2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Ah, Lenny Pidgeley...

Left Chelsea in 2006, having made 2 whole appearances (although he had been on loan for most of his 4 years there). Last year he joined Newport County, became their first-choice keeper and helped them win promotion to the Football League. So, good on him.

• Like 1

Chelsea have a long history of youth/reserve keepers who never get within a thousand miles of the first team and then disappear off to the lower leagues. At the moment Sam Walker is probably the most heavily loaned, having already played at Barnet, Northampton, Yeovil, Bristol Rovers and Colchester (but not Chelsea) at the age of 21.

Anyway, yes - Rhys Evans has been flitting from club to club each season for at least the last five years, never really getting a great deal of appearances anywhere. At the age of 31, he's now a free agent after having been released by Exeter City, where he played five times in one year.

And that Cornellius guy has supposedly gone to Cardiff .

i dont know if i should feel good or bad for them. The danish league isnt really that good (Nordsjaelland that was in the Ch.League is our second banana to Copenhagen, and they were pants for the most part. Cornelius have a habit of fading if he is up against better defenses, recently he also knocked a sitter into row Z against Georgia (friendly 1-1 game) and was part of that cluster**** that was Denmark vs Armenia recently. His 18 league goals is alright, but most of those came before the winter break
Certainly sounds like an £8million player :shifty:

Danish media claims that Cardiff used 8 mill £ on him, So yes, But then again, the Danish league is in exodus mode at present. Okore and Helenius left for Villa, Rommedahl ( :w00t:) finally fucked off back to the Netherlands, Lasse Vibe went to IFK Gothenburg and Mads Albaek went to Reims. Add Cornelius and thats apart from Rommedahl, top 5 over the profiles of the league :unsure:. Oh well, another championship for Copenhagen then (this league is more predictable than the SPL!) :D

He's good but he's no Nicklas Helenius Danny Simpson.

Left backs and right backs are not the same thing!
Can you forward that to Alan Pardew please

If he hasn't got a left back he can't really play one!

No, Hilarious has gone. We currently have Jamal Blackman (youth keeper) as our number two.

Ruddy seems a touch ambitious for a bench player, but I imagine that being English (and not in the PL squad's foreign player quota) is a priority.

Yeah, which is why I deemed it "ambitious". We'd probably be better off getting someone like Stuart Taylor or Robert Green in - since, after all, the CV requirements are only "at least as good as Ross Turnbull"...

Can't see the point of that one if it's true. Baines is 28 I think.

Eh? That means he's in his prime (and he is). You make it sound like he's 35, or that top teams should never sign players who aren't under 23?

I will be seriously gutted if Baines goes, even for £15million+. He's such a big part of the team and the club. Fellaini can go, but not Bainesy :(

My point was that spending big on a left back who's value will only decrease seems mental to me especially when I imagine the 20m being quoted as the asking price is likely a significant chunk of Moyes' budget.

I'm not saying he isn't worth good money, hes been fantastic and consistent with it for a few years now but I personally just hope that we don't pay it.

I'm surprise the United fans on here are so in favour, most of the other sites I go on the split is more even.

Smacks of predictability as well, I hoped Moyes would try and distance himself from the expectation that he'd bring his old players with him.

I think if he starts throwing money at Osman and Howard you can start worrying, but surely a left back is required with Evra on the way out and Buttner not there yet? They don't get much better than Baines, and that's pretty much the rate a club like Man Utd would have to pay for proven quality.

What else do you need? Another attacking midfielder/striker pending Rooney going or not? It's a squad that needs tweaks rather than an overhaul.

Ahmed Elmohamady has joined Hull City on a permanent deal.

Leroy Fer is a target for Newcastle and Norwich.

Arsenal accepted transfer bids for Bendtner from five different clubs.

Spurs are preparing a 20m euros bid for Galatasaray's Burak Yilmaz.

Roma have rejected a £17m bid from Southampton for Pablo Osvaldo.

Edited by RafaelFms