EWR 2013 Stats Update: April ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Real quick, just wanna let everyone know that, while trying to compress the updates into zip format, as I usually do, I ran across an issue with some of the pics apparently not having the correct apostrophe in them, meaning tha the files wouldn't compress. Took me a little bit, but I figured out the issue, so things should be OK now... If, by chance, you do have an issue as far as getting a pic to show in the game, it's going to be one of three workers, two of which were added this month:

Lei'D Tapa

Violet O'Hara

Rhia O'Reilly

As I said, I think I've got this issue solved, but wanted to make a note, just in case someone has isses. From what I can gather, some fonts have different apostrophes and I might have just copied those three names from a website when naming images. Replacing the apostrophe with the standard one on the computer keyboard should solve the problem. Again, I don't anticipate it being a problem, but if it is, that's how to fix it. Also, if you do have this problem, please post in this thread and let me know, so I can try and fix it on my end for next month (again, if I haven't fixed it already).

Another note: I did a little housecleaning on my MediaFire account and from now on, I'll only be keeping 6 months worth of updates on there. So, currently, you can still get April, March, February and January 2013 and December and November 2012. When the May update comes out, the November 2012 will be removed. I do have every update that I have ever done on a master backup (The Full Updates, unless I only did a DATA Update that month... I don't keep the Beginners, the pics are too big and they change too much, anyway). So, if anyone every wants one of the past updates, I do still have them. The first update I did was January of 2007, so I don't have anything before that. Pretty sure some sites have all of them archived as well. Please check those other sites before PMing me about a specific update, as it's a bit of a pain to get them uploaded. But, if all else fails, I'll do what I can to help anyone wanting a past update.

Last month was a bit hectic, so I didn't get as much done as I had wanted to, but still found the time to make most changes suggested and even add a few workers and staff. I'm planning on taking this weekend off and getting started on May right after that, so hopefully, I can get more done than I did this month.

-Bill

MediaFire:

FULL: http://www.mediafire.com/?wn1xdwc1k381864
DATA: http://www.mediafire.com/?9ztl1ei4ee04e4d
BEGINNERS: http://www.mediafire.com/?x2a9xean3qprwjq

• Like 5

Thanks as always!

Couple quick things:

Change Mike Knox' name to "Knux." Add "Knox" and "The Armbreaker" to his alter-egos.

Change spelling of tag team redDRagon to "reDRagon"

Add a tag team of Eric Ryan and Gory, "Dead Wrestling Society II," 3 exp., active

Tick Trainer for JP Black

Edited by Dan B.

Thanks Bill,

Add Petey Williams to TNA, here's him announcing it

and it says this on wiki On January 12, 2013, Williams returned to TNA to take part in the tapings of the One Night Only: X-Travaganza special, teaming with Sonjay Dutt in a tag team match, where they were defeated by Christopher Daniels and Kazarian. On March 17, Williams also took part in the tapings of the 10 Reunion pay-per-view, during which he wrestled in a three-way match, where he and Sonjay Dutt were defeated by Kenny King. The following day, Williams teamed with Dutt for the tapings of the TNA Tag Team Tournament pay-per-view, however, they were eliminated in their first round match by Generation Me (Max and Jeremy Buck)

And I don't know much about Indie companies but I'd remove him from LLUSA unless someone who watches it has proof he's still working there

Edited by ModestATT
  • Like 1

WWE stats suggestions:

Raise Alberto Del Rio's stiffness to 50 - his kicks look really good and I feel like 42 is just a tad low since he does a lot of strikes and holds that all look crisp

Raise Antonio Cesaro's selling to 78 - he is better than 73... guy can have a really good psychology-based match with anyone and never seems to under-sell opponent's offense

Raise Big E Langston's over to 69 - The guy has destroyed Kane, Cena, etc. and has been accompanying Ziggler and AJ for a few months now while getting solid crowd reactions

Lower Brock Lesnar's speed to 45 - I haven't seen him do any real speed-based stuff since his return and he's not as quick as he was in even 2004 and 52 is just one point lower than Cody Rhodes who does springboard kicks and Fandango who does flying legdrops and stuff

Raise Christian's speed to 65 - I know he hasn't been wrestling regularly lately but he's still able to do speed-based matches with the younger guys

Raise Dean Ambrose's charisma to 87 - Like the person above me I don't know why it was lowered. He's the main promo guy of The Shield and the segments have been really good, plus he's capable of so much more that he hasn't even displayed yet.

Lower Dolph Ziggler's charisma to 85 - I'm surprised he's so high at 89

Lower Drew McIntyre's charisma to 81

Lower Jerry Lawler's charisma to 88 - I know he's one of the best commentators but he's definitely lost some steps and says a lot of dumb things during commentary. I get that commentary is tough but he's not as charismatic as he used to be.

