EWR 2013 Stats Update: January ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

...230lbs is not a lightweight.

Like I said, it's more of a guideline than a hard rule. Reason being, if I set it at 220, anytime a guy is announced or listed at 221, people will want the weight changed. Setting it 10 pounds higher gives some buffer room. This way, any worker that's between 220 and 230 could be classified as either a lightweight or a heavyweight. Chris Jericho, for example, is a Heavyweight in EWR and he's listed at 226 on the WWE website. I don't plan to make him a lightweight because of it, though.

Again, we have to remember that, in wrestling, weights can and are often exaggerated. In Bo Dallas' case, he falls in that area where he could either be a lightweight or a heavyweight. In an effore to make the update as realistic as possible, he's currently being portrayed as an NXT Rookie and as a result, a huge underdog. Since underdog only works on lightweights and Dallas is within that buffer, it's more accurate to change him to a lightweight. In the end, it has little to no effect on gameplay.

-Bill

Well, it needs to be a hard rule. 220+ is a heavyweight, anything less is a lightweight. You're adding incorrect data by doing it your way.

But then I'm obsessive over consistency like that.

I get what you're saying, as I'm pretty picky too. The problem again is, weights fluctuate, which means a guy could be a lightweight one day and a heavyweight the next. Just doing a bit of research, you'll find that most guys are listed on different sites with different weights. Who knows which one is right? For a company like WWE, you could always say go by the weight on the official site, but there are 30 promotions in the game and not every worker is nearly as easy to get info on.

Also, keep in mind, guys like Jericho, Eddie Guerrero and Lance Storm were all over 220 when winning the WCW Cruiserweight title. While you could argue that "Cruiserweight" and "Lightweight" aren't the same, I'd about bet anyone creating or using a "Cruiserweight" Title in EWR would check the "Lightweight Only" box.

We all know EWR isn't perfect and as a result, we sometimes have to adjust to that. another perfect example is having to uncheck the "Women's" distinction for the TNA Knockouts Tag Titles, due to Eric Young being a co-holder. It's not ideal, but, the only other option would be to make Eric Young a woman... Which is more realistic?

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996
  • Like 2

Might be done already but here it goes;

Lower BLK Jeez's, Robbie Mireno's and Ruckus's attitude/behavior. These three started a near riot at COD 14 last month.

Oh and almost forgot, add a dislike or hate between BLK Jeez and Jake Crist. Jeez spat on Jake's wife Nevaeh at the same event which caused a fight breaking out between the two.

more about the incident;

http://www.czwrestling.com/news.php/update_on_blk_out.html

Are we sure this isn't a work...? I dunno a lot about CZW, but if this were a shoot, would it be on their website like this?

-Bill

You never know with CZW, but after the incident and at Ascension Maven Bentley apologized to the fans and promised to make it up for them so I think it is legit.

"Prior to Ascension, CZW Vice President Maven Bentley came out to address the CZW audience in regards to BLK OUT. Bentley announced to the live crowd that he “wanted to ensure the fans would be safe at ringside.” He went to say, “Due to the unprofessional actions of our performers collectively known as the BLK OUT, last month at Cage of Death I had no choice but to release BLK OUT from Combat Zone Wrestling. Until such time, a hearing can be had to determine if they can wrestle safely here again.”"

OK, but why would Maven Bentley make that announcement? He's an on-air figure, correct? Now, had someone that normally wasn't on camera came out and made the announcement, it'd give more credibility to it being real... I'm curious to know if this announcement of Bentley's was taped, televised, on youtube, etc... My guess would be, if it was, then it was likely part of the show.

I've lowered the attitudes and behaviors that you suggested, the only thing I'm leery on is the relationships. Reason being, if someone spit on your wife (or girlfriend, whatever) would you be willing to still work with that person? I have to assume that a match will come out of this, which likley means that it was a work. If it wasn't planned, why would they only be "suspended" and why wouldn't there possibly be legal action involved? Hopefully, that all makes sense.

