Martin Keown's testimonial on Sky Sports 1

FLiam

If anyone wants to watch it, it is on Sky Sports 1 NOW

Arsenal XI vs. England XI

Overmars for Arsenal, Wright is abck for Arsenal

England XI includes Beckham, Wright-Phillips, Gazza, Powell, Terry, A. Cole, J. Cole, Upson and many more, turn to SS1 now and watch it :D

I forgot to start taping it, so I am going to tape the repeat

Edited by Gooner4Life

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Caught it just in the middle of the first half, have Beckham and Overmars already come off? Why was Henry wearing Wrighty's shirt? and what a quality goal from Ashley Cole.

Good Penalty Keown :lol:

just flicked over 3-0 to the good.

Edit- nice goal from Reyes, even better thrid goal.

What was the final score

Edited by Cortez

This smells of being fixed.

Not that it matters.

But the majority of the England XI aren't even trying.

However, Reyes shooting has been brilliant.

Wrighty for England, wheyhey!

Edited by Summers

Like Martin Tyler and Kenny Sansom kept syaing, I don't think anyone told José it wasn't a competitive match :D. He was on fire and running around everywhere.

A great match though, Wrighty was classic as usual.

Nights like this you realise why football is a beautiful game :D

Oh yeah, and:

KEOWN!!! THERES ONLY ONE KEOWN!!!!

Man, I am going to miss seeing Martin Keown in an Arsenal shirt, I would love for him to sign with another Premiership club next season. That would be great

Edited by Gooner4Life

I watched the repeat. I'm not an Arsenal or Keown fan, but I must admit, I was sitting with a cheesy grin on my face the whole time. It was good to see grudges put to the side for one night.

What was the final score

6-0 Arsenal, Reyes got 3.

Went to the game last night, was a good time, everyone was in a bit of a party mood. Reyes took it very seriously as mentioned, he looked kinda puzzled by what Wright was doing when he was falling over and rolling around on the pitch. Robert Green started crap but seemed to come to life to dampen Keown's night a little.

The half time celebrity match was good, Audley Harrison isn't as footballer. Nice to see some old names play too like Michael Thomas and Marc Overmars.

Might post up some pics from the night once they're developed.

I had the cheesy grin throughout as well. It seemed like such a fun atmosphere, I wish I had actually gone.

But alas, I'm already planning for Dennis Bergkamp's testimonial. It hasn't been announced yet, but he'll have been with us for 10 years at the end of next season, so one would have to assume he'll have one.

*Quotes Talk Sport*

"Martin Keown took the penalty...An awful penalty that Robert Green had NO CHOICE but to save...Then he ran in for the rebound and scuffed it and Robert Green couldn't do anything other than save it, however hard he tried"

hahahahaha wish I'd seen it.

Amusing.

Robert Green should be England squad after his operation. Drop Ian Walker (and James come to that...)

Martin Keown is a good old fashioned defender. He may argue with a referee from time to time but he is by no means the worst at that, I wouldn't even begin to compare him to the likes of Roy Keane. It's not something I'd associate with Keown at all.

I wouldn't call him an unfair player either. He's been sent off but how many defenders haven't over the years. He's been red carded as much as say Tony Adams I'm sure but Adams isn't labelled. Just because Keown's rough and likes a physical challenge doesn't make him a thug.

He got into a bad spot with Van Nistelrooy and that's what has stuck with him. Yes he's had scuffles over the years but one bad incident has seen him tarnished with a bad reputation. When footballers are being accused of rape amongst other things, I actually think Keown's a good role model for a footballer. He's a settled family man who takes his football seriously, a man who loved defending and there aren't too many like him who would gladly throw themselves in front of a ball to save a goal despite what may happen to him.

That's Keown's greatest attribute. He puts his own goal first, and defends it at all costs. He would gladly suffer a broken bone if it meant that the opposition wouldn't get a goal. It's a shame that he is the last player like that, there is nobody around who is anything like him any more.

No doubting his family man credentials, his commitment and his fitness, even at an older age.

Footballers who actually are guilty of "Off the pitch" criminal activities such as Stan Collymore are highligh ted in papers and of course are despicable people as a whole.

I feel that off the pitch, from what I know, Keown is a edvoted family man who should be praised, but on the pitch his persona changes completely and is a thug.