TEW05 Real World Update: October 2012

Okay, I see your point but what I suggest is to look at who's "hot right now" in federations and just check their skills and popularities from the previous month.

I know it will take FOREVER for you to check every singles popularity each month so just have a look at a few match cards and results to see whos doing well and whos getting buried.

But all in all, just want to take this time to say thanks for all the updates/pictures throughout the years - I have used them heavily and I apologise again for coming accross to harshly

Okay, I see your point but what I suggest is to look at who's "hot right now" in federations and just check their skills and popularities from the previous month.

I know it will take FOREVER for you to check every singles popularity each month so just have a look at a few match cards and results to see whos doing well and whos getting buried.

But all in all, just want to take this time to say thanks for all the updates/pictures throughout the years - I have used them heavily and I apologise again for coming accross to harshly

Well it would make my work a lot easier if you made suggestions on who and what to update, the reason for this topic is that changes can be posted and also argued if they seem bias towards one wrestler or promotion, i dont like to do many of these stats changes because i know i have a few biases towards some workers, plus on top of that i tend to focus my areas on the UK scene.

Cliff Compton is the new OVW TV Champion

EDIT: Brain Damage has passed away.....unfortunately Who, you know what to do (Horrible time to rhyme I know).

Second Edit: Mike Graham has also passed away

Edited by tougie

I can help out if you need with stats and popularities because just going through the TNA roster the stats are extremely unfair and the popularities aren't updated.

That would be great, if you need a guide on how the letter grades are transfered to numerical figures check the guide in the first post.

of course, I'll crack on with the WWE and TNA rosters and send you a zip file by end of this month

also i suggest that you remove the 'other tv' files on your uploads. I always do this anyway but for the TEW-maniacs who admire realism I advise you to do this as the ratings for tna and wwe are just unrealisticly bad

Edited by LiamECW

of course, I'll crack on with the WWE and TNA rosters and send you a zip file by end of this month

also i suggest that you remove the 'other tv' files on your uploads. I always do this anyway but for the TEW-maniacs who admire realism I advise you to do this as the ratings for tna and wwe are just unrealisticly bad

You do know that I cannot import someone in over their account in the database right, it messes up the connections between files, ideally if you post up what to change that would be better, otherwise I’d just have to note down every figure than change them manually anyway which I can just just takes a bit longer.

Also the other TV file is something I’ve been meaning to cleanup and fix for a while I’ve just been distracted by some other things mainly this month with updating and cleaning the locations file.

What exactly does the "other tv" file do to the ratings? I have noticed the ratings to be strange myself. That may help me out. So do I simply delete the other tv shows completely while in game?

What exactly does the "other tv" file do to the ratings? I have noticed the ratings to be strange myself. That may help me out. So do I simply delete the other tv shows completely while in game?

Other TV shows are effectivle non wrestling programs your competing for ratings against, best bet is start a new database and import the other tv file from that should have 0kb and means your not running against anything.

• Like 1

Reason?

Well, he hasn't wrestled a match since since 2010 (Other than three matches in TNA last year). And IMO, if someone clearly isn't the road agent type at age 38+ when they retire, I think they should be set to LTB.

He isn't the only one in the data like this btw,

Edited by tougie

Reason?

Well, he hasn't wrestled a match since since 2010 (Other than three matches in TNA last year). And IMO, if someone clearly isn't the road agent type at age 38+ when they retire, I think they should be set to LTB.

I get your reasoning but unless they officially say that their retired or out of the wrestling business i dont like changing them on speculation, if anything setting them to On Hiatus is more appropriate since they could return they just dont right now.

Reason?

I get your reasoning but unless they officially say that their retired or out of the wrestling business i dont like changing them on speculation, if anything setting them to On Hiatus is more appropriate since they could return they just dont right now.

I'd say putting him on hiatus would make sense if he was in his 20's, but at 38 Harris isn't going to do much.

There are plenty of guys wrestling into their 50's. Him being 38 doesn't matter.

That's not the point, but whatever. I've made the change in my data, don't really care if it's made for the released data next month. You really think Harris is going to wrestle for that long? He hasn't wrestled for two years, and he's 38. I'm quite sure he's done. Unless he decides to "Knock, knock" on TNA's door for a quick paycheck again.

Two years really isn't that long.

And, actually, Harris wrestled in TNA last year anyway.

I mentioned that, and he only wrestled three matches. Those were the only ones he wrestled last year. Hell in 2010 he wrestled less than 5 matches. And in 09 he wrestled twice. Less than 10 matches in three years? And hasn't wrestled in over a year?

Semi-Active at the least, but like I said I think he should be set to left the biz. He really isn't taking bookings. If Who doesn't want to change him, whatever, the change has been made in my data. I'm not gonna make another post about it, so Who can do what he wants.

Edited by tougie

How do you know he's not taking bookings? Have you tried booking him recently? Crossbones, for example, wrestles with about that much regularity, and I wouldn't suggest setting him to "Left The Business", or even "Semi-Active".

It's much more likely that he's got a real job outside the wrestling industry, and can afford to be selective with the booking he takes. But if WWE or TNA called him up tomorrow and offered him a full-time deal? You don't know, he may well take that. Either way, it's not a game-changer.