EWR 2013 Stats Update: January ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

I just noticed Jim Cornette and Kenny Bolin have a friendship in-game. I've just finished listening to two Cornette shoot interviews and in both he speaks very negatively about Bolin. He accused him of kissing Bischoff's ass, and called him a fraud who screws fans out of money by selling fake merchandise (and went on about this for a while)... I'd change it to a dislike.

He has said many times that he is his best friend

They were childhood friends growing up... Not the case anymore apparantly. They got into a heted back and forth arguement making various jabs t eachother on different shows and podcasts a few years ago. I cant link anything atm but if you oogle jim cornette and kenny bolin tons of sites citing their arguement and disdain for eachother come up.

It is a work.

The fake merchandise stuff refers to Bolin illegally selling Cornette's OVW tapes. They are in on it together.

http://pwinsider.com/article/74895/another-tna-departure.html?p=1

Remove Kid Kash from TNA.

Edit: Even with the "confirmation," might've jumped the gun on that one as Kash is disputing it: "Don't believe everything you hear... Rumours that I have left TNA are completely false. I'm still with the company." http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/Kid_Kash_Disputes_TNA_Departure_Rumors_Preview_Thursday_s_Impact_Video.html

Don't remove him.

Also:

Make Cliff Compton's Media Blitz finisher an impact move. Compton should be a heavyweight.

Not sure if it's been discussed before - maybe tick Fonz Factor for Austin Aries?

Edited by Dan B.
  • Like 1

-Add Frank O'Rourke as an alter ego for Biff Busick.

Is this the same Francis O'Rourke that has popped up in a few Wrestling Is promotions? if so add him to Wrestling Is under the name Francis O'Rourke

Change Jigsaw to heel in Chikara (possibly gimmick to angry young man or arrogant)

Add team of Jigsaw and Shard of 2 exp

-Add Frank O'Rourke as an alter ego for Biff Busick.

Is this the same Francis O'Rourke that has popped up in a few Wrestling Is promotions? if so add him to Wrestling Is under the name Francis O'Rourke

Change Jigsaw to heel in Chikara (possibly gimmick to angry young man or arrogant)

Add team of Jigsaw and Shard of 2 exp

He works other places as Biff Busick, including CZW, so for now i wouldn't change him.

-Add a stable to CZW called The Front. Niles Young (Leader), Biff Busick, and Corvis Fear. All gimmicks should be heel, Underworld. There are a few others in the stable that aren't in game, I'll work on getting their stats.

Why is Kevin Nash not in WWE? The guy is on a 5 years legends contract so he can't sign with TNA or any other organization. Same for Diamond Dallas Page and Roddy Piper

I thought the Legends contracts were just for licensing deals (i.e. games and action figures)? I heard that a few years ago when I think Vader signed one. Did something change? If not, I wouldn't put any of them in WWE.

Yeah, Nash and DDP have both worked elsewhere since signing a Legends deal. Nash wrestled for AJPW not that long ago.

A "Legends contract" is a difficult thing to simulate in EWR; ultimately it's a licensing and merchandising arrangement, but there also tends to be little conditions like WWE bookings taking priority over existing dates, which is why you occassionally see stories of someone like Piper cancelling an independent appearance because WWE contacted him to appear on RAW.

While there may be measures in place saying they can't work for TNA, I'm not sure on that. But you can't really represent that in EWR, and putting every "Legend" under contract with WWE just leaves you with a massively bloated roster, and all the morale issues that come with it.

Wanted to make some notes based on some recent posts:

Change Justin King to Production. Last I heard he retired from refereeing due to injury and was given an office job.

Haven't read or heard anything about this... Any chance for a link?

Make Jerry Lawler an Announcer? I think it's safe to say he isn't going to be wrestling again after the heart attack. Put his Backstage as late 50's maybe and his Talent to 80ish.

