NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

“Make no mistake about it, and let's be clear: Jeff Garcia is the starting quarterback,” Davis said. “It's my responsibility as the head football coach and it's our responsibility as a team to give him and everybody on offense the best opportunity to execute, to perform and to play well.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was scared for a bit, but the Viks pulled through. As close as the game was, that was a crucial win for the Moss-less Minnesota squad.

And man, did the Bengals give Pittsburgh a run for their money. Thankfully they held them off and are 9-1.

Both of favorite teams win close games. That is all I ask.

And to dragon27...who will be mauled by who? Haha. It looked to me like Peyton had his way with the Bears.

Now to continue watching the Eli Experiment.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

What a fucking stupid week to decide to collapse. I'm incredibly dissapointed in the performance, especially seeing as the Colts lost two starting offensive linemen for this game. Considering how well the Bears defense ahs played the last three weeks, I would have expected a much more solid performance, not necessarily a win, seeing as or offense has gone AWOL. But at least I'd have thought the Colts would be held to no rore than 20, 25 points.

5 straight for the Pack. :-D

They still have a VERY tough schedule ahead of them, though. Javon Walker has been brilliant so far. Actually their whole recieving core really stepped up this season. It's nice to see Favre with some actual threats to get the ball to for once. Since he's always had to do his best with sub-par wideouts. I think Favre would have broken some more records if he had some better players to throw to back in the day.

But anyway, things are looking good and I'm looking forward to watching the Packers HOPEFULLY get some revenge on that whooping that was put on us 2 years ago in the playoffs.

The Eagles have it coming to them, too. :-D

NEW YORK -- An agreement is close to completion where retired Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams will serve a four-game suspension beginning next month and then be reinstated to the team by the NFL, according to parties close to the negotiations.

Williams

"I am pleased with the National Football League's proposal," attorney David Cornwell told the Associated Press on Tuesday. "I think Ricky will be pleased, too."

The league said Tuesday an agreement has not been finalized.

"There is no deal," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. "There may be a proposal, but there's no agreement." Aiello added that the league and Williams' representatives have been in discussions "for some time."

Williams must approve the deal, which would require him to immediately submit to league drug testing and continue on a regular basis. The running back is required to serve a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

The deal would allow him to move from the retired list to the suspended list for the final four games of the schedule. After that, his contract with the Dolphins would be in force.

Still at issue is whether Williams has the desire to play pro football again. Now about a month into a 17-month course at the California College of Ayurveda in Grass Valley, Calif., studying holistic medicine., Williams told the San Francisco Chronicle, "I understand their [Cornwall and Williams' agent Leigh Steinberg] wishful thinking. It's easy math. If I play, it puts more money in their pocket."

Although he wouldn't rule out a return to football, he indicated the game was far from his mind.

"I loved playing football, but the reasons I loved football were just to feed my ego," Williams said. "And any time you feed your ego, it's a one-way street."

Williams, 27, retired during the summer, giving up the $5 million he would have earned this season, which would have been his sixth in the NFL, amid reports he faced the suspension for substance abuse.

The Dolphins' season pretty much was ruined by Williams' sudden retirement. The star runner was the focal point of Miami's offense and the Dolphins, also ravaged by injuries, are 1-9 without him. They will have their first losing season since 1988 and Dave Wannstedt resigned as coach earlier this month.

The team filed a lawsuit last month in federal court against Williams after an arbitrator ruled he owes the team more than $8.6 million for breaching his contract.

Williams rushed for 3,225 yards in two seasons with the Dolphins, including a league-leading 1,853 yards in 2002. They acquired the 1998 Heisman Trophy winner in a trade with New Orleans after the 2001 season.

Throughout his career, Williams has been plagued by strange behavior, including conducting interviews with his helmet on when he was with the Saints. He suffers from social-anxiety disorder and was a spokesman for an anti-depressant. He said marijuana helped him once he had to stop using the anti-depressant because it didn't agree with his diet.

Williams found laughable reports he retired because he wanted to continue smoking marijuana.

Watching the game reminded me of a question I had...does anyone know if there's a particular reason Jim Nantz and Greg Gumbel switched places this season? IMO, Gumbel and Simms make a much better announce team than Nantz and Simms.

I hate Jim Nantz.

Well that was a sad, sad game. The only reason why I watched it, was because it was either watch the game, or work on food.

And in other news, I feel bad for WrestleCrap.com's Blade Braxton, who has to now review the Chyna/X-Pac sex tape for the site.

HAHAHA. That is a terrible fate, but here's another bet you'd probably have to be high to take. Over/Under Peyton Manning TD passes in a game: 4, taking the under...or betting whether or not Jim Sorgi will get in the game this week. Garbage time starts with 12 minutes left boys.