NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pittsburgh was without Plaxico Burress for the first Jets game. And they still should've won by a lot more than they did.

The Steelers passing game was shut down because of the lack of Plax to stretch the field. Add him in and it's a totally different game. Plus the Jets won't be able to run on the Steelers, with the exception of the Bengals in one game, no one has.

Add to that that the Jets will be mighty tired and the Steelers a fresh team with most of their starters healthy and playing...

But I don't predict Steeler playoff games. It's bad karma.

Oh and the Chargers were overrated. They weren't nearly as good as the media made them out to be and losing in the 1st round showed it, the Jets didn't look great either. If the Jets play that way against the Steelers...it's curtains. Steel curtains.

Honestly, the Vikings/Eagles matchup is a lot more interesting since Philly is sans Owens. The Falcons/Rams game will be close only if Atlanta's defense tries to mail it in. If they play like they're capable, the Falcons will be at the NFC Championship game with relative ease.

The AFC, however, is where it's at. There are three legit Super Bowl teams in Indy, Pittsburgh, and New England, thus making the Indy/Pats matchup a potential classic and the AFC Championship game a potential thriller in and of itself.

And before anyone asks, the Jets are getting shot down in t-minus approximately one week.

I'm hoping the Pats win and come into Pittsburgh completely healthy so the Steelers can beat em again and prove everyone wrong. I'm so fucking sick of hearing the excuse that Corey Dillon didn't play against the Steelers on Halloween.

I mean if you listen to the media and the Pats fans, Indy doesn't stand a chance because Corey Dillon is playing.

I'm hoping the Pats win and come into Pittsburgh completely healthy so the Steelers can beat em again and prove everyone wrong. I'm so fucking sick of hearing the excuse that Corey Dillon didn't play against the Steelers on Halloween.

I mean if you listen to the media and the Pats fans, Indy doesn't stand a chance because Corey Dillon is playing.

I have never hoped for the Colts to win a game more than this weekend's game against New England. Being a non-New England fan in New England is hell. For years I didnt have to hear anything because the Patriots sucked. But now (and hey they deserve it, two Super Bowls) Patriots fans and the local media won't shut up. The Patriots can do no wrong. Everytime they lose it is blamed on some outside influence or something. They can't just lose and say "We weren't the better team today and we lost." I hate it when the Colts lose but if they sucked that day, I'll say damn they played like shit. I'd just like Patriots fans to do the same. I need this game to shut up this community. It doesn't mean as much to me as if the Colts winning the Super Bowl but if that is Priority 1, beating the Patriots is Priority 1A.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Vick got himself a MVP vote!

Im sad to see Roscoe Parrish go to the draft, because The U! will be missing a great WR next season, but they always have great players!

But im happy, cause he's a late 1st to 2nd round pick, which means my Falcons can hopefully pick him up, lord knows we need WR's.

Edited by BacknBlackHoez