Audible.com

=BK=

A while back because I participated in an AMA on Reddit with a narrator I was given two codes to redeem for 2 free books through Audible. I had never used Audible before but I had heard of it through podcast ads. I signed up without purchasing a membership and downloaded my books. i love it, I can't afford a membership but I love the quality and selections of the books. Anyone else used them?

Thinking about signing up for the free 30 day membership. Wondering if the book I get will stay in my library with my other two after the membership is canceled. If so then I can just pick a book and then cancel so I don't have to worry about canceling before the 30 days is up.

So is like Netflix for audiobooks or something?

That sounds fantastic, I might get that. I go running for about two hours a day and I run out of good podcasts and stuff quite quickly.

Yeah you pay like 14(you can get it for 7 for three months if you try to cancel, I'm told) a month and you get a credit a month. 1 credit covers the cost of any one audio book. In addition to the monthly credit you get a discount on the price of any audiobook.

http://www.audible.com/t1/30dgft_plusone_TV_at

here is a link to a trial that'll get you two free credits.

Here are the plans.

http://www.audible.com/pap/ref=a_hp_c2_1?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=1AVFPVHHPZQ0WV31W122&pf_rd_m=A2ZO8JX97D5MN9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=5000&pf_rd_p=1737235562&pf_rd_s=center-2

My mother-in-law is dyslexic, so she uses Audible to listen to all the books we tell her she'd enjoy. She swear by their customer service. She's had like two issues with either a book disappearing from her library or something else, and each time they've been very helpful and even given her credits (used to buy the books) for her troubles.

I'll vouch for Audible. Great service, great customer service. Had a glitch once or twice with credits or something but they fixed it quick. Might have even been compensated with an extra credit for the inconvenience. Once you buy a book with the membership credit you can download the file into an mp3 format and it'll remain on your computer for as long as you want it, regardless of membership. As long as you're a member, if you were to accidently delete the mp3 files, you can go into your purchased book library on Audible and redownload it I believe. I only dropped their service because I had to tighten my purse strings and wasn't listening to my books enough to finish them in a month's time, so I'd start accruing credits without using them

• Like 1