Lower John Cena's charisma to 94 - I wouldn't class him as "ultra-charismatic" with the level of promos he's been cutting the last few years. He seems forced and cheesy at times. I get he's still ultra-popular and deserves the 99 over, but his actual promos tend to lack something.

Lower Kassius Ohno's speed to 66 - 71 seems a bit high for him

Lower Kevin Nash's charisma to 90 - 94 is really high for the guy's promos

Lower Randy Orton's charisma to 83 - The guy doesn't cut promos on the level of anyone above that and even with his natural charisma it's pushing it

Raise Ric Flair's charisma to 97 - The guy's still one of the best promos in wrestling and has something special that most guys never will

Raise Roman Reigns' over to 78 - Dean Ambrose is 79 and right now Reigns is 73, too far behind his Shield teammate

Lower R-Truth's over to 81

Lower Ryback's speed to 45 and raise technical to 39

Raise Seth Rollins' over to 78 and selling to 87

Raise Shawn Michaels' selling to 92

Lower Sheamus' charisma to 85

Raise Tyson Kidd's speed to 80

Lower Vickie Guerrero's charisma to 82 - another losing battle but come on, her promos and segments aren't that good. She gets booed because she's annoying as shit and usually only shows up to deliver news that pisses off the fans.

Lower Zack Ryder's over to 70 - he's gone down a bit in terms of popularity since his brief US Title reign

• Like 3

By the way, obviously a huge thank you for continuing with these updates, Bill. I haven't said it in a while but it's pretty amazing how you're able to put these out every month and have done so for so long.

Anybody else think TNA should be around 85% National now? They've been doing well in arenas around the US and have a dozen stars who are globally recognized. Just a thought, but I feel like 73% is more representative of where they were in 2011.

I'm pretty sure I made a ton of TNA change suggestions last update that haven't been done yet, so I'll hold off.

• Like 1

maybe i missed it before, but why isnt tna a "global" company?

They aren't on the same tier as WWE. Nobody is at this point. No one else has such a global presence. While TNA has done shows in Europe and elsewhere, so has AAA, I believe. WWE does shows worldwide. It has the largest market share and market penetration by far. Its stars are undoubtedly the biggest in the world and there isn't really a close #2. TNA is the #2, clearly, but they are far behind. I would say 85% at national while WWE is 78% at global makes sense, though.

Lower Randy Orton's charisma to 83 - The guy doesn't cut promos on the level of anyone above that and even with his natural charisma it's pushing it

I always have to come in and defend Randy Orton when it comes to his charisma. No way he should be lower than Daniel Bryan Danielson or Sheamus. He's much more entertaining than both of them. His character is cold and callus. Therefore, he does not show much emotion in his promo's but that's the way it is supposed to be. He does it masterfully. His charisma should be 91-93

By the way, obviously a huge thank you for continuing with these updates, Bill. I haven't said it in a while but it's pretty amazing how you're able to put these out every month and have done so for so long.

Anybody else think TNA should be around 85% National now? They've been doing well in arenas around the US and have a dozen stars who are globally recognized. Just a thought, but I feel like 73% is more representative of where they were in 2011.

I'm pretty sure I made a ton of TNA change suggestions last update that haven't been done yet, so I'll hold off.

I mentioned raising their public images around 2/3 months ago, I think 85% is too low, I'd say around 88-90 but regardless it definitely deserves a boost.

WWE stats suggestions:

Raise Alberto Del Rio's stiffness to 50 - his kicks look really good and I feel like 42 is just a tad low since he does a lot of strikes and holds that all look crisp

Raise Antonio Cesaro's selling to 78 - he is better than 73... guy can have a really good psychology-based match with anyone and never seems to under-sell opponent's offense

Raise Big E Langston's over to 69 - The guy has destroyed Kane, Cena, etc. and has been accompanying Ziggler and AJ for a few months now while getting solid crowd reactions

Lower Brock Lesnar's speed to 45 - I haven't seen him do any real speed-based stuff since his return and he's not as quick as he was in even 2004 and 52 is just one point lower than Cody Rhodes who does springboard kicks and Fandango who does flying legdrops and stuff

Raise Christian's speed to 65 - I know he hasn't been wrestling regularly lately but he's still able to do speed-based matches with the younger guys

Raise Dean Ambrose's charisma to 87 - Like the person above me I don't know why it was lowered. He's the main promo guy of The Shield and the segments have been really good, plus he's capable of so much more that he hasn't even displayed yet.

Lower Dolph Ziggler's charisma to 85 - I'm surprised he's so high at 89

Lower Drew McIntyre's charisma to 81

Lower Jerry Lawler's charisma to 88 - I know he's one of the best commentators but he's definitely lost some steps and says a lot of dumb things during commentary. I get that commentary is tough but he's not as charismatic as he used to be.

