EWB-Play Along: Pokémon!

Monkey D. Lars

I've decided to go with option two.

I have a as-yet nicknamed Charmeleon, Level 19.

I just caught Ms. Spikes, Level 6 Nidoran Female.

I'm about to enter Mt Moon where I plan to add a Clefairy.

And the rest of the way I'm looking at adding Marowak, Kingler and Exeggutor. Should be good!

I beat Whitney, and right now I'm grinding for the battle against Morty.

THE CURRENT TEAM IS:

CHIKARita, a Level 17 female Bayleef. She's been relegated, for the most part, to my water-sweeper, given that most enemies right now are types that'll have an advantage against her.

Mareeyse, a Level 20 female Flaaffy. A heavy Sp. Atk hitter, she too has seen her usage dwindle recently in favor of newer team members.

Wooper T, a Level 20 male Quagsire. He just recently evolved.

Venonatalya, a Level 17 female Venonat. Caught during a Bug-Catching Contest. She might just be my greatest hope against Morty.

GeodusClay, a Level 21 male Geodude. He's close to evolving, but most importantly, he's finally learned Rollout... so yes, funk is in fact, on a roll.

Nidoback, a Level 21 male Nidoran. Just like the namesake, he's dominant. He's almost singlehandedly responsible for sweeping Whitney's gym with Double Kick.

I wanna get everyone to about 25 before I get to Morty. CHIKARita'll definitely need to grind on the way to Cianwood, considering Razor Leaf and any other moves she might learn between now and then could really help in the battle against Chuck's Poliwrath/whirl. I forget which it is.

Playing Black 1 version and most probably will play another game on my pc today.

My Black 1 team so far has 5 Badges and going to Celestial (I think) Tower to help a gym leader and injured pokemon, their levels stand as:

Serperior lvl39 - My Starter

Flump the Darmanitan lvl41 - My Fire Pokemon

Panpour lvl22 - The Water pokemon (Needs a bit of Training though)

Stripes the Zebstrika (Original name I know!) lvl27 - My Electric pokemon

I have one place left for a Pokemon of my choice and the Legendary Pokemon you get at the end. Any ideas on a decent Ground/Rock pokemon as I don't know these Pokemon well? I was thinking of testing out either Gerdier or Klink, yes Klink that shitty Two Gears looking one, but not sure.

Think Imma play Crystal on the PC as I never quite managed to complete it before, always got confused (This was ages ago mind)

Edit: Its not Crystal I have, its Gold. Imma play that instead.

Edited by Millsybeast

Plubby, Kingler was fucking unstoppable in my Ash Gray game. Once he learns Crabhammer, one hit KO's are the norm.

Does Ash Gray use current move typing or Gen III?

I was doing some moveset planning and noticed that in FRLG, Crabhammer's actually a poor move for Kingler (:()

Okay, so holy fucking shit.

I literally just beat Morty. His Gengar was a goddamn sweeper with its ridiculously OP Shadow Ball attack. It took me three attempts to beat him. What ended up happening was I had to let Geodus, CHIK, and Nattie act as meat shields. Mareeyse paralyzed the Gengar and Cotton Spored it before being taken down with a Shadow Ball; Nat barely survived a Shadow Ball and managed to Disable it before being taken down with a Sucker Punch.

Then it came down to Nidoback vs. the weakened Gengar and a Haunter.

I taught Nidoback Shadow Claw after remembering that Ghost is weak against itself, so despite a Hyper Potion midway through the fight, Gengar couldn't overcome the paralyzation, massively-decreased speed, and Nidoback holding the Quick Claw. It took a helluva lot of effort, but the Gengar fell.

Nidoback took the Haunter down easily enough, but the margin of victory was practically razor-thin; it managed to get a Night Shade off that brought Nidoback down to one fucking hit point. One hit point kept me from having to re-do that entire battle.

FEED. IT. MORE.

(Oh yeah; I caught a Meowth and named it DiBmeowse. It made sense in my head.)

Gen III. Not sure how it's a bad move though, he pretty much tore through the first few Pokemon League guys on his own using pretty much just Crabhammer.

In Gen III attacking moves, Crabhammer is a special attack but Kingler's strength is physical attack. If what you're saying is true, then woof Crabhammer + Kingler must reap souls nowadays.

Oh, that reminds me. I have Pearl, HG and White 1. Anyone that needs stuff traded across cartridges hit me up. Also if you're looking to breed shinies the Masuda way (which I just found out about). And on my Pearl cartridge I have access to most pokemon (and can breed most non RSE starters or eevee's on demand, to name the ones I most commonly trade away)

Gen III. Not sure how it's a bad move though, he pretty much tore through the first few Pokemon League guys on his own using pretty much just Crabhammer.

In Gen III attacking moves, Crabhammer is a special attack but Kingler's strength is physical attack. If what you're saying is true, then woof Crabhammer + Kingler must reap souls nowadays.

Hyup. Kingler's 130 base attack with Crabhammer's STABbed 135 power and critical hit ratio on par with Slash (I believe) means I'm getting me a Krabby as soon as possible.

Yes! I made trading work! Woo! Now I can get back to playing.

Anyways, since the last update I caught I shit-ton of Pokémon because I just can't enough. Now I just need to get a LeafGreen save going so I can some of the Pokémon I want from there. I am sort of slowly moving intro trying to complete the Pokédex or at least get as many as I can.

Active Team

- Griffin ♂ (Cubone), Level 21

Tail Whip, Bone Club, Headbutt, Focus Energy

- Ch'Ding ♂ (Farfetch'd), Level 30

Peck, Sand-Attack, Cut, Fury Attack

- Carwin ♂ (Gyarados), Level 26

Splash, Tackle, Dragon Rage

- Kedzie ♀ (Gengar), Level 27

Confuse Ray, Psychic, Shadow Punch, Night Shade

- Edgar ♂ (Alakazam), Level 28

Teleport, Reflect, Disable, Psybeam

- Lauzon ♂ (Flareon), Level 29

Helping Hand, Sand-Attack, Growl, Quick Attack

Stored Pokémon

- Nelson ♂ (Snorlax), Level 30

- Mimien ♂ (Mr. Mime), Level 29

- Spunky ♂ (Squirtle), Level 29

- Siver ♂ (Diglett), Level 28

- Dodson ♂ (Raichu), Level 28

- Ronda ♀ (Mankey), Level 28

- Zoila ♀ (Spearow), Level 29

- Bonnar (Voltorb), Level 28

- Rory ♂ (Nidoking), Level 28

- Ms. Nido ♀ (Nidoqueen), Level 29

- Beltran ♂ (Hypno), Level 28

Right so, for the most time I have been stuck at the Rocket Game Corner because I so badly want a Porygon but man, it is next to impossible to get that unless I just save up ton of money and buy the coins instead of gamble for them. Other than that, I ruined all of the Team Rocket's puny plans and then defeated Erika for the badge. I am probably going to stick around Celadon for a bit, training up Griffin, Carwin and Kedzie and grabbing more coins for Porygon.

Doesn't somebody later in the game want to trade his Porygon for something or am I totally imagining that?

I looked up Porygon on Bulbapedia to see if there was any other way of getting it, but in both LeafGreen and FireRed it seems the only way to get is to get enough coins, sadly. :(

Well see, that ain't so easy to do when I am playing the game on my phone. Plus, from what I've checked on emulators on PC, I can't seem to get cheat my way into slowing the frame down or anything. So I'll just have to do it the hard way!

Ah ok ^^. Best bet would be to continue the game and win a few more battles to get enough money to trade the money for game coins then, Unless you tried that.