Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Think the 2000-1 title winning odds I was given were a little short. I have 4 points thus far - from my two opening games - and have been thrashed by various teams since. Doesn't help being drawn against Shamrock Rovers in both the All-Ireland Cup and the League Cup (and playing them away in the league inbetween). God I hate them.

Not sure what the 'safe' number of points is to finish 10th out of 12 in a 33 game league with the teams playing each other 3 times. Think somewhere around 30 points or so, perhaps.

After losing four games in a row, I took a relaxing dip into my Chelsea save and beat Tottenham 3-0 in the Capital One Cup Final. :shifty:

I've just won the 2014 World Cup with England. No idea how though. I was only expected to make the QF and I only just about finished above Ukraine in my qualifying group.

I won every single game at the tournament, defeating Japan, Morocco and Portugal in the group stage before beating Turkey, Italy and Ukraine in the knockout stages. In the final, I played Germany and although I was one down early on, a Chris Smalling equaliser gave me a chance and then Wayne Rooney won it with about five minutes remaining. :w00t:

These are the 23 men that led me to World Cup glory.

Joe Hart, John Ruddy, Fraser Forster.

Kyle Walker, Nathanial Clyne, Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Phil Jagielka, Ryan Shawcross.

Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Scott Parker, Jack Wilshere, Tom Huddlestone, Daniel Sturridge, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlaide Chamberlain.

Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Andy Carroll.

However, with Lampard, Parker and Gerrard all retiring from International Football after this competition, my midfield is now starting to look a little thin. I need Cleverley, Rodwell and others to really step up their games because they've kinda been a liability up until now.

Think the 2000-1 title winning odds I was given were a little short. I have 4 points thus far - from my two opening games - and have been thrashed by various teams since. Doesn't help being drawn against Shamrock Rovers in both the All-Ireland Cup and the League Cup (and playing them away in the league inbetween). God I hate them.

Not sure what the 'safe' number of points is to finish 10th out of 12 in a 33 game league with the teams playing each other 3 times. Think somewhere around 30 points or so, perhaps.

After losing four games in a row, I took a relaxing dip into my Chelsea save and beat Tottenham 3-0 in the Capital One Cup Final. :shifty:

So unrealistic! Sligo Rovers should be the super powered Irish team now. :shifty:

Sligo Rovers are typically top three, I think.

Longford got promoted from the First Division the season before I did and they were immediately lurking up in 2nd or 3rd. I do not understand this, but it is enough to confirm them as cunts.

Don't think I've seen Chelsea sign Jovetic. Kelly, sure. I think in one game I saw them go on (yet another) Liverpool-raiding spree. I remember them buying Coates, certainly. And they sold Ivanovic in the same window! Madness.

Every time I've seen RDM sacked the next Chelsea manager is inevitably Marcelo Bielsa.

Man Utd in my game has this little habit of signing players that perform well for mid-table teams, play them very few times and offer everyone on loan by the next transfer window. Yes, I'm talking about you Neil Taylor/Lallana/Steven Taylor. dry.gif

Did you just call Newcastle a mid-table team? :angry:

Precisely. dry.gif

That being said, Alan Pardew is becoming something of a relegation king on my game, took over at Norwich, got them relegated, sacked, took over at Fulham, got them relegated, sacked and now he's just been appointed Wigan manager.

This game can be shockingly realistic though sometimes in it's transfer dealings.

The Man Utd squad now contains Vermaelen, Walcott and Aaron Ramsey from their unofficial feeder team. :shifty:

Man Utd in my game has this little habit of signing players that perform well for mid-table teams, play them very few times and offer everyone on loan by the next transfer window. Yes, I'm talking about you Neil Taylor/Lallana/Steven Taylor. dry.gif

Did you just call Newcastle a mid-table team? :angry:

Gazz, both you and I know that if we sell Danny Simpson then we're doomed to relegation again. hmm.gif

So I bought FM2013 on Android, basically because I have a Nexus 7 and was intrigued (also because Eastside Hockey Manager no longer exists and isn't available at all tablet-wise). I'm not a huge football fan by any means, but I sued to play Premier Manager on the Mega Drive and Championship manager before it split in two. I've left recent ones alone because they're apparently ridiculously complex. Two questions:

1. Who are a good team to start with? I probably know most about Spurs and WBA since my brother and dad are fans, respectively. Basically, I want a bit of a challenge, enough to keep me interested but not frustrated as I try to pick up any new stuff I don't know about.

2. Are there any good sites for tactical information (preferably geared towards novices)? Again, I know a bit, but not enough to draw up my own tactics past making pretty symmetrical patterns >_>

Why they haven't released this for the Vita is beyond me. It's practically a killer app for the PSP over here.