EWB-Play Along: Pokémon!

Monkey D. Lars

Well, I am ready to go to the Rock Tunnel, just picked up my Bicycle and I am ready to go! Still only got 2 Pokemon in my team. I think I know my third and fourth pokemon already.

- Venussaur lv 32

- Pikachu lv 29

Pokémon I will get before the next update:

- Growlithe

- Vaporeon

The other 2 I don't know what types I want their. Any tips from you guys? Was thinking Aerodactyle, Rhyhorn, Marowak?

Okay, saved and closed for the night as I hit the little stretch that leads to the Rock Tunnel. Trying to plan my future a little bit and decided the third Pokemon I catch will come just after Lavender Town... my question to you is Growlithe or Vulpix?

I've always loved Arcanine, but I don't think I've ever actually had a Ninetails. I caught Sandshrew because he's another one I usually ignore.

So yeah, who is better/stronger... Arcanine/Ninetails?

Okay, saved and closed for the night as I hit the little stretch that leads to the Rock Tunnel. Trying to plan my future a little bit and decided the third Pokemon I catch will come just after Lavender Town... my question to you is Growlithe or Vulpix?

I've always loved Arcanine, but I don't think I've ever actually had a Ninetails. I caught Sandshrew because he's another one I usually ignore.

Can you even catch both? I always thought Growlithe and Vulpix were different version exclusive.

EDIT: Yeah, Growlithe is Fire Red, Vulpix is Leaf Green. Considering how vibrant and old the Pokemon Modding scene is, there must be a ROM with all Pokemon out there somewhere?

Can you even catch both? I always thought Growlithe and Vulpix were different version exclusive.

EDIT: Yeah, Growlithe is Fire Red, Vulpix is Leaf Green. Considering how vibrant and old the Pokemon Modding scene is, there must be a ROM with all Pokemon out there somewhere?

Bugger, I'd just settled on Growlithe :( Oh well! I want to bag a nice fire Pokemon so I guess Ninetales isn't such a terrible option.

God, you guys move fast. :shifty:

I don't think I've released the space bar since i started :shifty:

Yeah, just found a hacked Pokemon Fire Red ROM that's a recreation of Gold in Fire Red. Might have to try that.

Also found one with apparently 116 events that's based on the actual series! That could be a lot of fun.

So...it's FireRed, but with the Johto (was Gold Johto?) Pokemon?

And 116 events? Like what?

Yeah, someone recreated Gold in Fire Red. Essentially it's Gold but in the Fire Red Engine. And the 116 events means stuff like what happened in the show, examples are stuff like being attacked by Spearows and Team Rocket stuff. Sounds good!

Yeah, someone recreated Gold in Fire Red. Essentially it's Gold but in the Fire Red Engine. And the 116 events means stuff like what happened in the show, examples are stuff like being attacked by Spearows and Team Rocket stuff. Sounds good!

So that sounds awesome. I think me and my niece are going to try to finish the Pokedex up to Gen 3 now. We've tested trading across seperate PCs over LAN and it works, so with this it maybe could be done. But so far in Emerald she's caught 4 Pokemon, and 3 are Poochyenas, so it will take a while.

Also, does anyone know of a decent DS emulator? I haven't found anything that can play the Gen 4 games tolerably.

So that sounds awesome. I think me and my niece are going to try to finish the Pokedex up to Gen 3 now. We've tested trading across seperate PCs over LAN and it works, so with this it maybe could be done. But so far in Emerald she's caught 4 Pokemon, and 3 are Poochyenas, so it will take a while.

Also, does anyone know of a decent DS emulator? I haven't found anything that can play the Gen 4 games tolerably.

It's called Pokemon Shiny Gold. I won't link to it here because lol roms, but you can get it at "The PokeCommunity Forums". Need to sign up to download it though. I'm going to try it out soon. Apparently it works up until Fuschia City, so you can play all of the regular Gold/Silver stuff, just not all of the extended area with the original Pokemon.

It's called Pokemon Shiny Gold. I won't link to it here because lol roms, but you can get it at "The PokeCommunity Forums". Need to sign up to download it though. I'm going to try it out soon. Apparently it works up until Fuschia City, so you can play all of the regular Gold/Silver stuff, just not all of the extended area with the original Pokemon.

Shiny Gold is awesome but unfinished. Zel basically never got past Fuschia yeah, so if you want one that is fully done up to the end, try Liquid Crystal.

Is there one that's just a straight up hack of Fire Red or Leaf Green to include all 151 Pokemon? That's what I want, really.

Oh. No, it's a Gold/Silver conversion that was fully done up to Mt. Silver, but I'm sure there are others around that are what you're looking for.