Lower John Cena's charisma to 94 - I wouldn't class him as "ultra-charismatic" with the level of promos he's been cutting the last few years. He seems forced and cheesy at times. I get he's still ultra-popular and deserves the 99 over, but his actual promos tend to lack something.

Lower Kassius Ohno's speed to 66 - 71 seems a bit high for him

Lower Kevin Nash's charisma to 90 - 94 is really high for the guy's promos

Raise Ric Flair's charisma to 97 - The guy's still one of the best promos in wrestling and has something special that most guys never will

Raise Roman Reigns' over to 78 - Dean Ambrose is 79 and right now Reigns is 73, too far behind his Shield teammate

Lower R-Truth's over to 81

Lower Ryback's speed to 45 and raise technical to 39

Raise Seth Rollins' over to 78 and selling to 87

Raise Shawn Michaels' selling to 92

Lower Sheamus' charisma to 85

Raise Tyson Kidd's speed to 80

Lower Vickie Guerrero's charisma to 82 - another losing battle but come on, her promos and segments aren't that good. She gets booed because she's annoying as shit and usually only shows up to deliver news that pisses off the fans.

Lower Zack Ryder's over to 70 - he's gone down a bit in terms of popularity since his brief US Title reign

Agree with everything except Big E should be 72/73ish overness. Zigglers charisma should be decreased but to 86/87ish he's better than 85.

John Cena is in the Top 5 for charisma IMO, so I believe he deserves atleast 96. Apart from that everything looks good

I always have to come in and defend Randy Orton when it comes to his charisma. No way he should be lower than Daniel Bryan Danielson or Sheamus. He's much more entertaining than both of them. His character is cold and callus. Therefore, he does not show much emotion in his promo's but that's the way it is supposed to be. He does it masterfully. His charisma should be 91-93

He isn't in the 90's but he isn't in the early 80's either, I'd say around 87 would be fair

Some TNA Suggestions :

Raise AJ Styles's Overness to 88

Raise Austin Aries's Overness to 86

Raise Bobby Roode's Brawling to 82

Raise Bully Ray's Brawling to 84 Overness to 89

Lower Chavo Guerrero's Charisma to 81

Lower Chris Sabin's Overness to 73

Raise Christian York's Overness to 67 Speed 82

Raise Devon's Brawling to 77

Raise Douglas Williams's Overness to 73

Raise Eric Young's Overness to 76

Raise Hernandez's Overness to 74

Raise Jeff Hardy's Brawling to 72 Speed to 77 Technical to 63 Lower his selling to 87 Overness to 92

Raise Jeff Jarrett's Brawling to 78 Charisma to 86

Raise Jessie Godderz's Overness to 61

Raise Joey Ryan's Overness to 72 Charisma to 79

Lower Joseph Park's Overness to 77

Raise Kazarian's Charisma to 78

Raise Kenny King's Overness to 73

Lower Kurt Angle's Charisma to 91

Lower Magnus's Charisma to 78

Raise Matt Morgan's Overness to 77 Brawling to 77 Charisma to 81

Raise Mr.Anderson's Brawling to 81 Technical to 63 Overness to 84

Raise Samoa Joe's Overness to 86

Raise Sting's Overness to 93 Brawling to 76

Raise Zema Ion's Speed to 82

• Like 1

Some TNA Suggestions :

Raise Jeff Hardy's Brawling to 72 Speed to 77 Technical to 63 Lower his selling to 87 Overness to 92

I think Jeff Hardy is more over than Sting. Jeff has been World Champion multiple times in WWE and TNA and he just seems to be more of a big-name star than Sting by a hair. If anything, have Hardy around 93-94 in over, and Sting a point below that.

I don't think Magnus or Angle need their charismas lowered. Both are solid promos with Kurt having the widest versatility and range in character in just about ANYONE. Most top level charismatic performers have only done one character. Ric Flair, John Cena, The Rock, Stone Cold, etc. remained virtually unchanged. On the contrary, Kurt Angle and I guess Chris Jericho are among the few who have drastically altered characters and still cut amazing promos on a regular basis. Kurt has done everything from cornball face to vicious heel to leader of an elitist stable to his current role as leader of the locker room. He's done really good promos all the way through. I can't see him being less than 95 for that reason.

Some TNA Suggestions :

I think Jeff Hardy is more over than Sting. Jeff has been World Champion multiple times in WWE and TNA and he just seems to be more of a big-name star than Sting by a hair. If anything, have Hardy around 93-94 in over, and Sting a point below that.

