Bobby Robson Sacked By Newcastle Board!

Guest The Real Deal

Martin O' Neil is touted as the next manager to any job that opens up in the Premiership, so I take that with a pinch of salt. I don't think that Shearer should take it, its too high profile and too soon. He needs to manage a lower league team to get himself into management, I think.

Bobby Robson is a quality manager, i don't understand why the Newcastle Chairman is retarded enougth to fire him. The last straw would of been dropping Shearer last Saturday, which is ridiculas as Shearer being a professional should accept that he was on the bench for that match so Robson could try out Klivert, who made the starting line-up for the first ti9me in the Premiership.

Newcastle seem to just base their club around Shearer, who in my opinion isn't the player he once was, and judging by his age, Newcastle should not be basing the club around Shearer. It's like the WWE baseing the company around someone like Hulk Hogan.

I have a lot of respect for Shearer throughout his career, but he should really accept to be dropped once in a while to allow younger talent to make their mark on the Premiership.

The same fate happend to Rudd Gullit (sp?) when he dropped Shearer for one game in 99, so i wouldn't be suprised if this was Newcastle's reason for giving Robson the boot.

Well, the fact that Newcastle weren't going anywhere at the moment was a good enough reason to get rid of him. He's taken the club as far as they could go, and it's time for a change.

To me, it looks like Robson is a brilliant person, but no longer a brilliant manager. He's lost it. Not good enough for this level I must say.

Am I the only one worried about that Barclays (I think it's them) advert now? POOR BARCLAYS :crying:

Okay I'm done. Seriously though, it was time for a change, Bobby is a great manager but he's getting much further than just 'getting on a bit'. The obvious target is O'Neill, but who knows where this will go.

Houiller took over some American club, didn't he? Or am I imagining things?

As for this... well, Newcastle's board sucks anyway. They never give their guys any support, and then wonder why they can't do anything. And who'll they get? Gregory can't do anything unless he's got some money to back him up, and I doubt Newcastle will let him have that kind of money, Hoddle is shit, Houllier is shit - everyone else is shit with no disernable track record. At least Robson has done something with his career, and he cares about Newcastle. If the board wouldn't keep meddling with his decisions, then maybe he'd do something. Wasn't it the board that made the offer for Rooney and not Robson himself? I reckon Sir Bobby probably tried to get a center back, but never got the support because the board want merchandise money.

And Shearer won't take it just yet. He's got a season left of playing, and he's said he isn't ready for it apparently. They'll want to invest in someone who can solve the problems right now anyway I imagine.

Fuck em... as long as my beloved Bristol Rovers do okay, then I'll be a happy camper :wub:

Edited by britneyspearsisgod

In the Premiership thread I posted my thoughts. To be honest I think it's good in the long run that we got rid of Bobby. The current person being hyped for the job by Sky Sports is George Graham. I still want Gordon Strachan though.