Is Michael Vick Overrated?

Mofoticon

Is Michael Vick overrated?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is Michael Vick overrated?

• Yes
    • No

Did it lead them to the Super Bowl? Did they win the Super Bowl? No, then it wasn't a meaningful win. Winning an opening round playoff game is nice, but at the end of the year you only went one round further than all the teams that didn't qualify, so how exactly is that meaningful?

No, the win did mean something. Seriously, I live in Wisconsin and my parents even went the game, I should know. You don't know how pissed the people of Wisconsin were when that happened. You have to realize that it did mean something because it's a little thing of being UNDEFEATED in the playoffs at home. People go into Green Bay in the playoffs, they're usually done for, but the Falcons did what nobody thought they could do. Nobody thought that they would win the game, but ya' know what? Vick and the rest of the team came up big when they needed to. Vick lead that team to the playoffs by himself, as was evidence last season when he got hurt and they lost a vast majority of their games. Just because they didn't win the next week doesn't mean it's not a meaningful win. It would be meaningless if they beat a team that's lost at home in the playoffs, in the freezing cold before, but they beat a team that thrives when conditions are the coldest, when they're in the playoffs and they have the privelage of hosting a game in their hometwon. You do not realize how much Lambeau Field means to the state of Wisconsin until you live here and then to have somebody just come in and win with a 2nd year QB. Learn some shit about the entire situation before you go off saying it's meaningless, because it is meaningful. Seriously, if you're going to say that a win against the Packers at their home, where they love it in the playoffs, was meaningless, then I have a whole state here, ready to rip you a new one. I suggest you don't say the win is meaningless, because it did mean something when you send the whole state of Wisconsin into shock and anger.

Comparing the Falcons to a team that beats a high-ranked team, then loses to a mediocre team the next? What the hell? Last time I checked, the Eagles weren't a bad team, so that comparison isn't exactly something Einstein would come up with.

Vick's only been in the league for a grand total of 3 years, entering his 4th and has only played one full one. Of course he's not going to win an MVP in that amount of time. The QB position isn't something you can just dive into ass first and hope for a great outcome. He was benched most of his rookie year because Reeves thought it would help him more and it might've, it might not have, but for you to say he's nowhere near MVP caliber when he's only played one full season is right, because nobody is. Manning, McNair, they've been in the league a few more years and Manning's pedigree helped him, so that further advances them upon Vick, who also is learning a new offense, with a new coach. And to say he's not close to Warner is um, right, I guess. Warner's overrated, always has been. Listen, when you have one of the league's best O-Lines with people like Timmerman, Pace, and the like, as well as one of the best weapons, both in passing and in running in Marshall Faulk, you're misjudgments and overall shittiness will be disguised. Oh yeah, and the fact that he had the best WR duo in th league to throw too as well. Listen, to put Warner as a great QB of this generation is questionable. Yes, he won 2 MVP's, but you want to look at something really interesting?

Orlando Pace, star Left Tackle for the St. Louis Rams injures himself in the preseason last year and is not ready for opening week. Kurt Warner is penciled in as the Rams starting QB against the Giants. What happens? Warner is sacked time and time again, fumbles the ball 6 times and blames it on a concussion.

Now tell me, how good does Kurt Warner look when he doesn't have an O-Line to protect him? You live in New York, you tell me how he does with that this year.

Most know by now that Warner's only really got a strong arm and according to Syco in a previous thread, that doesn't leave much to be desired about quarterback-wise. Enough of my rant on Warner, back to Vick.

Vick, like I said, makes his team better when he's in. Last time I checked that's what a leader is, in football. The guy who comes into the game and totally changes the way the came is played by himself. To say that Vick isn't that guy is wrong, because he's done that before and he'll do it time and time again. He may not have won a Super Bowl yet, but with the way he's made the team around him better in the past, it's only a matter of time.

Look, all I'm saying is that you got to let the guy get at least one more year under his belt before you start calling him overrated.

Can Vick stay on the field before we start calling him a great one. He can run.....big whoop. Play WR or something. Comparing Manning and Vick is a joke. Manning only helped turn them from a 3 win team into a playoff team every year. There's also this little talent Manning possesses....what's it called.....um....yeah, the ability to lead a great passing attack.

You keep saying that Vick isn't a great QB because he hasn't won a superbowl or won the MVP. How many QB's have won the MVP or led their team to a superbowl in only three seasons? I haven't looked it up but I'd be willing to bet that the list doesn't even contain five players.

Kurt Warner

Dan Marino

John Elway

Bobby Layne (NFL Title)

Joe Montana

Joe Namath

Johnny Unitas

Norm Van Brocklin

Bob Waterfield

All either won titles, or guided their teams to title games within three years of being in the league. Their all also in the Hall of Fame, but I just felt like proving you wrong :P