I don't think Magnus or Angle need their charismas lowered. Both are solid promos with Kurt having the widest versatility and range in character in just about ANYONE. Most top level charismatic performers have only done one character. Ric Flair, John Cena, The Rock, Stone Cold, etc. remained virtually unchanged. On the contrary, Kurt Angle and I guess Chris Jericho are among the few who have drastically altered characters and still cut amazing promos on a regular basis. Kurt has done everything from cornball face to vicious heel to leader of an elitist stable to his current role as leader of the locker room. He's done really good promos all the way through. I can't see him being less than 95 for that reason.

Kurt Angle used to be amazing at promos but now he just bores me so much, I thought I was being generous with 91, It's always the same lines every promo he's no where near as good as he was couple of years back.

I think we've had this discussion before about Hardy n Sting, and as I said Jeff Hardy is my favourite but I believe that Sting is on par with him in TNA, if Sting went to WWE than the reaction wouldn't be as good as Jeff Hardy returning because the fans are just 5-10 year olds now.

OK, I lied... Wanted to get some work done this weekend and had the time, so "No days off"... At least, not yet. Darren Young would be proud.

Why has Ambrose's charisma been lowered from 87/88 to 83? I mean Derrick Bateman, Alberto Del Rio and Antonio Cesaro have higher charisma than him (84) Just curious. I'd say 86 AT LEAST for Dean Ambrose.

When multiple people suggest stat changes, I do my best to go with a happy medium. When certain workers are argued over month after month, their stats will likley change month by month, becaue of people's varying opinions and who voices them that month. Cena and Orton are two other workers that nobody ever seems happy with.

Personally (and I know I'm gonna take crap for this)... I don't know what some people see in Ambrose. IMO, he should be lower than Cesaro and Del Rio... Bateman's charisma probably needs lowered in the scenario you mention above, but personally, I'd put Rollins and Reigns ahead of Ambrose, charisma-wise. But, I don't factor my personal opinion into things too often and didn't in this case, either... Which is why Ambrose's charisma is higher than Rollins and Reigns.

Now that I addressed that, I wanted to let everyone know that Heartland Wrestling Association (HWA) will be removed for the May Update. That leaves us 29 promotions in the game, meaning room to add 5. So, if there's a promotion not in the game that you'd like to see added, this would be the time to speak up. I'll be looking for as much information as possible on the promotion, such as:

Website

Suggestions for Size, Money, Image, Risk, Advertising, Production, Merchandising

Roster (Gimmicks, card positions and dispositions are extremely helpful)

In short, the more info that can be given, the easier it is on me to add them and likely the better chance that the promotion will be added.

Please don't just say "Promotion XYZ should be added." Chances are, I'll completely ignore things like that. Also, the more complete roster that is in the game is a plus as well. Please don't suggest a promotion where only 6 of the 30 wrestlers are in the game. Suggest the workers be added first, then suggest the promotion a few months down the road. I do still have a pretty big backlog on suggested workers to be added. Hopefully, I'll get a chunk of them in in time for the May Update.

Finally, if anyone knows in what order the TNA "One Night Only" PPV's are gonna air (meaning which shows will be which months) please point me to a link stating that. I have all of the events documented, as they were taped in March, but couldn't find anywhere in what order they'll be airing. Worst case, I'll likely fill TNA's Monthly Events with something like "One Night Only: August" ao that there's something there when a new game is started.

Think that's all I got for the time being...

-Bill

Now that I addressed that, I wanted to let everyone know that Heartland Wrestling Association (HWA) will be removed for the May Update. That leaves us 29 promotions in the game, meaning room to add 5. So, if there's a promotion not in the game that you'd like to see added, this would be the time to speak up. I'll be looking for as much information as possible on the promotion, such as:

Website

Suggestions for Size, Money, Image, Risk, Advertising, Production, Merchandising

Roster (Gimmicks, card positions and dispositions are extremely helpful)

In short, the more info that can be given, the easier it is on me to add them and likely the better chance that the promotion will be added.

Please don't just say "Promotion XYZ should be added." Chances are, I'll completely ignore things like that. Also, the more complete roster that is in the game is a plus as well. Please don't suggest a promotion where only 6 of the 30 wrestlers are in the game. Suggest the workers be added first, then suggest the promotion a few months down the road. I do still have a pretty big backlog on suggested workers to be added. Hopefully, I'll get a chunk of them in in time for the May Update.

Maybe PRIME Wrestling would fit nicely in the HWA spot? They're probably in a roughly similar position size-wise, are also based in Ohio, have a TV show and the vast majority of their roster is already in the game (and of the handful that aren't, most should be in your to-be-added backlog from the last two months). I'll try to take a stab at promotion stats tomorrow when I have more time.

Edited by Dan B.