On a separate note, I'd love to overhaul the relationships and possibly eliminate some that are out of date or whatnot. Currently, there are 7882 relationships, which I'm sure bogs down the loading times. At the same time, though, I don't want to remove legit relationships. Probably the biggest offender is the near-automatic "loyalty" relationship that we give to trainers/students. Not all trainers/students are going to have that sort of relationship IRL. The first step would be to stop adding loyalties, simply because two people have a student/trainer relationship. That would prevent the relationships from ballooning so quickly. Obviously, the next step would be to eliminate some of the ones that are in already, but we aren't able to determine that there is enough of a relationship there to determine a true "loyalty." Other things to look to remove the friendships that were added simply becase 2 workers were seen in a picture together. Again, I don't want to go overboard and remove stuff that is legit, but I do think that there are certainly some in there that probably don't need to be. Dislikes are the same and I'm sure some are probably outdated. I mean Vince McMahon currently has dislikes with Koko B. Ware, Sid Vicious and Paul Heyman. Koko is in the Hall of Fame (Only God knows why) Sid was a guest on RAW this past summer and Heyman has worked for Vince for around a year now... How much dislike can there really be there?

Another thing to keep in mind is the relationships affect who you can hire and worker's morale goes down if you hire people that they dislike. Using Vince again, I doubt his morale went down when Koko was inducted, Sid was on RAW, or Heyman started working for him. IMO, that right there is 3 perfect examples of relationships that can be removed. Vince might not be best of friends with those three, but it's also pretty obvious he's not affected by any of them representing or working for his company.

The main thing to keep in mind is how the relationships affect gameplay. Another dislike of Vince's is Roddy Piper. Again, whlile they probably aren't best of friends, I don't think Vince whould hesitate to bring him in for a Piper's Pit if the opportunity presented itself. However, having a dislike between them affects their in-game morale, while IRL, I doubt their morale is affected at all. Again, hopefully, this all makes sense.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996
  • Like 1

On a separate note, I'd love to overhaul the relationships and possibly eliminate some that are out of date or whatnot. Currently, there are 7882 relationships, which I'm sure bogs down the loading times. At the same time, though, I don't want to remove legit relationships. Probably the biggest offender is the near-automatic "loyalty" relationship that we give to trainers/students. Not all trainers/students are going to have that sort of relationship IRL. The first step would be to stop adding loyalties, simply because two people have a student/trainer relationship. That would prevent the relationships from ballooning so quickly. Obviously, the next step would be to eliminate some of the ones that are in already, but we aren't able to determine that there is enough of a relationship there to determine a true "loyalty." Other things to look to remove the friendships that were added simply becase 2 workers were seen in a picture together. Again, I don't want to go overboard and remove stuff that is legit, but I do think that there are certainly some in there that probably don't need to be. Dislikes are the same and I'm sure some are probably outdated. I mean Vince McMahon currently has dislikes with Koko B. Ware, Sid Vicious and Paul Heyman. Koko is in the Hall of Fame (Only God knows why) Sid was a guest on RAW this past summer and Heyman has worked for Vince for around a year now... How much dislike can there really be there?

Another thing to keep in mind is the relationships affect who you can hire and worker's morale goes down if you hire people that they dislike. Using Vince again, I doubt his morale went down when Koko was inducted, Sid was on RAW, or Heyman started working for him. IMO, that right there is 3 perfect examples of relationships that can be removed. Vince might not be best of friends with those three, but it's also pretty obvious he's not affected by any of them representing or working for his company.

The main thing to keep in mind is how the relationships affect gameplay. Another dislike of Vince's is Roddy Piper. Again, whlile they probably aren't best of friends, I don't think Vince whould hesitate to bring him in for a Piper's Pit if the opportunity presented itself. However, having a dislike between them affects their in-game morale, while IRL, I doubt their morale is affected at all. Again, hopefully, this all makes sense.

