The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

I believe this is what you're looking for:

1520__3655__1000i_513X307.jpg

Is he going to play in trainers? That is going to seriously hinder him on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke...

• Like 3

Imagine if you could create a test tube footballer with all the skills and swarthy good looks of Xabi Alonso and all the umm... err... Liverpudlianism of Gerrard.

To be fair, a combination of Alonso and Gerrard in their primes would almost be the perfect midfield player.

Moreno has the whole ginger Spaniard thing that Alonso has going on but is not nearly as handsome.

• Like 1

Sky Sources (and Jim White) reckon Mehdi Benatia is on his way to England to discuss a move to Utd from Roma.

I won't claim I've seen much of him, but I did read that he was regarded as one of, if not the best defender in Serie A last season.

Where's our Serie A expert, Nerf, when you need him?

Edit: Saw a 2min clip on YouTube and decided he's better than what we have now. :shifty:

Looks more composed going forward than half of our midfield too. Says a lot.

To be fair, a combination of Alonso and Gerrard in their primes would almost be the perfect midfield player.

A well timed tackle or well anticipated interception, good ball control, composure on the ball, looks up, spots the forward making a run and pings a forty yard pinpoint pass straight into Row Z?

• Like 3

Sky Sources (and Jim White) reckon Mehdi Benatia is on his way to England to discuss a move to Utd from Roma.

I won't claim I've seen much of him, but I did read that he was regarded as one of, if not the best defender in Serie A last season.

Edit: Saw a 2min clip on YouTube and decided he's better than what we have now. :shifty:

Thought JohnnyPerfect was our Serie A expert?

Thought JohnnyPerfect was our Serie A expert?

Yeah, JohnnyPerfect has been a Serie A fan all his life, Nerf is a fan of leagues so obscure even streaming sites aren't sure they're real.

• Like 2