Hollywood Mogul 4

Ace

• 1 month later...

I own(ed) HM 2 and HM 3. Quite liked them, although the limited actor/actress database made it a bit difficult to make movies late in the piece. Would love to see this come to fruition.

• 4 months later...

$25 for the game, $40 for the game plus two DLC packs. Better than Capcoms $60 for a game and then $15 each for DLC packs that are already on your disk.

He can call it however he wants. He is asking for 120k to create a game and for 25$ your only getting part of that. (let alone that 25$ already is a lot on todays indygaming marked, this would have been a good opertunety to test out a "normal" 15$ pricepoint, because what dos he have to loose?)

Besides, your average capcom game is on sale for 5$ one or two month after it´s release. HM never got a discount as far as i remembered.

He might as well Kickstarter it at $25/$40. If he doesn't get it, he can always Kickstarter it again at $15/25. Nothing to loose except potential profit.

You can´t rekickstarter the same product.

I wager you can if you're smart about going about it. Different names and such.

Also kickstarter is not a profit gennerating platform, the money you make should be used to create what you want to create. It´s not amazon.com.

This is silly. You don't really believe this do you? Everything is a profit generating platform when you say "I have a product, and I want money for it".

I absolutely do. But i also realise that there have been other people abusing it for pure extra chash generation which lead to the fact that many gaming sites stoped to report about kickstarter enterly hurting a ton of projects that actually look for help covering their production costs. The guys behind starCommand for example are over 50k in dept, Tim Schaafer is activly using every cent pledged to make the project as good as possibe, Sealark comes to mind aswell.

Kickstarter should not be a gloryfied preorder platform, esp. since what you do is vastly different from preordering. People will learn this the hard way once the first project tanks big time a year or two in development (there has already been one, but the guy gave people their money back as far as i know). Your looking at a idea pitch here, it´s different hype from "look at what we´ve got, it´s due to be released in a month".

You can only if you cancel the old kickstarter before it ends. If it fails or succeds you can´t do the same product a second time unless they changed something recently.

I´ed love to see it don, i´ed love to see a Mac Version, i´ed love to see it look more like a game that had a budget. I hope he thinks about stuff instead of just giving up. But this seems to go nowere with full force.