NHL 13

Ruki

Actually, it gave me Carton Ashton and Matt Frattin. In Be A GM, both are rated low 70's, but in HUT, they are in the low 80s. Combined with LA Kings era Wayne Gretzky between them at centre, and I have a very dangerous top line out of the gate.

I sprung for the "Stanley Cup" edition of the game. If I had known it was only giving me some HUT extras, I would have stuck with the original version of the game.

The Leafs I got to start are Frattin, Ashton, Rosehill, Mike Komisarek and Jake Gardiner. I might have one or two more, but they aren't on my current roster. My second line is Benoit Pouliot, Jarrett Stoll and Steve Sullivan with Brayden Coburn and Voynov from LA on defence.

Edited by Toe

Took a while to set everything up with the updates and downloading the latest roster. I swear my pizza cooked before I was finished.

I played my first regular game (after upping the game speed and acceleration, because lets face it, the default settings are so horrible all the youtube videos promoting the game had the speed increased), was losing 5 nothing in the 3rd period and made a huge comeback to tie it 5-5 with 18 seconds left. I won in a shootout with Gaborik 6-5. They scored a few low 5-hole goals on Lundqvist. I also think faceoffs are much harder than 12, although most friends are telling me it's the opposite - I felt like 12 was cake even on harder settings.

There's a ton of in the moments which should be really fun to play.

Lastly, I'm not 100% satisfied with the skating. I don't think a huge overall was unnecessary. At times the skating just isn't as smooth as it should be. I think they could've adjusted NHL12 without changing the entire skating performance. I like the added puck chop they put in NHL13 and the ability to turn around at will.

Where do I go to change the game speed? Mine is pretty slow.

Is there a new roster update out yet? I know the earliest (when I checked yesterday) came out on Sept 4th. I was just wondering if I should wait to start my BAP/BAGM games.

The roster that comes with it has Nash on Columbus. If you download the roster update 9/4 or 9/6 - I forget the date - Nash is traded to the rangers. That's how you know you have the most current update.

You'll have to still manually add Semin to the canes.

Where do I go to change the game speed? Mine is pretty slow.

Your game settings. On PS3 before playing a game you can select options like Set lines/game play settings and toggle through by the L1/L2 - R1/R2. You can make them your default by changing the settings from the main menu. The in the moments force you to keep the default settings.

I ripped off the computer bad in Be A GM.

I traded Lombardi and Steckel for Backes (my first line C) and a scrub.

I traded Colborne and Bozak for Yakupov.

I then traded Kuli, Gunner and Connolly for the Schenn brothers + Shelley.

Lupul-Backes-Kessel

Mac-Grabbo-JVR

Kadri-B.Schenn-Ashton

Rosehill-McClement-Brown

Phaneuf-Liles

Gards-Schenn

Komi-Franson

I sprung for the "Stanley Cup" edition of the game. If I had known it was only giving me some HUT extras, I would have stuck with the original version of the game.

The Leafs I got to start are Frattin, Ashton, Rosehill, Mike Komisarek and Jake Gardiner. I might have one or two more, but they aren't on my current roster. My second line is Benoit Pouliot, Jarrett Stoll and Steve Sullivan with Brayden Coburn and Voynov from LA on defence.

Heh...I did the same thing. Supposed to get it tomorrow from Amazon. Might try to sell all the decent NHLers I get to pick up Kessel to play with Gretzky.

so thought id post a couple interesting trades I have seen so far in Be a GM

between preseason and the first 2 weeks of the regular season there have been 7 trades... 4 interesting ones

Devils traded Brodeur to Montreal for 2013 1st round pic

Jets traded a 2013 2nd round pic and 2013 3rd round pic to Coyotes for Shane Doan

Penguins traded Fleury to Washington for Backstrom

Leafs (me) traded Grabovski and Franson to Ducks for Getzlaf

post your interesting trades... ironic signings... anything interesting

So, yeah...in my GAGM game I need a new goalie. Reimer is not cutting it. Montreal beat be 2-1, and Washington 3-1 (Kadri had a sexy goal). He's letting in too many weak shots!

Stupid Vancouver not wanting to give up either of their goalies. Same with Pitts.