Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Danny Welbeck doesn't seem to have much ambition, he's played zero first team games in two seasons for Man Utd, yet has never requested a transfer or loan. He's not even unhappy.

On the same note, the lack of AI squad rotation in this game is my biggest gripe, between them, Utd and City have £80m+ of players who they've signed and barely played.

Apparently Noel McGee is now Athlone Town's all-time top goalscorer with a grand total of...40 league goals for the club. This is the depressing reality of teams who don't get to offer contracts and players who even get a little bit good can bugger off on a moment's whim. :/

Such as how the summer transfer window (mid-season in Ireland) now comes around and I immediately lose my two starting centre-backs. Wankers.

Still pushing on with my long running game in FM 2012. Left Newcastle after 17 years and became Arsenal boss in November. Scraped Champions League qualification in my first year after AVB's woeful 3 month reign left be midtable when I joined, but won the Europa League. The following year I won the quadruple, so after winning everything I resigned in February the following season.

I was Italy manager at the time too and was bored with Arsenal so I decided to focus on that. Qualified for Euro '32 comfortably and then the AC Milan job came up and I decided to take it. Could already speak Italian so it made sense! Going to try and win the league in the big 5 European leagues now before I quit it for the new FM.

Milan were fifth when I took over in December and have a pretty old squad, a serious pet peeve of mine. They do have two players I managed my Newcastle days though and I've managed a fair few of them already with Italy so it's nothing I can't work with. Managed to bring this beast with me from Arsenal though.

wimjanssensoverviewprof.png

Was always second choice due to better and more experienced players ahead of him, but he's an absolute tank and always scored whenever he played. Didn't get a look in under the new manager so was unhappy and managed to nab him for £10mil. Look at those beautiful physical attributes. :wub:

Such as how the summer transfer window (mid-season in Ireland) now comes around and I immediately lose my two starting centre-backs. Wankers.

Oh hey, and my third-best centre-back as well.

FUCK OFF.

In retaliation, I just went and signed both of Wexford's first-choice centre-backs instead. This shit is bananas. :lol:

A regen who I signed as a 16 year old and turned into a world beater, just became Spurs manager. That's a pretty cool thing to see!

Also just had a regen in my youth intake with the same birthday as me who's from the small town in Cork, in Ireland where my girlfriend is from.... at AC Milan. I didn't realise it was even in the game. Weird. o_O

I got this game yesterday and started as Liverpool to get the feel for it, then started a long term save as Newcastle. Finished 6th in the 12/13 season, looking for a Champions League spot, hopefully. This is the current squad i have to achieve the 4th place finish, although I would settle for another Europa League spot atm. The current team on the right is the team i'm thinking of using as my first team. Tell me what you think.

NewcastleTeam.jpg

It's a regen by the name of Johnny Walker, in these long term games I've rarely seen real players take over international teams. Sterling had an interesting career. Signed for Birmingham on a free in 2015, had 2 and a half good years there before joining Arsenal for £15mil. Spent 3 years there but was never first choice and then signed for Man Utd for £8.5mil. He had 10 good years there before signing for Cardiff where he's at now. Only things he won that entire time were a Carling Cup with United in 2024, an U20 World Cup 2011 and the 2026 World Cup with England.

Yes United are a shit midtable team who haven't won the league since 2019! :w00t:

Interesting group of managers though

manutdhistorypastmanage.png

Zlatan Ibrahimovic keeps getting good jobs and keeps being shite at them. It's great.He's managed Wigan, Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs, Stoke, Chelsea (again), Blackpool (who are huge now) and Aston Villa

First trophy won! :w00t:

BSC01.jpg

Was knocked out of the League Cup by Shamrock Rovers...AGAIN. They're managed by Gareth Southgate for some reason - at least it allows me to picture the face of the man I'd like to punch.

However, someone else knocked Shamrock Rovers out of the Senior Challenge Cup so now I've reached the final against Cork City! Considering I have already played and beaten them in an early round of the League Cup, I fancy our chances of a lovely double.

Irish Trophies

Munster Senior cup, Division 1, League cup, Senior Challenge Cup, Premiership

Danny Welbeck doesn't seem to have much ambition, he's played zero first team games in two seasons for Man Utd, yet has never requested a transfer or loan. He's not even unhappy.

On the same note, the lack of AI squad rotation in this game is my biggest gripe, between them, Utd and City have £80m+ of players who they've signed and barely played.

I signed him in my Spurs game for 12m cos he had played one game up until January. First season at Spurs saw us lift the Europa League and finish 2nd, but a long way off City who won the league. Top 5 was really tight, too. Only got 11mil to strengthen my squad, but I'm looking forward to managing in the Champions League. Just wanted a game to kind of ease me in, but I've really enjoyed it so far and I've never managed a team to win the Premier League because my longer running games have always been with Ipswich or starting unemployed. Hopefully it'll still be fun and I'll see if I can turn Spurs into tital contenders.

I signed him in my Spurs game for 12m cos he had played one game up until January. First season at Spurs saw us lift the Europa League and finish 2nd, but a long way off City who won the league. Top 5 was really tight, too. Only got 11mil to strengthen my squad, but I'm looking forward to managing in the Champions League. Just wanted a game to kind of ease me in, but I've really enjoyed it so far and I've never managed a team to win the Premier League because my longer running games have always been with Ipswich or starting unemployed. Hopefully it'll still be fun and I'll see if I can turn Spurs into tital contenders.

Hi, Matzat!