Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Adam Campbell is going to be a bit good.

Gave him a start against Olympiakos in the CL, a hat trick and two assists.

Also, my last 5 games have been 2-0, 4-0, 4-1, 5-1 and 5-0. Jovetic and Ben Arfa as inside forwards is destroying teams.

I love the development list, it makes it much easier to be bothered to send my young players on loan.

And what is the point of signing a new striker when Kevin Lisbie is going to be in such amazing form? He's bloody 34 and he is banging in the goals. And in Jari Litmanen news, he came off the bench and made 9 passes and got himself a 6.8 rating. Good man.

Apparently having a transfer budget and increased wage budget is fucking meaningless for a semi-professional club that can't offer anyone a contract anyway (my only options are Amateur and Non-Contract). So in fact I'm still only signing people on the basis of their appearance fee...which would be fine, if it weren't capped at 75 euros and forcing me to lose all my best players who go elsewhere for 90 euros or similar.

Don't think there's any way to raise that either. Oh well.

Quite enjoying playing with a salary cap in the A-League. There's still a few little glitches here and there that need to be ironed out (for some reason Lloyd Dyer refused to accept a Marquee contract for the same wage as a Full Time contract), but it is a pretty fun experience. With Adelaide, we won the league by something like 23 points, but lost the Grand Final to Melbourne Victory on penalties which was a bummer. My key strikers Sergio van Dijk and Bruce Djite both left at the end of the season, which makes things tough. I've also elected to go into 2013-14 without a Marquee player to assist with our financials, but whether or not I can I resist having a shot at Tim Cahill I don't know.

Interestingly, the following were recommended as Marquee players: Lucas Neill, Phil Neville and Ricardo Fuller. Not quite Del Piero and Beckham...

Well, less fun now.

Again won the Minor Premiership easily, and this time met the Victory (again) at the semi-final stage. They were of course shit all season, but had won their last five.

21 shots on goal to 3, two disallowed goals for 1-1. Lost 6-7 on penalties.

GAGFC

<_<