Usually, once soemone is in as a worker, they stay in as a worker, unless there is something confirming that they won't wretle again and even then, I'm leery, since many wrestlers "retire" only to come back in the not-too-distant future. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Lawler wrestle again... Hell, I'd put money on him being in the Rumble Sunday.

Maybe make Gene Okerlund an Announcer or Non-Wrestler, it would be amazing to have him announcing again somehow.

What's really funny is the fact that he never really did much "announcing." Yes, he had some apperances as the commentator's booth, like the Gimmick Battle Royal at WrestleMania, but for the most part, he was a interviewer type, or update segment type. Also, since this update is designed to reflect reality, Gene fits much better in the Production area, as that's where all of his work these days is done... Hell, has he commentated at all since that gimmick Battle Royal?

Put Mason Ryan back in NXT

He's not on the NXT roster and is still on the WWE roster. I would need soemthing concrete saying he is back in Development.

Make Michael McGillicutty tweener. He's heel in WWE, but face in NXT.

In EWR, you can't book NXT,as it is a development territory. WWE is all that you can book. Since McGillicutty is a heel in WWE, he's a heel on the WWE roster.

Change the finisher of The Ascension to Fall of Man

Last I knew, one of the Ascension members was fired... Where would the finisher name change be coming from?

Change Jason Jordans finisher to Hoosier Daddy

His NXT profile says "Double Underhook DDT," which is what is in the game.

rename Edge to Adam Copeland

I can see both sides of this one. My main hesitation is that, if he's going to do a wrestling apperance, it'll be as Edge, not Adam Copeland. I get renaming a guy released from NXT to thre name he used on the indies, because he won't be using the "NXT/WWE" name in the indies. However, Edge, I would assume, would be using "Edge" at any wrestling appearance he goes to. Like if, he's signing autographs, nobody's gonna want Adam Copeland's autograph. Hope this makes sense.

Add Billy Gunn as a Staff Member for WWE. He replaced Bill DeMott as the main trainer in NXT. also... add Road Dogg as a Road Agent.

Like Lawler above, I usually don't remove workers becuase you never know when they'll be back wrestling. If I remove them today and either (or both) appear in the Rumble, or start a feud for WrestleMania, people are gonna want to use them in that capacity, meaning I'd have to re-add them. There are enough staff members in the game for it to run without any needing to be added, so the chances of me moving a worker to staff member are pretty slim. I can only think of two that I have moved recently: Johnny Saint and Abdullah The Butcher. Both of those were due to them both being over the age of 70 and, as a result, too old to be a worker in the game. I had this issue a little while back with Finlay and it ended up being a nightmare re-adding him as a worker. So, unless there are special circumstances, I don't move workers into the staff category, because it's a big pain if I ever need to move them back. Moving staff memebrs to workers is a different story, as it's a much easier process and wecan always go back to assigning a worker the "Staff Member" gimmick.

-Bill

Guess i'm gonna seem like I have an ego, but I was wondering if a few tweaks could happen to both myself and my brother. Here are the requests. Just thought i'd shoot these in and see if these changes could happen. Since plenty of people are still using us for Road To Glory challenges, thought an update would work out.

James Ewing

Change weight to Heavyweight

Change wage amount to $1,000

Change both finishers to Tigerbomb (Impact)

Drop Brawling from 39 to 36

Drop Speed from 20 to 15

Raise Technical from 53 to 56

Raise Selling from 50 to 60

Change gimmick to All-American

Add a Friendship between James Ewing & Chance Prophet

Remove Loyalty between James Ewing & Steve Blackman

Chris Ewing

Change wage amount to $1,000

Change both finishers to Guillotine (Submission)

Raise Brawling from 15 to 20

Raise Technical from 37 to 42

Drop Selling from 55 to 45

Raise Behavior from 45 to 60

Change gimmick to Ice Man

Edited by james_ewing88

I can see both sides of this one. My main hesitation is that, if he's going to do a wrestling apperance, it'll be as Edge, not Adam Copeland. I get renaming a guy released from NXT to thre name he used on the indies, because he won't be using the "NXT/WWE" name in the indies. However, Edge, I would assume, would be using "Edge" at any wrestling appearance he goes to. Like if, he's signing autographs, nobody's gonna want Adam Copeland's autograph. Hope this makes sense.

