge this summer in an attempt to cobble together a contender.

I wouldn't be surprised either. The ownership group seems to refuse to accept that the team needs young pieces. At least a free agency binge would still allow us our draft picks. I just pray to whatever deity I need to, that Feaster doesn't trade our picks or better prospects for roster players. Draft and Develop talent... sign free agents to fill the roster.

Ugh, WTF Pittsburgh? They look like they're asleep out there. (N)

Does your goalie always act like a baby when they're losing big?

Nope, he just looked frustrated out there, just like every other goalie when they're playing badly.

Calgary isn't very good at hockey.

Calgary isn't very good.

• Like 1

It was supposed to happen this year, but a lockout happened instead.

And now with Detroit on the decline, and the other half being Toronto, my earlier prediction of this one being called the "NHL Winter" appears to be bang on the money.