The Persona Franchise (and Atlus in general I guess)

gunnar hendershow

I'm not saying Persona 3 has got me totally hooked... but first thing on the Steam Sale page to get my attention is Personas 4 and 5 have a discount and accidentally fell into my cart. It didn't help that I've been working solid all week so no game time. Lunch break comes up and I decide to play a couple of songs on a rhythm game on my phone. Randomly selected songs in multiplayer and... "kimi no kioku" followed by "Reach out to the Truth"... I think I found a couple of other Persona addicts...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I know @DragonCore made a thread about it, but I feel like it might be too niche a game for most on here.

Gonna watch this after the kids go down tonight, but everything I've seen before this has me excited. So I doubt that changes (especially because I heard there's a job system? I'm a slut for job systems)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I know @DragonCore made a thread about it, but I feel like it might be too niche a game for most on here.

Gonna watch this after the kids go down tonight, but everything I've seen before this has me excited. So I doubt that changes (especially because I heard there's a job system? I'm a slut for job systems)

Didn't realize there was a thread, my bad.  And YES!  A job system!

Need to pencil out 200 hours in the Fall haha.

• stokeriño changed the title to The Persona Franchise (and Atlus in general I guess)
3 hours ago, stokeriño said:

P.S. I edited the thread title, so we can talk about Metaphor and also maybe I'll get SMTV:V when it comes out (I've not played an SMT game myself but have watched a fair bit of game footage).

I've also never played SMT. My only concern is that I've heard it's just dungeons and high difficulty combat, not much story.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

I've also never played SMT. My only concern is that I've heard it's just dungeons and high difficulty combat, not much story.

Yeah I played it a bit and it is kind of like playing 60% of the Persona games.  Lots of dungeon crawling.  I will give it another shot when the DLC comes out.