-Bill

On that note, this has crossed my mind before but this seems like the time to bring it up: maybe it would be worth being more stringent on what qualifies as a "Love" relationship, i.e. limiting it to actual marriages or otherwise long-standing, Sunny/Candido-type relationships? The game itself seems to support this:

(from the in-game FAQ): "Love is for long-term non-marital relationships or marriages."

It seems that whenever two workers are reported to be dating, or rumored to have gone on a date, or (at worst) happened to be photographed together, a Love relationship is suggested; it seems like it would save a lot of time and effort on your side and perhaps a bit of loading time on everyone's to stop adding "dating" relationships i.e. Cena/Bella that could end a month or two later and just have to be removed anyway, and cut out some of those already in the game (many of which could be outdated anyway). Obviously it's not perfect as marriages and long-term romances (i.e. DDP/Kimberly; Diamond/Dawn) always have the potential of ending too, but it might at least help matters.

Edited by Dan B.
  • Like 1

Might be done already but here it goes;

Lower BLK Jeez's, Robbie Mireno's and Ruckus's attitude/behavior. These three started a near riot at COD 14 last month.

Oh and almost forgot, add a dislike or hate between BLK Jeez and Jake Crist. Jeez spat on Jake's wife Nevaeh at the same event which caused a fight breaking out between the two.

more about the incident;

http://www.czwrestling.com/news.php/update_on_blk_out.html

Are we sure this isn't a work...? I dunno a lot about CZW, but if this were a shoot, would it be on their website like this?

-Bill

You never know with CZW, but after the incident and at Ascension Maven Bentley apologized to the fans and promised to make it up for them so I think it is legit.

"Prior to Ascension, CZW Vice President Maven Bentley came out to address the CZW audience in regards to BLK OUT. Bentley announced to the live crowd that he “wanted to ensure the fans would be safe at ringside.” He went to say, “Due to the unprofessional actions of our performers collectively known as the BLK OUT, last month at Cage of Death I had no choice but to release BLK OUT from Combat Zone Wrestling. Until such time, a hearing can be had to determine if they can wrestle safely here again.”"

OK, but why would Maven Bentley make that announcement? He's an on-air figure, correct? Now, had someone that normally wasn't on camera came out and made the announcement, it'd give more credibility to it being real... I'm curious to know if this announcement of Bentley's was taped, televised, on youtube, etc... My guess would be, if it was, then it was likely part of the show.

I've lowered the attitudes and behaviors that you suggested, the only thing I'm leery on is the relationships. Reason being, if someone spit on your wife (or girlfriend, whatever) would you be willing to still work with that person? I have to assume that a match will come out of this, which likley means that it was a work. If it wasn't planned, why would they only be "suspended" and why wouldn't there possibly be legal action involved? Hopefully, that all makes sense.

Bentley is the Vice President of CZW, and yes, he is an on-air figure, but he works behind the curtain as well. The announcement was not in the edited version of the PPV. Dunno about the unedited tho. I for one didn't find any video of the apology from YouTube or anywhere else.

The match pretty much ended there when Jeez spat on Nevaeh and it turned into a fight which looked real to me. (still real to me damnit!)

BLKOUT is suspended for now, and Bentley and Hyde will have a meeting with them sometime soon to decide if they'll continue in the CZW or not.

Bump Titus O'Neil charisma to 78

Lower Randy Orton's charisma to 84. I understand he has the facial expressions etc. down, but c'mon this man is just so robotic and bland on the microphone.

Maybe lower Vince McMahon's charisma a couple of points and raise Heyman's.

Also lower Mahal's charisma to about 72 and raise Slater's to about 80.

Raise Big E's charisma to 70ish

Raise Cesaro's brawling to 72.

Also maybe untick Big E's menacing. Yeah he's got muscle, but he doesn't look like an imposing figure at all. I believe he's maybe 6'0 or so.

