NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure by now a good deal of people have seen the end of the Vikings/Lions game. Say Goodbye to that center, he's gone. What a crappy way to keep the Vikes from choking away another game. They were robbed of a choke by a choke. As for the Colts, last night's game proved one thing to me, if Edgerrin can't get carries up the middle Peyton can't throw up the middle. Every pass up the middle was batted down outside the TD to Harrison. It was a good game and I give credit to Baltimore's D but man does Kyle Boller stink.

Ugh, just fucking ugh is all I can say about the Detroit Lions loss. I speak on behalf of every Lions fan when I use the phrase, "same old story". It seems as if my beloved Lions find a new way to lose, game after game, season after season. This is a franchise that has had a player die on the field, this is a franchise that has seen two promising players suffer career ending neck injuries, this is a franchise that has had a player killed in the off-season from a car accident, this is a franchise that is cursed. I hold little hope for the rest of this season, as even if we're competitive, somebody on the team will shoot us in the foot.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Sucks for T.O. that he's out until at least the Super Bowl, but as a loyal Giants fan/Eagles hater, I have to say it's pretty fucking amusing that Eagles fans are crying in their beers right now. I still didn't think they could win the Super Bowl as New England and Pittsburgh are clearly better in my mind, but if they don't make it, and Atlanta falls short it could be another boring Super Sunday.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

tonight Monday Night Football Game: Patriots vs. Dolphins (according to Madden 2005)

Patriots - 27

Dolphins - 10

Patriots

Tom Brady - 90.5 Passer Rating, 208 passing yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 23-for-39

Corey Dillon - 24 rushes, 103 yards, 1 TD, 4.2 ypc., 0 fumbles

Christian Fauria - 5 recepts., 40 yards, 1 TD

Mike Vrabel - 8 Tackles, 2 tackles for loss, 1 sack

Dolphins

A.J. Feely - 19.8 passer rating, 105 passing yards, 0 TD's, 3 INT's, 14-for-28

Sammy Morris - 21 rushes, 53 yards, 0 TD's, 2.5 ypc., 0 fumbles

Randy McMichael - 4 recepts., 26 yards, 0 TD

Larry Chester - 9 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, 1 sack

*Dolphins only TD came from a 1 yard plunge from Rob Konrad

Lets see if this happens tonight?

This season is leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth..

WE LOST TO THE FUCKING SAINTS..

That was fucking pathetic, real fucking pathetic. After watching this season and last, I am starting to doubt John Gruden's Abilities as a coach. In the second half, Brian Griese threw a grand total of five times.. What the fuck??

The Saints Secondary is fucking terrible, and we have Michael Clayton, Joe Jurevicious, and Joey Galloway as recievers. Why not try to put them away?

Then, Alstott fumbles in the FIRST Quarter, and Gruden decides to not give him the ball for the rest of the game. WTF? Pitmann has fumbled multiple times this season in much more important situations(Like Yesterday), he never got fucking punished. Alstott could have gotten us the first down multiple times in the second half. And he could have put some nice 5-10 yard runs together easily.. Since if your a tired Lineman, Alstott is one of the Last people you want to have to try and tackle.

And WTF is his fucking problem with the Shotgun??

Is there any other coach in the league who refuses to use the ShotGun. It opens up play oppurtunities, and it gives your quarterback more time, and when you have an O Line like the Bucs, that time is pretty fucking valuable..

I hope to fucking God Simms starts against Carolina this Sunday. Kid lost his job to injury, its time to see if hes worth starting or not, because Griese is NOT the future of The Bucs.

Overall, poor fucking effort yesterday. A Kick Return for a TD and a Punt Return for a TD is pretty fucking pathetic too.

5-11 is looking pretty fucking possible right now. What a fucking fall from Grace.

Edited by Javs

Oh I will finally get to gloat today! Patriots fans, here you this. The Colts beat the Ravens and their defense played well. You uppity bastards lost to the Dolphins and your defense played horrible. And Brady thanks for the 4 picks MVP. Or that is what they'd want you to think on WEEI, the local sports radio station. This just furthers my explanation on how Brady is mediocre at best and if people can hit him he's garbage. 29-28, I know the Colts are 11-3 and that one of those losses is to the Patriots (damn you Edge and Vanderjagt) but the New England fans around here are never going to hear the end of it. I'm AMPED!

Brady that cock-sucking whore, he cost me my pro-line bet :( I needed New England to win by 4.

There wasn't any point of passing either, run it when you have a lead that big to run out the clock, don't pass with less then 4 minutes to go. Punting is better then passing and getting INT. (I'm just going by the box score that says both TD's were scored with less then 4 minutes to go.

Edited by Corizzle

The Monday Night game made me laugh incredibly hard. How does the worst record in the league beat the best record in the league?

And the best games of the week to watch were Indianapolis/Baltimore (Great offense vs. defense battle in this game) and Carolina/Atlanta (Great game that went right down to the wire)

Guest BacknBlackHoez

The Monday Night game made me laugh incredibly hard. How does the worst record in the league beat the best record in the league?

And the best games of the week to watch were Indianapolis/Baltimore (Great offense vs. defense battle in this game) and Carolina/Atlanta (Great game that went right down to the wire)

worst recordin the league = 49ers

I found it funny that the Minnesota-Green Bay game was a final of 34-31, once again on a Ryan Longwell field goal as the game winner. Stupid penalties on the final Minnesota surge did them in. I hope they drop out of the playoffs entirely because they are the biggest chokers in the NFL. It happens every year, they rush out to a good start and just fade away.