NHL 14

thewrestlingkid

havent seen a topic started for this yet so thought I would

who is excited for this? any hopes? anything you are hoping to see... typical game discussion below lol

personally i cant wait to play the live the life, i found be a pro got abit repetitive after awhile so nice to see them going the route of nba 2k and adding abit of personality to your player aswell as actual skill

I'm not terribly fussed about the Live the Life mode, it's all jsut text-based multiple choice, dull.

I'm not as excited for this year's version as the new skating system ruined the last one for me.

You should just come be a Dragon from the start. :shifty:

I'm not at all excited. They haven't done anything to warrant my $60 this year, as a Be-a-GM mode player almost exclusively.

That said, if I have extra cash, or when they drop it $20 as they inevitably do before Xmas, I will pick it up. If only just so that I have the updated conferences and whatnot.

• 1 month later...

I am enjoying this years game more then last. Although they happen a little too often, the new fighting engine and the way fights start are great. I also feel like the new one button dekes feel natural and I've scored a few times with a quick toe drag into the slot.

I do feel like they have barely updated player ratings in years, though. Also, I'm sick and tired of seeing the same two goalie masks for each team. I don't need the real life ones, I just want some variety.

Loving this game so far, yeah, fights happen pretty easily, even with the sliders down so they don't happen often, but I love the fight system. Haven't done much of the one touch deking, but the game feels smoother than last year's, with the skating seeming a little better. I just been playing regular exhibition games, trying to figure out how to do everything, it's been fun so far.

I remember them addressing this a couple of years ago in one of their dev vids. I think the idea was to try and mimic teams losing in close games putting in that extra effort/second wind/whatever, but it just ended up with superpowered players and soft goalies. It doesn't seem as blatant now as it was a couple of years ago, but it's fucking irritating when it happens.

I had a game against Montreal where I was up 11-5, they scored seven goals in the third, three of those in less than two minutes to win it. All soft goals to, but that's playing on Superstar difficulty. Never had it happen on the other difficulties.

Edited by Baby Hewey