Turn Tensai babyface or tweener and turn him to a comedy character or dancing gimmick. He was dancing on Main Event tapings with Brodus Clay and is now feuding with the Prime Time Players according to Meltzer.

Lower Tensai's brawling to 72, raise charisma to 67 and maybe raise stiffness a bit.

Also don't know if this was ever suggested, but maybe guys in the WHC picture (ADR, Ziggler, Big Show, Sheamus etc.) need to be dropped down to Upper Midcard and their overness lowered a bit. Also maybe move guys like Cody Rhodes, Kofi down to midcard. If the Main Eventer push means people who Main Event PPV's and/or are the main drawing points that would be more realistic. I don't know if it makes any sense whatsoever so please educate me.

Edited by DontBanIJustReadDiaries
  • Like 2

Lower Randy Orton's charisma to 84. I understand he has the facial expressions etc. down, but c'mon this man is just so robotic and bland on the microphone.

Also maybe untick Big E's menacing. Yeah he's got muscle, but he doesn't look like an imposing figure at all. I believe he's maybe 6'0 or so.

Turn Tensai babyface or tweener and turn him to a comedy character or dancing gimmick. He was dancing on Main Event tapings with Brodus Clay and is now feuding with the Prime Time Players according to Meltzer.

Lower Tensai's brawling to 72, raise charisma to 67 and maybe raise stiffness a bit.

Also don't know if this was ever suggested, but maybe guys in the WHC picture (ADR, Ziggler, Big Show, Sheamus etc.) need to be dropped down to Upper Midcard and their overness lowered a bit. Also maybe move guys like Cody Rhodes, Kofi down to midcard. If the Main Eventer push means people who Main Event PPV's and/or are the main drawing points that would be more realistic. I don't know if it makes any sense whatsoever so please educate me.

Fun babyface might be a better gimmick for Tensai.

And another thing, in the case of the relationships..I hardly ever play with the relationships in any of my saves so it doesn't matter to me whether they're overhauled or not. As a matter of fact, if they were overhauled the chance of me playing with relationships in my games would increase alot.

No way in hell does Titus deserve 78 in charisma. Closer to 58 in my opinion. All the guy has going for him is his look and his bark. He can't cut a decent promo outside of a few words.

Anyway, I think Cesaro's brawling should be higher... like 78 or 79.

Disagree entirely on these points. Orton is one of the best talkers going today. I'd have him at 89-91.

Lower Vince McMahon's charisma? He is one of the most charismatic men of all time. No way.

Untick menacing for Big E? Seriously? Absurd.

Disagree entirely on these points. Orton is one of the best talkers going today. I'd have him at 89-91.

Lower Vince McMahon's charisma? He is one of the most charismatic men of all time. No way.

Untick menacing for Big E? Seriously? Absurd.

Orton's one of the best talkers? I see him as a very bland talker. I guess we have different flavours then.

I wanna lower Vince a bit and raise Heyman's so he gets even with him. Because after watching the closing angle on RAW, I honestly think they are on the same level charisma wise.

What's so menacing about Big E? He's just a plain looking black guy with muscle and an average height. I don't know maybe I don't know understand the menacing stat well enough.

Orton's one of the best talkers? I see him as a very bland talker. I guess we have different flavours then.

I wanna lower Vince a bit and raise Heyman's so he gets even with him. Because after watching the closing angle on RAW, I honestly think they are on the same level charisma wise.

Orton is really more charismatic than guys like ADR, Barrett and even The Miz - who I think he was really overrated but now he is at 89 and that's good.

Zack Ryder is maybe overrated too - don't watch his Youtbe show but I don't see him doing a great promo on Raw when he had a small spotlight last year.

At the Royal Rumble, Vince McMahon did a great promo but I see Heyman at 97 level too.

Triple H could be decrease - never a fan of his long promos - his last work against Lesnar wasn't memorable too. 96 with his buddy Shawn Michaels.