For what it's worth, I was at House of Hardcore where he made a special appearance, and he was billed as "Adam 'Edge' Copeland." I doubt he'll be making too many other non-WWE appearances, though, so I guess either way works.

For what it's worth, I was at House of Hardcore where he made a special appearance, and he was billed as "Adam 'Edge' Copeland." I doubt he'll be making too many other non-WWE appearances, though, so I guess either way works.

Yeah, like I said, I can see both sides. The thing is, most of the time in those cases, I'd rather just leave it as is, for the simple reason that it's less work for me to do and I can use that time to work on something that should be altered/changed.

-Bill

It seems I've been duped by Cagematch. Turns out that Johnny Vegas and Maverick Wild are not the same person. Therefore, rename Johnny Vegas to Maverick Wild (and remove Johnny Vegas as an alter ego), do not tick announcer (as I suggested in a previous post), and remove him from Chaotic Wrestling.

Rhett Titus should be a heavyweight as he is 236 pounds.

Edit: Jaykus Plisken is 258 pounds so he should also be a heavyweight. Also check menacing.

Proof for menacing: http://www.thewrestlingrevolution.com/images/wrestlers/jaykusPlisken.jpg and http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GnQqIPqGO2c/TwtqwS61CnI/AAAAAAAAAgQ/gpnIxAWbl1I/s1600/Jaykus+Plisken.jpg

Also his secondary finisher should be Deathproof Drop(Impact).

Darin Childs is 194 lbs, make him a leightweight. Raise speed to 60, technical to 45

Secondary finisher to Child's Play Deathlock(Submission).

Raise Mat Fitchett's speed to 83, technical to 70, and charisma to 60.

Edited by fusionFX!

Figured this deserved it's own post...I think we should consider adding this promotion into the game..http://www.acw-wrestling.com/

It doesn't have everybody in the game as of right now, but by the end of next month it should as I will get stats for everybody not currently in the game.

For some odd reason, here's another link with more talent not on the first website: http://anarchy-roster.blogspot.com/

Anyway, I did create stats for one guy on this roster:

Johnny Axxle

Playboy
Male, September, 26
Lightweight
B 37
S 60
T 46
Stiff 32
Sell 64
Over 7
Charisma 66
Att 90
Behav 90
Check Fonz Factor.
Finishers: Cock Block (Impact), Sex Drive(Impact)
Heel, Arrogant, $3000
Add Johnny Axel as alter-ego.
Trained By: Hernandez and Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Polishing by Jeremy Young and High Roller Hayze.
Edit: Straight from Mia Yim's page: http://anarchyroster.blogspot.com/2012/02/mia-yim.html
Trained By: John Kermon, Mark Bravura, Christian York, CZW Training, ROH Academy, Daizee Haze
Add a couple loyalties that she doesn't have.
Edit: Add Nicky
Nicky
Nicky
Female, September, 23
Lightweight
B 15
S 11
T 5
Stiff 21
Sell 54
Over 4
Charisma 70
Att 90
Behav 90
Check Diva and Announcer.
Finishers: Step Up Enziguiri(Impact),
Cryptic Connected(Impact)
Heel, Seductress, $0
Add Nicola Alderton as an alter-ego.
Edited by fusionFX!

Did you seriously just post 4 times in a row? Calm down, dude.

Anyway, didn't Jaykus Plisken use to be Bio-Hazard (graduate of Texas Wrestling Academy, on some early RoH shows)?

And why does this Nicky person have a wage of $0? And does she really deserve 70 in charisma? That's pretty damn high for an unknown girl on the indies.