Most Underated Athletes

Hellfire

I figured since there was a most overated athlete topic that there should be one of these. Are there any athletes that are underated, that do many things for their teams but are always overshadowed by the other players of the team?

I'm going to say Reggie Miller was in his prime. I hate(d) his fucking guts as a Knicks fan, but there's no one else in the league in the last decade or so that I'd rather have take the final shot of a game with the possible exception of MJ. Any player who almost always performs in the clutch but stays under the rader is underrated IMHO.

I think that Garrett Anderson of the Anaheim Angels is very under-rated. He's a great player in my opinion and he can deliver on a consisted basis.

Garrett Anderson is the most underrated player in sports today.

I totally forgot about him, which shows how underrated he is. If he played for the Yankees, he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread, so I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.

Tim Wakefeild. Hes one of the most durible pitchers, he can start one day and pitch in relief the next day if he had to. He doesnt have a great fastball but he does have the best knuckleball in the big leagues.

Wade from the Heat, everyone's been going on about how Melo and LeBron are so good, but have forgotten about him, and he's a great player, and took the Heat to Six games witht he Pacers after everyone called Sweep.

that is true, i just saw the highlights of his amazing game on ESPN. The kid is sick, he's gonna be a great one in the next couple of years.

when i think of Wade i think of Iverson, both were good in their rookie season, and both will be good in the future........

Wade's a better all around player than AI. He's a better shooter, doesn't turn it over as much and has more size so he won't be a walking injury in the future. If Wade can play with one half of AI's heart, he'll be a top 10 player in the next 4 or 5 seasons.