Hollywood Mogul 4

Ace

So, while looking up HM3, and trying to find Data for it, I came across the 'Unofficial HM Forums' and an announcement has been made that the guy is working on HM4.

The thing I really love about this, is he's going to add TV show productions to the list of things you can do in HM4 :D

I can see myself buying this already. It sounds awesome, and I got a lot of fun from HM3.

He's debating putting it on Kickstarter and even if he gets a Kickstarter up he'll only make it if it gets funded and if it gets funded it will take a year to make it.

Put your wallet away Summ.

3 is awesome but I've never had the money to buy it. Every time I get a new computer I always download it like a little kid.

If they include TV shows into 4 then I'll be buying it once I have a job/it's ready. That's something I've been craving for way too long.

I might be living under a roof for years so can anyone explain me what this ''hollywood mogul'' is? I assume it has something to do with moviemaking, but can someone show me a place with some more information, I found that unofficial forum to be lacking a bit.

It's a movie making sim. I don't know if I have played the newer ones, but basically you run a studio. You choose a genre, hire a writer, then decide if the script needs a re-write and if it's by that writer or another, then get a cast, director etc. decide the budget and how much freedom they should have and length of time to shoot it, decide on the level of marketing etc. Then release the movie and hope to recoup the cost. Quite often you will be doing this for 2-5 movies at a time needing to balance blockbusters with cheaper to make movies that may prove popular (to save cash). It's a lot funner than I'm doubtless making it sound.

All this talk has made me reinstall The Movies to get my fix.

Never uninstalled it here :P

Man, that was a fun game. I think I have my copy laying around somewhere. I might try and re-install it (but, I remember it not working last time I tried?)

What if i want to make a film away from Hollywood? :/

You had a choice to film the movies elsewhere, just your studio was in Hollywood.