Franchise Hockey Manager

Ruki

FHM13_Logo.png

And then we thought of a great way to end 2012 with a bang: the first feature list for Franchise Hockey Manager, our highly-anticipated sim that's on track for release in early 2013. This isn't complete, but it's a top-level view that will whet your appetite for more information in the coming weeks.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to stay up to date on all the latest FHM news.

• Windows and Mac support
  • Two game modes: Modern and Historical
  • 2012-13 game start with these playable leagues: NHL, AHL, ECHL, QMJHL, WHL, OHL, KHL, DEL, Elitserien and EIHL
  • Over 1,000 teams, comprising nearly 100 leagues, that are non-playable but are stocked with real players
  • Start any NHL season from 1947-48 through today, with players appearing on their actual teams or in a draft
  • Real stats, finances, and rules
  • Detailed player model with over 30 skills in 5 main categories
  • Trades, player transfers, RFA/UFA signings, and more
  • Set lines and tactics and make changes on the fly during games that feature a huge, editable play-by-play database
  • News engine featuring a database packed with thousands of articles
  • Stat keeping, including CORSI and Fenwick
  • Almost everything is editable, from logos and colors to data to league rules and more

player_profil.PNG

team_roster.PNG

league_home.PNG

So, I've been craving a new EHM. And here we are, FINALLY! :D :D :D :D

The menus look fantastic and colorful, the features sound awesome, and there will probably be more than one version! I think there will even be expansion drafts.

Yeah, game looks identical to OOTP, which is a great game, it's really got me more into baseball, and I understand a lot more about the game too, so looking forward to this.

I saw a report of this game a couple of months ago and I was a bit skeptical, but then I found out it was from the same guys that make OOTP and it really makes me hopeful that it's going to become a great game.

EHM07 still causes me to spend way too much hours of my life and if this is a worthy succesor I will be a very happy camper.

These screenshots make me more hopeful, but I do hope there are more ratings than the 11 shown in the first Screenie, that would be a bit shallow ratings wise.

My experience with the OOTP series has been little, but the things I took from it was that the game is pretty damn deep and the modding community is massive and easily accesible too. You can download every update in the game itself which makes it pretty idiot proof.

Edited by Jasonmufc

So would I be able to start an NHL game in 2013 and play a few seasons, then in 2015 or so add an expansion team or two (say Markham and Quebec City)? With an expansion draft?

Apparently the answer to that question is yes.

Amazing.

I love management sims and the idea of a hockey management game does hold appeal but it's the OOP thing that worries me.

Found myself getting lost whenever I attempted an OOP game but loved the baseball Mogul game series. Granted the last Mogul game I played was 2008(or 09) possibly and the last OOP was around the same time and maybe things are different now.

I love management sims and the idea of a hockey management game does hold appeal but it's the OOP thing that worries me.

Found myself getting lost whenever I attempted an OOP game but loved the baseball Mogul game series. Granted the last Mogul game I played was 2008(or 09) possibly and the last OOP was around the same time and maybe things are different now.

Well you would naturally have to play a demo or something of FHM like everyone else to get an idea of how the game will be...

But from my experience with the OOTP series the game is a pretty big orgie of stats and attributes that runs very deep into its material. And it takes a bit of time for someone to get into a game and come to grips with the entire engine and how everything works and how far your abilities stretch in the game itself.

It gives you a lot of freedoms in terms of finding players and scouting guys who fly under everyone's radar and also finding out where certain players are failing. But again, you can easily get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of data thrown at you.

But for the moneyballers among us, OOTPDevelopments make amazing games that allow you to take Baseball (and soon Hockey) management to places that other games simply do not go...

If you want a smaller orgie of stats and attributes, I can always suggest you to buy EHM07. The game is still actively updated every single season and there is a 2012/2013 update out there which gives you the ability to start in the present day without a problem.