I refuse to be a Football Widow again

Your Mom

Ok so Football season is upon us once again. This time of year is normally hell for me as Christopher loves the sport and I know next to nothing about it. Unless they play in the Super Bowl I barely ever see them. So I know this:

1. Tom Brady is a sexy bitch :blush:

2. New England seems to be the awesomest team ever.

Christopher is doing a Fantasy Football draft with some guys from work today. What even goes on at those sorts of things anyway? So heres the deal people. I want to learn about Football so I am not forced into the same role of drink getter who has no clue whats going on. So what do you suggest? I saw those Yahoo leagues and I may try one, but I need education first and dont want to go to lame places for it. HELP ME!

http://www.playfootball.com/

Explains it all, really simply, 'cause it's aimed at kids. When any of my friends asked me what the hell it's about (I'm pretty much the only American Football fan in my town), I point them here, and it seems to do them well.

Also, http://www.nfluk.com/ 's got some good stuff, again fairly simple as it's aimed at newcomers to the game.

Christopher is doing a Fantasy Football draft with some guys from work today. What even goes on at those sorts of things anyway? So heres the deal people. I want to learn about Football so I am not forced into the same role of drink getter who has no clue whats going on. So what do you suggest? I saw those Yahoo leagues and I may try one, but I need education first and dont want to go to lame places for it. HELP ME!

Pro Football Reference

I always recommend this site, for people who want to gain a bit of knowledge on the NFL. It has stats for players and teams, so you can look over the players stats from last year. After you have learned some of the football terminology from above sites. This site will show you which players put up the big numbers. This can give you an idea on who some of the elite players/teams are.

Guest kijlhumt

You don't even need to know the rules of it. Just show an interest, and if he's any kind of a man, he'll explain it to you in his own way.

Wifey didn't know anything about baseball, but one afternoon, she showed an interest in it, so I explained it to her while we watched a game. Now, it's a way that we can spend time together.

You can read the rules that everyone's posted, but if he notices you having an interest in something that he's interested in, he'll want you to know more about it.

You don't even need to know the rules of it. Just show an interest, and if he's any kind of a man, he'll explain it to you in his own way.

Wifey didn't know anything about baseball, but one afternoon, she showed an interest in it, so I explained it to her while we watched a game. Now, it's a way that we can spend time together.

You can read the rules that everyone's posted, but if he notices you having an interest in something that he's interested in, he'll want you to know more about it.

I was going to surprise him with all my new knowledge, but your idea sounds really nice. :)

Cheer for Pittsburgh. After the season the Steelers had last year my team needs as many Terrible Towlers as possible. And Plaxico Burress is 12 times better looking then Tom Brady on a bad day.

Sad, but true. Brady looks like a turd...

New England > All other NFL teams. Yes, i said it. Oakland sucks too. That is all.

Although NCAA > all NFL teams. Theres more passion and history, which makes it more exciting in my opinion.

Edited by Hellfire065

New England > All other NFL teams. Yes, i said it. Oakland sucks too. That is all.

Although NCAA > all NFL teams. Theres more passion and history, which makes it more exciting in my opinion.

So much blasphemy in your post... How do you live with yourself?

So much blasphemy in your post... How do you live with yourself?

eh, its hard, but after i watch the Patriots run over a shitty team like the dolphins or someone of the sort, i feel much better. :P

And now you start to make sense by saying the Dolphins suck? (DOLPHINS SUCK DAMNIT!) What are you on?